• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I'd like to think that BD+ is getting closer to being obliterated....

It took SlySoft almost a year to implement the Decryption Oracle (online key retrieval).
How do you know this? That would imply they had been working on it since last year and where did you get that info? It seems to me they only came up with the online key retrieval after the key change in September and they implemented it fairly quickly.

How do you know this? That would imply they had been working on it since last year and where did you get that info? It seems to me they only came up with the online key retrieval after the key change in September and they implemented it fairly quickly.

And when those get rejected or if they do they'll release their newest way to continue marching on. Why for the rush on this is beyond me almost seems like you are or are working for the movie studios with all your replies here. There is an old saying if it ain't broke don't fix it!

And when those get rejected or if they do they'll release their newest way to continue marching on. Why for the rush on this is beyond me almost seems like you are or are working for the movie studios with all your replies here. There is an old saying if it ain't broke don't fix it!
I don't understand any part of this. What isn't broken? There is no BD+ crack so that one can't be broken or fixed and nobody here is asking Slysoft to improve the way it handles aacs so that doesn't need to be fixed either. So what are you talking about ?

Is Arcsoft's upcoming player software going to affect things?

Is Arcsoft's upcoming player software going to affect things?

Hopefully it will do three things.
  1. Give SlySoft another source to reverse engineer code from.
  2. Put downward pressure on the PowerDVD price.
  3. Create feature competition. ArcSoft has to compete on features, because they are at the same price point of a proven product. If ArcSoft implements "Play from HDD", that will give PowerDVD some motivation to put it back.

Last edited:
...Create feature competition.
ArcSoft doesn't downsample audio of non-protected discs (aka HD DVD after AnyDVD)
How do you know this? That would imply they had been working on it since last year and where did you get that info?
That's not what I meant.
SlySoft implemented DE after they knew it can't be easily defeated (lots of device keys).
They most probably will take the same approach with BD+...

Diogen.

I think Arcsoft is going to kick butt. And I think a lot of people know this, including Azuntech, Slysoft, and some other companies involved wiht this entire hd htpc thing.

I think Arcsoft is going to kick butt. And I think a lot of people know this, including Azuntech, Slysoft, and some other companies involved wiht this entire hd htpc thing.

I for one can't wait until the english version is available. I'd LOVE to dump PowerDVD.

the latest arcsoft Japanese trial version does play back from the hdd. However, it does not seem to offload any of the processing to my ati 2600xt video card. this creates issues with most of the vc1 movies and even some of the avc higher bitrate movies. my cpu is an e6600 and I use a dual boot xp/vista system. pdvd does offload the processing and with anydvd and pdvd 3104 plays all of my movies (both disc and hdd folders) without any issue. even though my entire path is hdcp compliant, anydvd is still necessary when trying to play from hdd because of the new pdvd restrictions.
brgds,
jp

Back