• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Impossible to see HD DVD on PC

auron11

Hi friends, sorry if I wrote stupid thing but this is my first post...:agree:

I have follow question \ problem :

I' m using the HD DVD XBOX360 player, I connect it to my PC,
I have Any HD-DVD active and I use Power DVD ultra 7 ,
(when I come back to my house I will add the detail info about revision of PW DVD and the log that anydvd show to me.)

I have a RADEON9600 video card (I think it is not compatible with the HDCP),
the OS is WIN XP SP2.
if I try to see the movies, it start but the video is encrypted , (I suppose ,black screen with the square green and so on).
I read that with the any HD DVD was possible to see movies also if your video card was not compatible with HDCP , isn't true?

I tryed to connect PC to my TV with VGA and with DVI but the result did't change.

I also try to rip the DVD on HD with anyHDDVD but also in this case the result has been the same, no video.

Could anybody help me?

Thanks a lot in advance
(later I will add all the info about revision e log) :bowdown:
regards
Gianni

Not sure if your 9600 is good enough for HD-dvd, but try installing the latest drivers for it

Not sure if your 9600 is good enough for HD-dvd, but try installing the latest drivers for it

9600 is weak for HD DVD. Yet you should be able to see the video, playback will not be smooth. But there should be some video all right.

Hi, I found some new driver , I will try to install them this evening,
later I will update you..
Regards
Gianni

Hi friends,
yesterday I update my video driver and reinstall the power DVD SW ver 7.3.
The final result is :
If I try to see any movies the PowerDVD said to me that my HW is not good enough to see it (I have a P4 3 Mhz and seems is not enough) , but if I put a demo HD DVD disc (Esotic Aquarium) I receive the same message but the acquarium starts (also if it not fluid)....
Bah . . . . ..

bye :doh:

Gianni

did you run the powedvd checker to see what piece of hardware isn't good enough?

Yes , I ran it, the result said to me that I need change the CPU and the video board.
At the moment I have P4 3 Ghz and AGP 4x Radeon 9600.

regards

gianni

Time for a new computer

You really, really need a core 2 duo of sorts and a good grahics card. A 3.0Ghz Pentium won't cut it.

I have a X1950Pro and a C2DE6600 and I have exactly the same problem!!! :(

I have desperately trying to get my HD DVDs to work on my PC. I recently bought a Dell WFP3007-HC 30" Monitor and want to test it out with some 1080ps movies. (I bought Matrix set and Planet Earth, so awesome)

Anyway, I bought AnyDVD and PowerDVD thinking that would be all I need to get my movies playing as my X1950XTX does not have any kind of HDCP passthrough (despite it saying so on the box, but thats another story) and I don't think the dell 30" is HDCP compatible. Anyway I figured AnyDVD would strip the HDCP and AACS so I could just plain and simply watch my DVDs.

However when I try and play a DVD, I get audio fine and even menus appear but there is no video whatsoever. Playing videos individually its any file with a .evo extension that won't play and I'm guessing thats the VC-1 encoded files.

Am I missing anything to get VC-1 playing correctly or have I just wasted $100+ on another failed attempt of simply getting something I paid for to work.

Thanks!

I have a X1950Pro and a C2DE6600 and I have exactly the same problem!!! :(

I have desperately trying to get my HD DVDs to work on my PC. I recently bought a Dell WFP3007-HC 30" Monitor and want to test it out with some 1080ps movies. (I bought Matrix set and Planet Earth, so awesome)

Anyway, I bought AnyDVD and PowerDVD thinking that would be all I need to get my movies playing as my X1950XTX does not have any kind of HDCP passthrough (despite it saying so on the box, but thats another story) and I don't think the dell 30" is HDCP compatible. Anyway I figured AnyDVD would strip the HDCP and AACS so I could just plain and simply watch my DVDs.

However when I try and play a DVD, I get audio fine and even menus appear but there is no video whatsoever. Playing videos individually its any file with a .evo extension that won't play and I'm guessing thats the VC-1 encoded files.

Am I missing anything to get VC-1 playing correctly or have I just wasted $100+ on another failed attempt of simply getting something I paid for to work.

Thanks!

Your hardware isn't the problem. I'm using E6600s and X1950s under XP and Vista without problems, but I recommend that you use ATI's Catalyst Control Center 7.4 (not 7.3 or 7.5 because I've had major problems with them). I also recommend that you use the full PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 (aka 2911) version and not the patched version.

I need more details to help you better.

What OS are you using? What version of PowerDVD Ultra are you using? What version of AnyDVD HD are you using? What other software do you have installed? Does playback work with the King Kong that came with your XBOX 360 drive? Are you able to rip your movies using AnyDVD HD?

Please provide as much info as you can and I'll try to help.

Time for a new computer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You really, really need a core 2 duo of sorts and a good grahics card. A 3.0Ghz Pentium won't cut it.

OK, I supposed it, but why also if is not fluid I be able to see the ESOTIC ACQUARIUM and not any movies?
The format is however HD-DVD.
bye
Gianni

Back