• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I Need Help! Can't Get A Copy That Won't Freeze!

jhglaze

Any Dvd Problem ----- Please help me out!!!!

I Was wondering if any one else has had this problem.... I am using any dvd in conjunction with 1clickdvdcopy and all of a sudden every dvd freezes when you are watching it in the last 5-10 minutes of tyhe movie.... I didn't hAVE THIS PROBLEM IN THE BEGINNING... I have tried copying with my laptop (New Acer) and my Main computer and have the same problem, I have even tried to view on three different dvd players in case it was the player... I have tried different dvd brands as well. At this time I can't get a good dvd copy.. Can anyone help???

Jim Glaze

Last edited:
I Was wondering if any one else has had this problem.... I am using any dvd in conjunction with 1clickdvdcopy and all of a sudden every dvd freezes when you are watching it in the last 5-10 minutes of the movie.... I didn't hAVE THIS PROBLEM IN THE BEGINNING... I have tried copying with my laptop (New Acer) and my Main computer and have the same problem, I have even tried to view on three different dvd players in case it was the player... I have tried different dvd brands as well. At this time I can't get a good dvd copy.. Can anyone help???

Jim Glaze

Sounds like a cheap media issue...you say you've used different brands, but don't name them. I would suggest Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden, they seem to yeild the highest compatability rate among standalone players and are also of high quality.

Agreed. I had similar issues when used cheap media. Now I'm using TDK CD/DVD media and did not create a single coaster over a two years. You will also notice with cheap media that, after a year or two those disks you were able to read immediately after burning, are now freezing all over the place. Avoid cheap media...

freezing......

i use dvd decrypter to burn the movies and dvd shrink to shrink the movies..... i have not had a problem with them yet.... if you have any questions e-mail me at cooolzone@yahoo.com

I've had that problem with the NAME BRANDS, such as Memorex AND TDK. I TRY and buy the off brands, I've had better results. I'm using a brand named Playo right now and no problems, less pricey too. But I guess it's just personal preference.

DVD Copy Problem

I have had the same problem in the past. I use DVD Shrink in conjuction with Any DVD. (You said you have used different brands of blank DVD Disk's?) When I had the same problem, and the problem went away by simply updating Any DVD and changing the brand of blank disk I use.

Hey Jim....I had that problem too.
Solution 1 was that some players will play both Plus R and Minus R blanks, but some wont.It may be that you're using the wrong type.
Solution 2 is Get yourself Clone DVD 2...it's the best burning software as far as I'm concerned.
Good luck...hope this helped.

hi. i tried using Memorex in the beginning but could not burn to them. changed to Sony and have not had any problems since.

Jhglaze -

Usually the problem you are describing is caused by the use of poor quality blank DVD Media, old out of date obsolete DVD Burner Firmware and/or a combination of both.

Use known proven quality blank DVD Media that produces error free results (Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden) and ensure that your DVD Burner has the newest most current up to date Firmware available installed.

Coaster

I Was wondering if any one else has had this problem.... I am using any dvd in conjunction with 1clickdvdcopy and all of a sudden every dvd freezes when you are watching it in the last 5-10 minutes of the movie.... I didn't hAVE THIS PROBLEM IN THE BEGINNING... I have tried copying with my laptop (New Acer) and my Main computer and have the same problem, I have even tried to view on three different dvd players in case it was the player... I have tried different dvd brands as well. At this time I can't get a good dvd copy.. Can anyone help???

Jim Glaze
Did you try copying at a slower speed. I do not think this a problem with AnyDVD or else we would have more posts about this behavior. Are you also using the newest Version of CloneDVD2? Check and get back to me.

Freezing Issue

I too had this problem in the beginning and it was the media. I have found that Ridata media works the best for me, but have also used generic media from Office Depot and Staples, Memorex works well also. I am using a LiteOn 16x drive but I do all my burning at 8x.

I have used several media and find the "bargain media" to be less then satisfactory especially the of brand and including Memorex

I only use TDK, Sony and Verbetum and found by using these brands os media my coaster rate is below 1%

But what really aided is a new burner I now exclusively use Sony's 820U 16X CD/DVDDL+/- external model USB which outperforms HP's 16X IDEE CD/DVD DL

The Sony unit was around $100 at Wal-Mart well worth the cost of new equipment

CD/DVD Drives have a finite life span and should be upgraded every other year or so depending on use I have in excess of 700 back-up copies with no skips or freezing

The only proplem of late were defective Store Bought disks these we have no control over

I've had that problem with the NAME BRANDS, such as Memorex AND TDK. I TRY and buy the off brands, I've had better results. I'm using a brand named Playo right now and no problems, less pricey too. But I guess it's just personal preference.
Probably a drive issue if it is not the media. Maybe see if there is a new firmware patch for the drive?

I am having problem when copying DVDs

I was using AnyDVD and 1clicj DVD to copy DVD movies, and the the movie playsok until we gewt to the last 15-20 minutes of the DVD and Freezes up... It will start and stop but eventually just freezes.. and i never get to the end of the movies happens most every time... Once in a while one will unfreeze long enough to complete, but not often...

I then purchases cloneDVD and use it and ANTDVD, but the SAME THING HAPPENS..... tried different computers, and still does it... I now have 5 dvd recorders AND they ALL do it....

Tried different dvds, but there are so many out there...

Does anyone have an idea????

2Nd Thing... Is there a way to copy VHS tapes over to a DVD, I have tons of them and want to movew them to DVDs

Jim Glaze

@ jhglaze,

Prior to making a Forum posting requesting assistance with your problem review the Forum stickys superficially the AnyDVD Forum sticky titled “Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)” and note item #9 “Why are my backups freezing, skipping, or showing a blocky pixilated mess during playback?” (http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3635) and note all detailed information contained in that item.

It should be noted that this is the third different SlySoft Forum posting you have made concerning your “Freezing” problem and you have disregarded all pertinent information other Forum Members have provided to you.

Regards
Coaster

Back