• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I Had Cinavia problem so I Downgraded firmware for my Sony BDP-S580 FIXED!

nick64

I have a Sony BDP-S580 that would stop the AUDIO on my backup BD discs. Found a real early firmware update from 2011 and downgraded the firmware, NO MORE CINAVIA problems. I also shut off the update notifications, and my wireless network connection to the player. :rock:

I have a Sony BDP-S580 that would stop the AUDIO on my backup BD discs. Found a real early firmware update from 2011 and downgraded the firmware, NO MORE CINAVIA problems. I also shut off the update notifications, and my wireless network connection to the player. :rock:

That great, but unfortunately the hardware part of Cinavia is still inside the Sony BDP-S580. I have never had the internet connected to my Sony Blu-ray players for automatic firmware updates, have always done manual firmware updates. Wireless or hardwired internet connection.

I would make a back-up copy of that 2011 firmware version and store on a CD-R disk. Just in case you find some other Sony BDP-S580 available. The previous Sony version BDP-S560 does not have the hardware part of Cinavia installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the 2011 firmware M07R0213 saved in a file. When I first put it on, the notification came up that there was an update available for it, so I shut the internet part off. I found a site that had a Easy Downgrade app that worked great. I really liked the player and didn't want to have to buy another one. If you know of anyone that needs the firmware I will share it. :agree:

I have the 2011 firmware M07R0213 saved in a file. When I first put it on, the notification came up that there was an update available for it, so I shut the internet part off. I found a site that had a Easy Downgrade app that worked great. I really liked the player and didn't want to have to buy another one. If you know of anyone that needs the firmware I will share it. :agree:

Are you willing to share the site/location that had a Easy Downgrade app software program?

Sony Easy Downgrade

Are you willing to share the site/location that had a Easy Downgrade app software program?

This downgrade has worked on my BDP-S580 and my granddaughters BDP-BX58 which is the same machine only the BDP-BX58 was sold at Costco.

Downgrade software is here.

http://www.malcolmstagg.com/bdp-s390-downgrade.html

I just updated to M07R0600 with no Cinavia. This was the last Sony update without Cinavia. You can download the firmware from here

http://www.mmnt.net/db/0/0/ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/HAV/BDP/FW/

I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR DVD PLAYER! IT WORKED FOR ME BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU WON'T BRICK YOURS. I WAS WILLING TO TAKE THE CHANCE TO GET RID OF CINAVIA AND IT WORKED. I bought a BDP-BX58 for my Granddaughter AND IT WORKED ALSO.:rock:

This downgrade has worked on my BDP-S580 and my granddaughters BDP-BX58 which is the same machine only the BDP-BX58 was sold at Costco.

Downgrade software is here.

http://www.malcolmstagg.com/bdp-s390-downgrade.html

I just updated to M07R0600 with no Cinavia. This was the last Sony update without Cinavia. You can download the firmware from here

http://www.mmnt.net/db/0/0/ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/HAV/BDP/FW/

I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR DVD PLAYER! IT WORKED FOR ME BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU WON'T BRICK YOURS. I WAS WILLING TO TAKE THE CHANCE TO GET RID OF CINAVIA AND IT WORKED. I bought a BDP-BX58 for my Granddaughter AND IT WORKED ALSO.:rock:

Thanks Nick64, but I was thinking your downgrade firmware software program was a universal software program for all standalone Blu-ray players.

I have three BDP-S-270 and one BDP-S-560 and a stockpile of at least five issues back on each of the firmware updates from the Sony website when they first came out on a CD-R disk.

But even with the latest firmware updates from the Sony website these players are too old and do not have the internal hardware to support Cinavia.

P.S.
If the Sony BDP-S-580 and the BDP-BX58 are still available anywhere, would be a good idea to stockpile them and use your software program to keep Cinavia inactive.

Hello. I am glad you found your solution. I have Samsung BD-J7500 bluray player. No updates but still closes audio... (2015 model)

Do you have any thoughts about it?

