• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Inconsistency in AnyDVD_log

blacklash

I haven't used AnyDVD very often as of yet, but is creating the log file before or after the rip the same thing? Does ripping it after provide more info or difference in anyway? These were the questions I've been thinking of when I was experimenting. Keep in mind that this was a BDISO rip.

I've created 2 sets of log files under the same settings in AnyDVD. However, when I compared the two, there were some differences. The first AnyDVD_log was created after ripping the ISO, and the second was created before, but I didn't rip the ISO. Therefore, I couldn't check the CRC of both ISOs to see if they were identical. Shouldn't their log files be identical if the same disc is ripped multiple times or right after each other? Note that there were 4 files in the ZIPLOG archive that did not match eachother's. The nature of the log file had times for info retrieval, so I had to open them up and delete all the times and compare them side-by-side. This was the result:

"sbresult" were different.

--------------

"WM_POWERBROADCAST 0x5" showed up in a 3rd attempt I made. It was from the log file created after the ISO rip. I also wanted to report that the CRC of the ISO, .dvd file, and the md5 file were identical to the first attempt for ripping the ISO. I guess that's the most important part, but I haven't compared other discs to be sure this will be 100% sure.

Also, I would like to know where I can check the number of sectors that were unreadable during the ripping session. Regardless if they were unreadable because of bad sectors, scratches/fingerprints/dirt, or fake sectors, I would like to know where I can find this information.

Also, I would like to know how to unzip the ISO file. I clearly left the keep protection box unchecked, so I don't know why it still doesn't work. It won't play on VLC like it does for DVDISOs when I drag it to my desktop icon.

7-Zip 9.20 can't seem to extract the BDISO, but DVDISOs work.

Last edited:
Without seeing the actual log files, it's very difficult to follow.
Please simply post them, then it may be possible to explain better.

But I can say right away: because random things happen all the time, the logs will have random content to some extent.
Like those WM_POWERBROADCAST messages. Nothing interesting, just messages occasionally sent to the drive and picked up by the log.
Bus encryption is partly random, multithreading causes things to happen in a slightly different order every time, etc...

The rip has absolutely no effect. None of it goes into the log file.

Back