• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I screwed up...

Ray Gardner

I recently made an online purchase of Recess:Schools Out, for a Christmas Gift. Unfortunately I ended up with a PAL formatted disk, regionally formatted for #2 (I think this is for anywhere BUT the United States). I opened it and can't return it. The vendor has been very difficult and I almost think this was a standard business practice for them. Ok, enought venting...

Am I able to make a backup of the disk that will play in our US players? I own the entire SlySoft Stable, DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink 3.2, and Nero Start Smart.

Any help for this illiterate soul is greatly appreciated.
Ray

Am I able to make a backup of the disk that will play in our US players?
Ray

This isn't very useful, but Clonedvd2 won't help you with this problem. Consequently, I don't think this Clonedvd2 forum will help you since Clonedvd2 will not convert Pal to NTSC.

Maybe someone in the General Chat section will offer some ideas. I'll move this thread there.

Last edited:
It will back it up but not convert it to ntsc. Might look into a cheap PAL and NTSC player I hear they are cheap.

I've read posts, where folks have said that Nero Vision Express will convert PAL to NTSC, but I've never tried it. Do a Google search..........
Good luck!

Hi
There is a solution for your problem.
Go at this adress : http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/
and try convert X to DVD.
It make the conversion from PAL to NTSC

It's working fine, I have tried it myself many time.

Also, an other solution, is a DVD player that I have found at Walmart : http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4910374, and play PAL format. You have to make a copy of your movie first with CLONE DVD + ANY DVD to remove the zone on the DVD then you can play it. I have tried this this week end and it work ...

Last edited:
Hi Ray,
I posted the Nero method of converting a PAL to NTSC. This will only work for the main movie. You will loose all the extras including alternate languages and subtitles. This is a bit time consuming since the conversion calls for complete rendering, just like if you were making your own DVD.
You will need Nero Ultra v6 or v7.
If you can get that software let me know and I'll send you a tutorial. You might be able to upgrade your Nero Start Smart OEM on line and save $20 or so. Worth looking.
If your PC or laptop has a TV Out jack, you can also play on the computer while recording on a DVR. Once again, you'll probably only get the main movie.
Let me know if I can help.
Brad

Yep Nero Vision will do it - you'll get a pop up in the last screen saying something like 'mostly in PAL format would you like to keep this format'. Click no and it will convert to NTSC.

Or there's vobblanker - free
http://jsoto.posunplugged.com/vobblanker.htm

Create a backup folder - open the dvd in vobblanker picking the ifo file under 'input video manager'. Select the folder you created to place the processed files under 'output folder'

Right click on each file under title set, pick video attribute and change the standard to NTSC.
Then click process. Takes about 5-10 mins. Burn that processed folder.
Faster than Nero & ConvertX and this method will work for most dvd players.

But like b1030 these ways only work for main movie.

Back