• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Installing AnyDVD-HD

dashhappy

Hi ,
I have asked this once before but didn't receive a responses so I'm asking again:)

I'm running win 7 64bit and have several Hard Drives internally, on the C:\ drive is where the Slysoft Directory resides and my Netdownloads Directory resides on my internal R:\ Drive..
I download all my updates for AnyDVD-HD to my R drive and try to install them but it wont install from a different drive. The file must reside on the drive I'm installing it to before it will properly install. I use to be able to install it from any drive and it would install it to the Slysoft dir on my C:\ drive but not any more.. Is there a prob with the AnyDVD HD Installer? I noticed the latest download had a fix to its installer but it still does the above..btw: any other pgm Will install correctly from the R-Drive... any help from you guru's would be cool, thanks...:)

Hi ,
I have asked this once before but didn't receive a responses so I'm asking again:)

I'm running win 7 64bit and have several Hard Drives internally, on the C:\ drive is where the Slysoft Directory resides and my Netdownloads Directory resides on my internal R:\ Drive..
I download all my updates for AnyDVD-HD to my R drive and try to install them but it wont install from a different drive. The file must reside on the drive I'm installing it to before it will properly install. I use to be able to install it from any drive and it would install it to the Slysoft dir on my C:\ drive but not any more.. Is there a prob with the AnyDVD HD Installer? I noticed the latest download had a fix to its installer but it still does the above..btw: any other pgm Will install correctly from the R-Drive... any help from you guru's would be cool, thanks...:)

No, I never heard of this problem. I always install AnyDVD from a network share, never from the drive, where it should be installed to.

Maybe, if R: is a removable drive, then security will stop you running it without admin password? Sometimes also, it can depend where the installer puts its temp files.

No, I never heard of this problem. I always install AnyDVD from a network share, never from the drive, where it should be installed to.

James,

I've attached 4 pics so you can see what is happening in the order it happened..

Pic-1=Shows the Downloaded File
Pic-2=Shows I ran as Administrator
Pic-3=Shows the AnyDVD-HD Error Pop-Up
Pic-4=Shows 4 Additional files AnyDVD-HD created.

Attachments

• Pic  (1).jpg
    Pic (1).jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Pic  (2).jpg
    Pic (2).jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Pic  (3).jpg
    Pic (3).jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Pic  (4).jpg
    Pic (4).jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 23
James,

I've attached 4 pics so you can see what is happening in the order it happened..

Pic-1=Shows the Downloaded File
Pic-2=Shows I ran as Administrator
Pic-3=Shows the AnyDVD-HD Error Pop-Up
Pic-4=Shows 4 Additional files AnyDVD-HD created.

Do you have a properly defined temp directory?

Do you have a properly defined temp directory?

James allow me to correct myself, I believe I have a properly defined temp Directory, Not sure tho.. One is set-up for the C:\ Drive in the Environment Variables settings but I didn't see one set-up for my R:\Drive. Should there be one and if there should be How would I type this out so it would be seen by my PC directed to the R:\ Drv?
I'm not very intell on commands :>

I took a snapshot of the ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES in the SYSTEM PROPERTIES
I hope this is a help.. Thanks..

Attachments

• Temp-PIC.jpg
    Temp-PIC.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 18
James allow me to correct myself, I believe I have a properly defined temp Directory, Not sure tho.. One is set-up for the C:\ Drive in the Environment Variables settings but I didn't see one set-up for my R:\Drive. Should there be one and if there should be How would I type this out so it would be seen by my PC directed to the R:\ Drv?
I'm not very intell on commands :>

I took a snapshot of the ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES in the SYSTEM PROPERTIES
I hope this is a help.. Thanks..

Screenshots... aren't so good.
From a command prompt, type "set > x.txt" (without quotes)
Now open x.txt with an editor (type "start x.txt")
Check the paths for TEMP and TMP, do they exist?

Screenshots... aren't so good.
From a command prompt, type "set > x.txt" (without quotes)
Now open x.txt with an editor (type "start x.txt")
Check the paths for TEMP and TMP, do they exist?

2 instances are there, I copied and pasted a few lines from the x.txt file

SystemDrive=C:
SystemRoot=C:\Windows
TEMP=C:\Users\BRO~1.RON\AppData\Local\Temp
TMP=C:\Users\BRO~1.RON\AppData\Local\Temp
USERDOMAIN=BroRonnie-PC
USERNAME=Bro.Ronnie
USERPROFILE=C:\Users\Bro.Ronnie
windir=C:\Windows

I'm not sure why it would report the dir as TEMP=C\Users\BRO~1.RON
instead as TEMP=C\Users\Bro.Ronnie
Also just wondering, should there be a temp also listed for the R:\ drive?

James, thanks for all of your help! I know you are a very busy person and using some of your time to help me is very kind of you :clap:

Last edited:
"BRO~1.RON" is almost certainly the 8.3-compliant short version of "Bro.Ronnie" on your system; nothing unusual there. And environment variables are per user, NOT per drive; your temp directory is on your C:\ drive even if the installer is on your R:\ drive.

2 instances are there, I copied and pasted a few lines from the x.txt file

SystemDrive=C:
SystemRoot=C:\Windows
TEMP=C:\Users\BRO~1.RON\AppData\Local\Temp
TMP=C:\Users\BRO~1.RON\AppData\Local\Temp
USERDOMAIN=BroRonnie-PC
USERNAME=Bro.Ronnie
USERPROFILE=C:\Users\Bro.Ronnie
windir=C:\Windows

James, thanks for all of your help! I know you are a very busy person and using some of your time to help me is very kind of you :clap:
can you access the temp dir?

try something like

dir %temp%
dir %tmp%

can you access the temp dir?

try something like

dir %temp%
dir %tmp%

Yes Sir I can.

I was able to access the tmp and the temp Dir as per noted above and both reported the same amount of files and same size per files..

Yes Sir I can.

I was able to access the tmp and the temp Dir as per noted above and both reported the same amount of files and same size per files..

Now I have reached the point, where I have no clue what's happening. Sorry...

Now I have reached the point, where I have no clue what's happening. Sorry...

Isn't there a way you can get the installer to save a log or debugging info?

The problem on his system may stem from the fact that the TEMP and TMP environment variables in his system properties are different than what is reported by the SET command. They should match (on my systems they do).

The problem on his system may stem from the fact that the TEMP and TMP environment variables in his system properties are different than what is reported by the SET command. They should match (on my systems they do).

K, I see what you are saying and No, mine Do'Not match.

So, should I edit a change? and if so How should I go about this, I sure don't want to mess anything up on my pc.. Thanks James and Pelvis Popcan...

K, soooooooooo, any ideas on how I can fix this then?

Back