• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

If I get a new MoBo, processor or replacment CPU, do I need to contact RedFox?

Jeff53404

I see under AnyDVDHD information that there is a machine ID.

If I get a new computer or change the guts of my present one, will this appear as new hardware to RedFox? I only have one license and I don't plan on getting an additional computer.

Thanks

Only the timed trial license is tied to the hardware. Purchased licenses are tied to the user, the same situation with SlySoft licenses.

Good to know. I was thinking about MS where their software needs to be authenticated when it detects a significant change such as a new mobo.

Over the year in my current system I've swapped burners, hard drives, other internal peripherals,... not once did I have to get windows relicensed.

I see under AnyDVDHD information that there is a machine ID.

If I get a new computer or change the guts of my present one, will this appear as new hardware to RedFox? I only have one license and I don't plan on getting an additional computer.

Thanks

I had the same question whether this worked like the old key or not, I see someone already asked it and it has already been answered thank you for the input

A purchased license is not bound to the hardware. It's bound to the owner.

I had the same question whether this worked like the old key or not, I see someone already asked it and it has already been answered thank you for the input
The old SlySoft timed trial system worked differently, no need for a trial key.

RedFox chose to do the trial system differently, using a free timed trial key tied to the hardware that requested the trial key.

At least that is what understand how the new trial system works. I have new RedFox licenses.

Purchased licenses are still tied to the user, RedFox or SlySoft.

the new trial system is bound to hardware, the old one isn't. However with the new system and the trial requiring online connection it does come with a major upgrade the old trial system didn't have. The new trial system enabled access to the OPD! The only trials couldn't connect to the opd.

Over the year in my current system I've swapped burners, hard drives, other internal peripherals,... not once did I have to get windows relicensed.
If you change motherboards, you will have to have Windows re-activated, unless it is an identical motherboard. Other hardware, no. Motherboard, yes. Has happened to me a few times.

True, but you might as well do a completely fresh install then to avoid possible driver issues, and that pretty much triggers within windows to activate again through the phone system. :-D

Back