• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

IMDB on AP: Person of Interest

JCH.H

Does anyone know why "Person of Interest" is free (with adverts) on IMDB/AP on my Apple TV, but on my Mac (and AS) it requires payment?

cheers.

it's always possible :cry:

If you are talking about seasons, on Windows and with Amz germany they want me to pay for it. Cannot speak for any apple device, I bought an old iPhone for testing purposes many month ago but it's somewhere in a box.

Oh wait a sec, I know someone with a iPad...
I wrote him and will see if he can take a look.

It's also free (with Adverts) on my iPad.

It's also free (with Adverts) on my iPad.
Ok, nevermind then.
What if you send the link from iPad to your mac, so it is exactly the same site?

Edit: What happens when you open it in Desktop Mode? (On Chrome Mobile there is a checkbox to open the site as a desktop site).

Ok, nevermind then.
What if you send the link from iPad to your mac, so it is exactly the same site?

Same link - but no longer "free with ads".

Edit: What happens when you open it in Desktop Mode? (On Chrome Mobile there is a checkbox to open the site as a desktop site).

I did the reverse, I opened it in iPad mode on my Mac (using Safari). No difference.

Edit: I opened the link from my iPad with* Safari browser on* my iPad (which is in desktop mode) and it immediately became pay-for. Perhaps it simply isn't "free with adverts" using any browser?

...other TV shows are fine (I just tried "Eureka" and "Leverage" as examples).

[*typos]

To close this out and for anyone that is interested...

I have been chatting with Amazon staff and it appears that some shows/films will not play from a browser. The Amazon guy recommended that I download/install their Amazon Prime Video app for Mac which they launched in Dec last year. I did that and it "Person of Interest" plays just fine (with adverts) using it.

I wonder if it* is their intention is to eventually only allow playback through their apps as an additional security measure to encryption?

edit: typo*

Last edited:
To close this out and for anyone that is interested...

I have been chatting with Amazon staff and it appears that some shows/films will not play from a browser. The Amazon guy recommended that I download/install their Amazon Prime Video app for Mac which they launched in Dec last year. I did that and it "Person of Interest" plays just fine (with adverts) using it.

I wonder if is their intention is to eventually only allow playback through their apps as an additional security measure to encryption?

Wow you called Amazon for help? That's like phoning into the Borg for cube support :p

Back