• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I'm a newbie having BD Language issues...

D

Dack Johnson

Hi first off just like to say, I'm new to the whole scene, just got myself a copy of AnyDVD HD for Easter with that great little coupon deal. Anyways I've been putting my HD and BD discs on my computer and so far so good until just a little while ago.

My BD discs Indipendence Day and I-Robot when I rip them to the hard drive seem to rip just fine but when I play back the large stream file that I usually drag to my folder and keep as the "just the movie" file it plays in the wrong language - that is it plays in French instead of English, in PowerDVD and same with Windows Media player. I've tried selecting different audio tracks on playback but I don't get English.

Any suggestions? What am I doing wrong?

I've tried changing the language settings on Vista restarting and still does it in French. I can get all the commentaries (in English) by selecting the other tracts but it continuously picks French as the main language to RIP, even when I force it to choose English it still rips it in French. Anyone have any ideas?
Please? They are Canadian discs which means French is on it, but not the main feature...

It appears as if all the audio tracks EXCEPT English are comming through in the rips. I can select from French, Spanish, some other unknowns as well as the commentaries (which come through in English). When selecting the English track there is NO audio.
I've been working on this for hours now and I'm sure it's something stupid, but can anyone help me figure out what it is?

I'm thinking this might have something to do with the disc's only having audio in English in DTS.
Has anyone else ripped these with success? All the others that I have ripped play in 5.1 none in DTS.

Hey, hey, don't know what I did that fixed the problem, but I think it must have been a codec issue. I re-installed Divx, FFdShow, and a few other codec's seems to work just fine now. Same files are now outputting in English.
Sorry for all the bother, glad I got it working...my bad :(

It's because the main audio is DTS. Powerdvd won't allow you to change audio tracks and only plays back DTS HD when it's decoding a full disc with menu's etc.

Roger that, thanks for the reply...I saw the button (H) to push for changing language and couldn't get it to work. Well that makes more sense.

I am having trouble too with ANYDVD ripping BluRay's it is only ripping the spainish and other languages than English. What did you do to fix this? It has happen to Resident Evil:Extintion, I am Legend, Waterhorse. Any ideas as to why this is happening? Anything would be helpful. Thanks!

The other languages are there as Anydvd doesn't remove them it only removes the encryption, but your playback software can't play back the HD audio tracks unless you play it back as a full disc, so it just plays back the first track it's able to decode. Try playing it back as a full disc rather than just the m2ts file

I've tried changing the language settings on Vista restarting and still does it in French. I can get all the commentaries (in English) by selecting the other tracts but it continuously picks French as the main language to RIP, even when I force it to choose English it still rips it in French. Anyone have any ideas?
Please? They are Canadian discs which means French is on it, but not the main feature...

this is for the other guy, too

the main english stream on a lot of blurays is DTS-HD or DTS-MA. (4Mbs +) in order to stream your backup on anything other that a bluray blank (or .iso) just find TSMUXER or TSREMUX and feed the main large stream into it. You can get rid of the languages you don't need and on the main track, you can extract and rebuild the core DTS track on the fly.

Back