• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

IF slysoft went out of business

It still works for now.Just wont be any updates for new blockers. Been a grate run and still backing up my movies and CD's. shame this happened, But we all know how the government works.If the fat cats in government don't get there cut . They make some kind of ruling to stop you from making money . And they wonder why we hate the Obomas rules.Be glad when hes gone.Just hope Hillary doesn't get the job.She is worse then he ever was.Just like the rulings there trying to make on our 2 ed amendment rights our for fathers put in for us. we will be just like Australia and only the bad guys had guns.They had to go back to the old rules and give every one back there guns.

Where can i find "the local database cache"?
Under most current Windows setups it should be:

C:\ProgramData\Slysoft\AnyDVD\Cache\"

ProgramData is a hidden system folder so you have to be able to view hidden items. With Win10 just select File Explorer's "View" tab and then check the "Hidden Items" checkbox.

Under most current Windows setups it should be:

C:\ProgramData\Slysoft\AnyDVD\Cache\"

ProgramData is a hidden system folder so you have to be able to view hidden items. With Win10 just select File Explorer's "View" tab and then check the "Hidden Items" checkbox.

You don't HAVE to enable viewing hidden files. You could just type the name of the folder into the address bar in explorer.

--
Brian G. (In the UK)

You don't HAVE to enable viewing hidden files. You could just type the name of the folder into the address bar in explorer.

--
Brian G. (In the UK)
True, but many people find it easier to view hidden items from a menu selection.

I happen to an aged keyboard warrior from ages gone by, so typing is what I normally do. Especially when I need a command prompt, just type "cmd" in the File Explorer address space.

Once you extract the movie the keys are useless. I guess this is more important for guys who want the whole disk. I'll be renting some new movies soon and will see if the database everyone is talking about is needed.

IF we went out of business (we won't), we would release an AnyDVD version, which won't require the online database, so all existing discs at this time would continue to work.

Should the source code ever become available, I promise to get this back up and running, with the same quality of work that SlySoft has been giving us for years.

I have a "C:\ProgramData\Slysoft\AnyDVD" folder, but no "cache" directory under it. Is that normal?

I have a "C:\ProgramData\Slysoft\AnyDVD" folder, but no "cache" directory under it. Is that normal?

AnyDVD will only cache a small percentage of discs, however I would think this folder should be present and have at least a few files (mine had 50+)
Unless this is a new OS install and you just haven't used a disc yet that AnyDVD would cache.

I don't buy a lot of Blu-rays, just mostly DVDs (but I have about 5,000 of those and have ripped them all). I don't have any with BD+ (or whatever it's called). Could that be why?

I don't buy a lot of Blu-rays, just mostly DVDs (but I have about 5,000 of those and have ripped them all). I don't have any with BD+ (or whatever it's called). Could that be why?

Yes, that will be why :)

Whew. Thanks! Been doing some "triage" the last couple of days to make sure I can't still rip all my discs. Like a lot of you, I do NOT pirate. I rip my movies for my convenience. I have several thousand DVDs and a few dozen Blu-ray. Personally, I find Blu-rays consumer hostile and only buy them when I can't get what I want on DVD (e.g., movie with original aspect ratio).

AnyDVD will only cache a small percentage of discs, however I would think this folder should be present and have at least a few files (mine had 50+)
Unless this is a new OS install and you just haven't used a disc yet that AnyDVD would cache.
I run AnyDVD on two machines, one that decrypted only DVDs (no BD drive) and the other decrypted both DVDs and BDs.

The "cache" folder is only present on the BD decrypting PC.

IF we went out of business (we won't), we would release an AnyDVD version, which won't require the online database, so all existing discs at this time would continue to work.
All right, I was stupid enough to make this promise 2 years ago. Unfortunately I am a guy who usually stands by his word, so I'll at least try to hold this promise.

That sounds awesome, perhaps a 'special' one could be made that contains the entire OPD in the installer. Granted it would be a big download but well worth it! :-D

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

All right, I was stupid enough to make this promise 2 years ago. Unfortunately I am a guy who usually stands by his word, so I'll at least try to hold this promise.
I love you man. ;)
Not stupid - but mission above all.
If you guys reconsider my offer, I have a reason more to be proud to work with you.

James, if you are able to achieve this, all I can say is: I am sure you would be a hero for many many people.

Speaking only for myself, my disks are far away from me, I need to book a flight to retrieve the affected ones but I am very busy and although I can see that the OPD is still working I am really living on borrowed time for potentially (I'm not sure how many will be post 2014 or whatever) many dozens if not 100's of BD's.

I always understood that there would be probably a cut-off one day, but I was really trusting and believing that "up to that point" I would be secure.

By the way, I do have great sadness for you and the others especially I guess "Slyfox 1" who have evidently been crushed by powers far above. Good luck, you have so much talent I am sure you're not short of offers.

Whew. Thanks! Been doing some "triage" the last couple of days to make sure I can't still rip all my discs. Like a lot of you, I do NOT pirate. I rip my movies for my convenience.
James, if you are able to achieve this, all I can say is: I am sure you would be a hero for many many people.

Speaking only for myself, my disks are far away from me, I need to book a flight to retrieve the affected ones but I am very busy and although I can see that the OPD is still working I am really living on borrowed time for potentially (I'm not sure how many will be post 2014 or whatever) many dozens if not 100's of BD's.

I always understood that there would be probably a cut-off one day, but I was really trusting and believing that "up to that point" I would be secure.

By the way, I do have great sadness for you and the others especially I guess "Slyfox 1" who have evidently been crushed by powers far above. Good luck, you have so much talent I am sure you're not short of offers.
On that light James, if you would wish to talk together 1:1, and not representing the team, feel free to get in touch.

I, for one, would ask you to do what is best for yourself and the Sly team, as you are able. Thank you again for your work over the years. For me, an end user, this is sad and inconvenient but hardly life changing ... even on the chance I/we don't find independent workarounds in time.

Back