• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ Resolved for now] IMAX version

NetworkGuy

I know that Disney has started to release some movies in IMAX version.

Are there plans to download that version?

It is a known thing, but atm they are not available in AS.
Also, there is no official word if they will or not (if it has been said, I forgot it).

Sorry to ask dumb question. What us Imax version?. Is this high resolution movies ?

I know that Disney has started to release some movies in IMAX version.

Are there plans to download that version?
You cant watch IMAX at home, only IMAX Enhanced. You also need the proper equipment. ( Expensive equipment.)

This version is available on the web, for example, although I will not go into the source here, but I got it from the
CloneOppo and it's just a brilliant picture with almost no black bars (nearly full screen).
And it is also new to me that DD Plus7.1 without Core (Web) is used here.
However, to my regret, the TSMuxer can still do this with this audio track
start nothing. But that's irrelevant here.
This is for general information only and to indicate that it is actually from a provider somewhere at the moment
provided.

Attachments

• Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness 2022 IMAX UHD WEB 2160p HEVC DV HDR EAC3.7.1.txt
    13.1 KB · Views: 13
Posted by Darth Sidious
LG OLED55CX9LA OLED TV * 4K HDR Denon AVRX 2300 BKE2 7.2 (Dolby Atmos, dts X) * Magnat Boxensystem * M9205 mit RU Jailbreak * M 9702 Plus v3 mit RU Jailbreak * M 9702 Plus v2 mit RU Jailbreak * 2 x Icy Box IB-3810U3 * 2x100 TB (10x10TB 10 HDD´s) * 2x 4K HDR i7 HTPC * 4K HDR Monitor LG 32UD99W * Alienware 18
Without this TV it would have been useless.

Without this TV it would have been useless.
Regular TVs still benefit from the expanded IMAX versions of films available on streaming services. It isn't like these IMAX expanded presentations have any tremendous differences in their video format or utilise proprietary extensions, so no exotic or expensive equipment is required. They are even available from streaming platforms in both SDR and HDR, as well as 1080p and 2160p resolutions, so they really are well suited to older TVs. The main distinction, as noted by Darth Sidious, is the additional content which would otherwise be black bars. I've attached some screengrabs as a reference.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - Regular Presentation.pngDoctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - IMAX Presentation.png

I don't see any difference, but screenshots of a video are a worthless comparison.

Let's end this by saying someday we may enable it, if it's possible, it may not be possible. We have enough work in front of us before we get into iMAX.

I don't see any difference, but screenshots of a video are a worthless comparison.
The difference is not so much in the video quality but rather the additional visible content (although FWIW both frames I chose are I-frames). For example, the bicycle beneath the car is only visible in the IMAX version. Same with the top of the 'Pizzeria' sign and the neighbouring buildings. It isn't always an enormous difference, but I do find the expanded IMAX presentations to be a better viewing experience.

The difference is not so much in the video quality but rather the additional visible content (although FWIW both frames I chose are I-frames). For example, the bicycle beneath the car is only visible in the IMAX version. Same with the top of the 'Pizzeria' sign and the neighbouring buildings. It isn't always an enormous difference, but I do find the expanded IMAX presentations to be a better viewing experience.
I am glad you find a better experience. I said it's not a priority now, we will look into it if it can be done at all.

Well then you probably don't know, what to look for.
iMAX is not useless as you say, and the two pics posted, show huge difference.
Look at top and bottom of pic 2 (the lower one).
You can see a lamp, a bicycle, and his right hand... = iMAX...

Well then you probably don't know, what to look for.
iMAX is not useless as you say, and the two pics posted, show huge difference.
Look at top and bottom of pic 2 (the lower one).
You can see a lamp, a bicycle, and his right hand... = iMAX...
I said, maybe down the line, I don't even know if it's possible. I confer with the developers. We have enough to work for now. I am not ruling it out but I am not making any promises either. It's still not a priority. Getting 1080-p on everything is the priority now. Adding new providers for other countries and more content is a priority. IMAX may be down the line.

Last edited:
I said, maybe down the line, I don't even know if it's possible. I confer with the developers. We have enough to work for now. I am not ruling it out but I am not making any promises either. It's still not a priority. Getting 1080-p on everything is the priority now. Adding new providers for other countries and more content is a priority. IMAX may be down the line.
My post has nothing to do, with this being or not being added to Anystream.
Was to clarify, that iMax can be seen on any normal tv, no propper experience equipment needed, and what to look for.

From D+
What is IMAX’s expanded aspect ratio?
IMAX Enhanced content on Disney+ features an expanded aspect ratio of 1.90:1. This differs from most films where the picture appears wide but does not take up the full height of your screen.

IMAX’s expanded aspect ratio allows you to see up to 26% more of the original image and experience the full scale and scope of the picture from the comfort of your home or on the go. Some movies only have selected sequences filmed in IMAX’s expanded aspect ratio.
As ryley's screenshot 2 show there is more video in top and bottom of the screen (the 26%) So in short with IMAX Enhanced you get more of the video on your screen.

Issue seems to be resolved. I previously got the normal version of Doctor Strange 2 on D+, with AS 1.4 I got the Imax Version.
But can you now choose which one to download? If not, it is not fully resolved or maybe even was a coincidence.

Issue seems to be resolved. I previously got the normal version of Doctor Strange 2 on D+, with AS 1.4 I got the Imax Version.
The only thing I can see to dl on D+ is 1280x720 16:9 using AS 1.4. What leads you to think you got the the imax version?

Back