I got rid of my Blue ray player. Downgraded to Up converter Sony player. No more problem!! Cinavia been in players at least 2008 I was told.

You were told wrong. Cinavia didn't become mandatory in players until Feb 1st, 2012. The protection wasn't finalised until late 2011.

The PS3 began began detecting Cinavia with the release of the 3.10 firmware which was released in 2009. That said, the PS3 is not a true standalone hardware player. It's more of a hybrid hardware/software player. Gaming consoles are essentially a custom designed small configuration computer aimed at gaming with bells and whistles.

Having said the above, some manufacturers did include what would be required to detect/enforce Cinvavia in standalone players released before the mandatory enforcement date but it was not widespread across the industry and the statement concerning 2008 sounds more like a matter of confusion relating the PS3 and extrapolating it to mean all players.

To experiment with Cinavia defeating, I purchased a used Sony BDP S580 standalone player from a seller on eBay for $35.00. Free shipping, and a remote, what a deal. (the remote even had good batteries in it)
I have a player of the same model installed in my home theater system.
I played my BD copy of the "Peanuts Movie" on the used player, and yes, the Cinavia disease warning appeared, as it does on my HTPC player.
Checked the F/W level in the used player, and it was set at M07 R0 624, as was the F/W level of my home player.
Some research into the sites described earlier in this thread, led to a list of Sony F/W files with the earliest in my series being M07 R0 600.
I used the "Easy Downgrade" utility also described earlier in this thread, along with XXX 600 F/W, following the instructions exactly, and was able to downgrade the used player F/W to 600 without bricking the device.
Played the "Peanuts Movie" again, and the downgraded F/W was able to ignore the Cinavia disease completely.
I played three more of my discs that would trigger the warning on the S/A player, and they passed the test also.
I downgraded my HTPC player after this test, and was successful, obtaining the same results.
My personal triumph in defeating my personal Cinavia problem, is due to the efforts of the forum member Nick64, and the man who wrote the utility, Malcolm Stagg.
Thank you both.
I have since obtained 3 more of the same model S/A player, modified them, and distributed them to my adult children and grandkids so they may enjoy the fruits of my hobby.
They were struggling along with Sony PS-3 devices which are all Cinavia infected.
Thanks again.
Art.

To experiment with Cinavia defeating, I purchased a used Sony BDP S580 standalone player from a seller on eBay for $35.00. Free shipping, and a remote, what a deal. (the remote even had good batteries in it)
I have a player of the same model installed in my home theater system.
I played my BD copy of the "Peanuts Movie" on the used player, and yes, the Cinavia disease warning appeared, as it does on my HTPC player.
Checked the F/W level in the used player, and it was set at M07 R0 624, as was the F/W level of my home player.
Some research into the sites described earlier in this thread, led to a list of Sony F/W files with the earliest in my series being M07 R0 600.
I used the "Easy Downgrade" utility also described earlier in this thread, along with XXX 600 F/W, following the instructions exactly, and was able to downgrade the used player F/W to 600 without bricking the device.
Played the "Peanuts Movie" again, and the downgraded F/W was able to ignore the Cinavia disease completely.
I played three more of my discs that would trigger the warning on the S/A player, and they passed the test also.
I downgraded my HTPC player after this test, and was successful, obtaining the same results.
My personal triumph in defeating my personal Cinavia problem, is due to the efforts of the forum member Nick64, and the man who wrote the utility, Malcolm Stagg.
Thank you both.
I have since obtained 3 more of the same model S/A player, modified them, and distributed them to my adult children and grandkids so they may enjoy the fruits of my hobby.
They were struggling along with Sony PS-3 devices which are all Cinavia infected.
Thanks again.
Art.

Does anyone know what the Cinavia-free firmware version of the Sony BDP S590 is? I want to try the same thing.

Thanks.

