• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I keep getting errors "writedvd 10 11 w2"

BadCoyote

Foe the last two weeks I keep getting this error when recording. I have the latest CloneDVD 2.9.1.5 and AnyDVD 6.3.1.5. I haven't changed any software or hardware on the PC. The DVD player and writer are working fine. I am posting the log file as requested.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_THE_BRAVE_ONE.zip
    79.9 KB · Views: 7
Cdralw2k (system32\drivers\Cdralw2k.sys), Version: 8.0.0.212 (8.0.0.212)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Product: Drag-to-Disc
Copyright: Copyright (c) 1994-2005 Sonic Solutions
Description: CDRAL Place Holder Driver (see PxHelp)
FileVersion: 8.0.0.212
ProductVersion: 8.0.0.212

pwd_2k (system32\drivers\pwd_2k.sys), Version: 7.1.0.95 (7.1.0.95)
Company: Roxio
Copyright: Copyright (c) 1994-2004 Roxio, Inc.
Description: Win2000 Framework for Packet Write Driver
FileVersion: 7.1.0.95
ProductVersion: 7.1.0.95

Cdr4_xp (system32\drivers\Cdr4_xp.sys), Version: 8.0.0.212 (8.0.0.212)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Copyright: Copyright (c) 1994-2005 Sonic Solutions
Description: CDR4 CD and DVD Place Holder Driver (see PxHelp)
FileVersion: 8.0.0.212
ProductVersion: 8.0.0.212

You have some packet writing junk on your system that needs to be removed.
Roxio/Sonic's Drag-to-disc should definitely be uninstalled. Packet writing software interferes with a lot of other software, not just Slysoft's If you need drag-and-drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead (with a FAT file format), which is more stable.

1. i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "Cdralw2k". Click "Remove Selected Filter. select "CDR4_XP". Click "remove selected filter". Select "pwd_2k ". Click "remove selected filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind the programs that installed those filters may no longer function properly.

2) Check to see if there's an updated firmware version for your burner and your reader: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

3 ) What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

4) At what speed are you burning your blank media?

5) Click this and read FULLY

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply,
I updated the plextors firmware and it still didn't work. I will try removing Roxio and those files you said but I have had Roxio on the PC for years and never had a problem.
I am using the same discs I have always used. Verbatim DVD+R 16X
I have tried different speeds down to 4X and still no luck.
Will removing those Sonic files work? As I said I have had no problems in the past and this started since I downloaded DVDClone 2.9.1.5

I have tried different speeds down to 4X and still no luck.

12x or 8x should be fine

Will removing those Sonic files work?

You should definitely do step 1 to get rid of that garbage.

Do you notice any amber lights flashing on your Plextor? What model are you using?

I haven't removed the files (Sonic) yet but I will today. I downloaded the DVD clone again(2.9.1.5) and installed it. I was able to copy "the brave one" and "Gone baby gone" but not Saw 4. I used various speeds and the same Verbatim disc. I am not quite sure whats happening because these two movies copied OK. Could I possibly have something wrong with the PLextor 716A DVD recorder? The Plextor lights seem ok. Green when a dics is in and amber when recording. I will remove the files but I guess I would still like to know why it started working. Thanks for the replys by the way.

but not Saw 4.

Was it the same error message or a different one? If it was a different error message please provide the full error message?

I am not quite sure whats happening because these two movies copied OK.

I see three possibilities: 1) The Drag-to-disc packet writing junk is causing conflicts, 2) Your burner is slowly dying, or 3) You are coming across a few bad blanks

I listed the possibilities in the likeliest order of what's causing the problem.

but I guess I would still like to know why it started working

Well, Saw 4 contains structural protection, and it wouldn't surprise me if the Drag to Disc junk were causing issues while reading and writing for that particular disc. Also if the burner is slowly dying then it makes sense that the drive works only occasionally (and probably less and less with use).

When I asked about amber flashing lights--I didn't mean while burning; I meant when you were getting error messages. click http://plextor.com/english/support/plexhelper/atapi/blink716A-SAandUF.htm, and pay close attention to your burner when you receive error messages. If you notice amber flashing lights, that's bad news.

Last edited:
The error message for Saw 4 was the same as all of them writedvd 10 11 w2

I downloaded the ImageBurn and removed the files. Simple enough. The software looks very interesting and friendly. I will have to do some playing with it to get used it. Any pointers? Do's and don'ts?

I also went out and purchased another DVD rw DL. Now Saw 4 copied OK and so far I haven't had any problems. I will try copying some more in the next few days and I will let you know how I make out. I am staying with the same discs Verbatim and am leaving the speed at max. They seem to be working.

Thanks for the help and I will keep you posted on the copying.

I downloaded the ImageBurn and removed the files. Simple enough. The software looks very interesting and friendly. I will have to do some playing with it to get used it. Any pointers? Do's and don'ts?

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 to see where I recommend using it

I also went out and purchased another DVD rw DL.

You bought another burner?

I am staying with the same discs Verbatim and am leaving the speed at max.

Don't. Use a 12x or 8x burn speed

I just wanted to let you know everything is back to normal. The new burner is what I think finally fixed the issues I was having,

I have been using the ImageBurn software and have been very happy with it. Thanks for letting me know about it.

Also,thanks for the quick replys and fast help, I really appreciate all that you have done.

I just wanted to let you know everything is back to normal. The new burner is what I think finally fixed the issues I was having,

I have been using the ImageBurn software and have been very happy with it. Thanks for letting me know about it.

Also,thanks for the quick replys and fast help, I really appreciate all that you have done.

You're very welcome! Take care

Same problem here!

Replaced NEC DVD_RW ND-3520A 1.04 04112400
with
ATAPI DVD ADH20A4P 9P57 2007/11/23 17:02
LITE ON DH-20A4P-04 20x all-write DVDrw drive

Burned good today!

Thanks!

Back