• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I Need Some Insight To A Recent Problem

pocketaces

I have backed up movies for years with nary an issue using Verbatim media.However, I have recently begun to get movies that about an hour in begin to stick,pause, etc.I thought it initially to be bad media but I have had good back ups mixed in.Is there a way to tell if it is my optical drive as opposed to the media?I have used one disc of a new pack I bought but have not had the chance to check it out yet.Any insight is greatly appreciated.

since anydvd doesn't burn, that's not an anydvd problem and this thread is in the wrong section. That being said which drive are you using, what does IMGBurn report as the media code for those "verbatim's". Yes there are fakes arround. "hanging" like that though is usually either of the following.

Burning too fast, dead/dying drive, or both

I have backed up movies for years with nary an issue using Verbatim media.However, I have recently begun to get movies that about an hour in begin to stick,pause, etc.I thought it initially to be bad media but I have had good back ups mixed in.Is there a way to tell if it is my optical drive as opposed to the media?I have used one disc of a new pack I bought but have not had the chance to check it out yet.Any insight is greatly appreciated.

It can be the drive OR the media - try slowing down the burn rate.
If the new disks of a different brand are failing in the same place - you know it's the drive.
Drive are cheap. :)
-W

1. Bad or border-line media.
  2. Burning at too high a rate.
  3. Problematic burner.
  4. Both a media issue and drive issue.

Offhand it sounds like the problem might be occurring at the layer-break.

Back