• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

IDvdInfo2::GetDiscID - 64 Bit Vista

the main reason i personally disable AnyDVD is that PDVD will autostart after i reboot with a movie in the drive...

Still? I thought I fixed that problem. Remove the PDVDServ.exe from your computer's autostart, this should do the trick.

Not a programmer so please excuse if a stupid question...

Why is PDVD/TMT not on the list to get the proper ID?

Not a programmer so please excuse if a stupid question...

Why is PDVD/TMT not on the list to get the proper ID?

I may be mistaken, but I don't think PDVD/TMT are using the ID. Maybe PDVD8 for "MoovieLine", but I honestly don't know. Or do these players display title information without AnyDVD running?

I will show my ignorance and ask how do I tell? I mean I am not sure what information is in the ID and if some or all of it is available another way. So I am not sure how to check. I have The Dark Knight BD in my drive and PDVD shows the correct name for the disk in the source selection.

If it does use the disk ID and we added it to the list of processes to receive the proper ID would that make PDVD quit thinking all backups are the same. Maybe all backups are the same is not correct but it always asks if I want to resume even if I have never watched it. Just thinking out loud here as like I said I am not even sure exactly what we are talking about :)

I will show my ignorance and ask how do I tell? I mean I am not sure what information is in the ID and if some or all of it is available another way. So I am not sure how to check. I have The Dark Knight BD in my drive and PDVD shows the correct name for the disk in the source selection.

If it does use the disk ID and we added it to the list of processes to receive the proper ID would that make PDVD quit thinking all backups are the same. Maybe all backups are the same is not correct but it always asks if I want to resume even if I have never watched it. Just thinking out loud here as like I said I am not even sure exactly what we are talking about :)

Feel free to try it. But I am fairly sure PowerDVD/TMT/WinDVD don't use the IDvdInfo2::GetDiscID API. Windows Media Player, Windows MCE, Vista Media Center, DVD Profiler, MyMovies do (they are all in the list).

I have a question for you James. Why does AnyDVD still bother with the registry entries? I mean, why would any process out there want to read an invalid discId? Couldnt AnyDVD just allow all processes access to the correct DiscID instead of only specific ones?

Feel free to try it. But I am fairly sure PowerDVD/TMT/WinDVD don't use the IDvdInfo2::GetDiscID API. Windows Media Player, Windows MCE, Vista Media Center, DVD Profiler, MyMovies do (they are all in the list).

Can this also be done with applications that don't use IDvDInfo2? I have an application that uses AMG code to generate a unique disc ID. With AnyDVD running some discs return a different ID than when AnyDVD is disabled or not running.

I've tried adding the application/process name to the registry but it doesn't change the results. So I'm assuming that disabling AnyDVD temporarily is the only solution.

Last edited:
Can this also be done with applications that don't use IDvDInfo2? I have an application that uses AMG code to generate a unique disc ID. With AnyDVD running some discs return a different ID than when AnyDVD is disabled or not running.

I've tried adding the application/process name to the registry but it doesn't change the results. So I'm assuming that disabling AnyDVD temporarily is the only solution.

It turns out that I still had my code in to disable AnyDVD before making the call to identify the disc. :bang:
So are there any other options available for applications that don't use IDvDInfo2?

Just to clarify, I still need to disable AnyDVD before trying to ID the disc and have noticed that it doesn't always work. I would prefer not to have to disable and re-enable it if I don't have to. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:
I'm also having problems with the white-list.

I've got a service which is running under the local system account. Running on my local machine, with AnyDVD installed and my service registered on the white-list it appears to get the correct DVD IDs. But when I run the service on a second machine where I have also registered the process in almost exactly the same way (see below for the only difference), it fails to return the correct IDs.

My local machine is 64-bit and I have the process registered under ADvdDiscHlpProcesses and ADvdDiscHlpProcesses64 (just to be sure ;)) and the other machine is 32-bit so only the ADvdDiscHlpProcesses key exists.

I'm also intruiged at the problems with the initial black-list... surely all processes would only potentially benefit from having the correct DVDID?

So are there any other options available for applications that don't use IDvDInfo2?
I'm running into the same issue. I had thought that the whitelist would let a program see the unmodified disc, but apparently not. I guess it just makes IDvDInfo2 return the right result.

This breaks both (certain) disc ID calculations and DVD-Audio decryption. For now I have to disable AnyDVD on the drive.

Could somebody Slysoft answer craigo's question? Are there any other options to let individual processes see the unmodified disc, or do we just have to disable AnyDVD?

I'm running into the same issue. I had thought that the whitelist would let a program see the unmodified disc, but apparently not. I guess it just makes IDvDInfo2 return the right result.
Correct.

This breaks both (certain) disc ID calculations and DVD-Audio decryption.
I would be happy to add the disc ID calculations into AnyDVD and provide an API for others to access them.
DVD-Audio is a problem, true.

Are there any other options to let individual processes see the unmodified disc
No. How could this be possible? AnyDVD is a driver, a part of the OS. It operates system wide.

No. How could this be possible? AnyDVD is a driver, a part of the OS. It operates system wide.
I thought the same magic that allowed AnyDVD to treat processes in ADvdDiscHlpProcesses differently might also allow AnyDVD to provide certain processes access to the unmodified disc.

But maybe that magic isn't part of the driver. I can imagine that drivers might not be allowed to play favorites like that.

Thank you for confirming that I wasn't missing something obvious.

I thought the same magic that allowed AnyDVD to treat processes in ADvdDiscHlpProcesses differently might also allow AnyDVD to provide certain processes access to the unmodified disc.
The magic works as follows:
If a disc is inserted - before it is made visible to the OS - AnyDVD calculates the disc hash. The original OS function can't be used - because for the OS the disc is not present at this time.
All whitelisted processes will be hooked, so if they use IDvdInfo2::GetDiscID interface, they in fact call a function in an AnyDVD helper dll instead - receiving the correct ID.

Unfortunately this will only work with Video DVDs, as IDvdInfo2::GetDiscID doesn't work with anything else.

For example, I have no idea what method programs like DVDprofiler use. DVDprofiler is interesting, as the hash doesn't seem to change for HD DVD and Blu-ray discs, regardless if AnyDVD is active or not.

Back