• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Incorrect TV Standard reported

HiRezAudio

I have here a PAL disc I need to turn into it's VOB files.
DVDDecrypter is (correctly) identifying the content as PAL.
720x576 Video file.
AnyDVD is trying to tell me it is NTSC though.
This is bad news for all manner of reasons - Can I trust AnyDVD to tell the difference between PAL & NTSC?

This is bad news for all manner of reasons - Can I trust AnyDVD to tell the difference between PAL & NTSC?

I've never read of Anydvd wrongly detecting the video standard. Regardless, Anydvd doesn't convert PAL to NTSC nor vice versa.

I've never read of Anydvd wrongly detecting the video standard. Regardless, Anydvd doesn't convert PAL to NTSC nor vice versa.

That's what I thought.
However, on this disc - which is definitely 720x576 PAL - AnyDVD is reporting the TV standard as NTSC.
I have a screenshot of this if you can let me know where to send it to (I tried to upload it, but it was too big (pixel wise) and attempting to reduce it made the words illegible here.

@ HiRezAudio,

Since AnyDVD doesn't convert PAL to NTSC nor vice versa it really doesn’t matter if AnyDVD incorrectly displays the Video Format of any particular Commercial DVD Movie Title.

Just ignore the incorrect PAL/NTSC video format information that AnyDVD is displaying and process the Commercial DVD Movie Title in the manner that you chose.

Regards,
Coaster

Thank You.
It was really confusing seeing a known PAL disc described as NTSC Video format.

Thank You.
It was really confusing seeing a known PAL disc described as NTSC Video format.

1. a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

2. Specify the a)full title, b)region code, c) country, and d) release date of the disc

Thanks

Back