• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Illegal

Canucker6

I have a odd question, so why isn't it illegal to buy these programs when they are used for backing up movies...just wondering. Also if I order from Canada, are they any extra charges that anyone is aware of, and shipping..

I have a odd question, so why isn't it illegal to buy these programs when they are used for backing up movies..

Backing up movies that you purchased, for personal non-commerical use, is not illegal in Canada at the moment.

Also if I order from Canada, are they any extra charges that anyone is aware of, and shipping..

No. Except the prices are in U.S. funds. You're just downloading the programs. So why would there be a shipping charge?

Last edited:
Backing up movies that you purchased is not illegal in Canada at the moment.

Really? Cool, I was never exactly clear on that. I love my weird, leftist little hippy country... even if it does have a crappy, conservative government at the moment, lol.

Really? Cool, I was never exactly clear on that. I love my weird, leftist little hippy country... even if it does have a crappy, conservative government at the moment, lol.

It's not illegal in Canada to circumvent a technological protection measure to access and use content for a personal backup--unless something similarly inane like Bill C-60 is tabled and passes.

Since it is not illegal in Canada to circumvent a technological protection measure to access and use content for a personal backup, the individual or business granting the licence can not turn around and sue successfully without breeching someone's right to make that backup--unless something akin to the inane measures outlined in Bill C-60 passes (and this doesn't just apply to the special music case of having to pay levies for blank media). As such, I cannot believe any Canadian court would bother listening to any company, business, individual or group whine about an individual backing up a product he or she bought for personal, non-commercial, non-distribution purposes--until something similar to the Liberal party's Bill C-60 passes.

If you're interested in doing something pro-active in Canada, visit http://www.onlinerights.ca/get_active/copyright_reform_action/

Slysoft, by the way, is physically located in Antigua, which is a DMCA free zone.

Last edited:
Sweet thanks for the info, for some reason when I was on the page I saw boxes, so I just assumed that they would be shipping stuff, and now my very last question is, what if I ever reformat my puter, can I still use the code that gets emailed to me....I am probably purchasing tomorrow :)

The things you actually use to register the software are downloadable registry keys. All you need to do is back up those key files to a CD, DVD, etc. and you'll be able to re-register the products after a reformat.

The things you actually use to register the software are downloadable registry keys. All you need to do is back up those key files to a CD, DVD, etc. and you'll be able to re-register the products after a reformat.
That and you can also do this if you buy them:clap:

Back