First, I assume that you have a player of that type, or are planning on purchasing a player to play your discs. As to the answer to your question, equipment manufacturers make upgrades/improvements to their products as they become available. Also some manufacturers, like Sony put hardware improvements into their system before they became law. If both these conditions are met, then after Cinavia enforcement became law they could add Cinavia to the player through an upgrade. Conversely by downgrading the player with an earlier version of the operating system you could get the player to ignore the imbedded hardware.

First, I assume that you have a player of that type, or are planning on purchasing a player to play your discs. As to the answer to your question, equipment manufacturers make upgrades/improvements to their products as they become available. Also some manufacturers, like Sony put hardware improvements into their system before they became law. If both these conditions are met, then after Cinavia enforcement became law they could add Cinavia to the player through an upgrade. Conversely by downgrading the player with an earlier version of the operating system you could get the player to ignore the imbedded hardware.

I already have that player. I want to downgrade so the player ignores Cinavia. After some digging around, on Sony's website, the support article for the latest update (M12.R.0510 from 12/18/14) says "Note: This update includes Cinavia™ content protection technology. Information about Cinavia technology is provided at the Cinavia Online Consumer Information Center at: http://www.cinavia.com."

I assume any version before that would not have Cinavia? The last firmware before this one was M12.R.0497.

I am trying to find the earliest version possible, but I'm not sure which firmware number it is for the S590. The person who tried it in this thread had an S580, and did not say how they figured out which firmware was correct. Obviously, installing the wrong firmware could brick the player, so I want to make sure.

Thanks.

He said he used version 600, think he was looking for 650 or previous like the 600. I don't think you will find a non-Cinavia version of firmware there but old be wrong. Checking other sites with Google might help, he never said where or how he got it, but was probably as simple as that.

He said he used version 600, think he was looking for 650 or previous like the 600. I don't think you will find a non-Cinavia version of firmware there but old be wrong. Checking other sites with Google might help, he never said where or how he got it, but was probably as simple as that.

I'm just looking for the oldest firmware for that player at this point.

I think he may have figured out the version from here: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18392231

It says for the S580, avoid any version above 0615. For my S590, it simply says to avoid updates released after 3/26/12, but there is no hint as to what the F/W version number is.

UPDATE: According to this thread (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-b...-official-sony-bdp-s590-bdp-390-thread-3.html) M12.R.0211 was the first update to add Cinavia, so it looks like I need whatever version came before that. That thread seems to indicate the version it shipped with did NOT have Cinavia, so I'm looking for that, whichever version that is.

The overclockers thread mentions that 3/26/12 was the date Cinavia was added, and 3/26/12 happens to also be the date M12.R.0211 was released. The only other M12 firmware on that website released prior to 3/26/12 was M12.R02.11M on 3/13/12. I cannot find any information on M12R0211M, so I'm hesitant to try the downgrade, but that might be the one.

Essentially, what I need is some sort of confirmation that M12R0211M is for the Sony BDP S590.

Last edited:
So it seems like the BDP S590 shipped with Cinavia, and was one of the first players to require it (it was released around February 2012) and thus it appears there is no non-Cinavia firmware to downgrade to.

I ordered an S580 (the same one people successfully downgraded to bypass Cinavia in this thread) and I'll report back with the results.

UPDATE: I can now confirm that the downgrade worked. Cinavia gone. Try at your own risk.

Hello everyone, I updated my BDP-S480, from the M07R0600 version to the M07R0631 version, so I gave the cinav problem on almost all the current blu-ray and 3D disks.
Follow the steps of nick64, download the exe easydowngrade, follow the exe step (without changing the date or anything in the exe, just follow, next, accept the risk and close the date of the firmware M07R0600 I had kept on my computer to 2099010100 , Then the BIN and ID files burned on a cd via windows 7 and inserted in the Blu ray, upgrading from version M07R0631 to version M07R0999, I gave it and ready. The firmware M07R0600 (I think it would give me something like What I have version M07R0999, but it was not like that), I tried the disks 3D The Awakening 3D and Batman vs Superman 3D and no longer, the sale cinavia.I now have to go for my blu Ray BDP-S380 that is at home.

Back