• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

If you haven't yet .... should you upgrade to 1.1.5.8?

HAMsmoke

By the time I wake up in the morning, the new beta is usually out and there are numerous comments. Obviously, when RedFox issue a new beta, the developers, I'm sure, feel that it should be used by all customers. I mean, you need people to actually beta test it. But how about now after a couple of days have passed. Do the moderators have a different opinion?

I am running 1.1.5.7, and other than not being able to download a thing from HBO Max, everything else is working just fine. Can anyone offer up a compelling reason why I (or others) should upgrade to 1.1.5.8 now? There is a certain expectation that 1.1.5.9 will be out soon - but last time I said that, it took a week longer than I thought it would.

With everything I've seen, nope. Some may have a different opinion, but I use the software because I need it to work. Sticking with a previous version that does. Will upgrade to a later version when I know it works.

Till now I only AS'ed stuff from NF, Amz will maybe come later this week (but I was able to login and load the page). So if you only use these two, it may be safe to upgrade.
If you have no big issue than there is no need to update right now and I think that v1.1.6.0 will be working better and I hope will finally contain the Pro licence so I can purchase it soon.

With Pro being coded and the issues being dealt with it take more time I guess

For me, 1.1.5.8 is a win over 1.1.5.7 because:
1.1.5.8 HBOmax login works without putting a lampshade on your head and dancing around the room.
1.1.5.8 HBOmax will let me download some things (less than 50%)
1.1.5.8 Context which seemed to be shared between Amazon and HBOmax is now nicely separate. I can go back and forth between them.

For me 1.1.5.8 works somewhat for HBOmax, while Amazon and Netflix seem to work fine. I would install it in preference to 1.1.5.7. YMMV.

Sorry, what is Pro exactly? We have to buy another license to continue using the software?
To keep it short it is an upgrade to your existing licence, think of Windows Home and Windows Pro. The same, but different.
The Pro version will cost around 50-60€ more, depending on if you upgrade or directly purchase a full new licence with pro included. The difference will be the providers you can use: In the stadard version there will be Amz, NF and D+ and all the others (HBO, Hulu and every new provider added in the feature) will only be available if you purchase said pro version.
Currently these provders are available without the need to upgrade to pro, but as you can read on the beta page they are only there because it is technically still beta support and they will be locked as soon as a stable version and AS Pro hit the ground.
Here is the Pro thread:
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anystream-pro-licensing-model.81649/unread

Back