• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

If just ripping i just need AnyDVD?

smazzurco

Ok i am putting a bunch of my DVDs on my ps3. I use a different program (autoGK) to go from Vob to .avi.

I can use AnyDVD to rip the files from DVD to VOB on my HDD. So i have no use for CloneDVD correct? CloneDVD says it rips DVDs to my HDD, but it seemed that AnyDVD did that as well.

basically if i am not going to "burn" dvds, then i am ok with just anyDVD correct?
Thanks, i am new to this video stuff

Ripping is not just ripping

AnyDVD will also remove the stuff you not only don't want but may make your life difficult with a non-source video envelope. Using the "rip video...." option in AnyDVD will do what you want. While CloneDVD2 can also do this, it will not remove the protections, etc. but requires AnyDVD in the background first.

so for me CloneDVD would be unnecesary.

Damn exchange rates makes anyDVD pretty price for us in the US...$70 yikes, lol.

Yes, that is all you need if you do not intend to create hard copies.

I can't comment much on the exchange rate other than to say it's a cause/effect thing, really. Maybe when bankers finally stop speculating with other people's lives and future it will go back to a realistic level.

Thanks again, last question.

I am upgrading my operating system in a week or two, if i buy a license now do i have any problems when i upgrade?

can you reinstall with the same license multiple times? A limitied number of times? Unlimited times but only one machine at a time?

May just wait till trial period is over and i upgrade to purchase, but would be better to get rid of that annoying nag screen now :)

No problem "moving"

Since the license is issued to you, not your machine, you can move from one to another without problem, including updating your operating system. And yes, the EULA allows one machine running the product at any one time.

Just back up the key file off the PC to a CD or USB stick.
Get setups you need anytime for free from the download page, install, reboot and double click the key file. That's all there is to it. 8)

Multiple Title Question

Say i want to make video files of my simpsons DVD.

With AnyDVD it just rips one titles, doesn't let me choose.

Would cloneDVD let me choose?

Whats the ideal software setup for going from a TV Series DVD to ps3 friendly video files?

Would cloneDVD let me choose?

Yes. Why not try the free trial?

Whats the ideal software setup for going from a TV Series DVD to ps3 friendly video files?

You can *try* Clonedvd mobile. Make sure you rip first using either Clonedvd or Anydvd ripper before using Clonedvd Mobile. I can't guarantee that Clonedvd Mobile will work for you.

Last edited:
There is a thread below this "multiple title problem" and it says "moved"...

where is it moved to?

Thanks

Back