• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I get an error when trying to download movies from Amazon

Today I got the following error. It appeared when I tried to watch the video (not download it) inside of AnyStream. I'm not sure if this is important. I'm just trying everything I can think of as I try to figure out what is going on.
That is exactly what is expected to happen, when you try to watch a video inside of AnyStream.
That is simply not possible, the browser is not built for that.
We actually try to disable all buttons that would encourage a user to accidentally play a movie, if you still found an enabled one, we obviously missed a spot.

Pinging might not be sufficient ...
The first line of the first log snippet of mwb1100 above contains an URL beginning with https and ending with .mpd ... can you copy that URL and paste it in your usual browser and check if a file gets downloaded?

That warning you posted in your screenshot is the usual response if you hit the "play" button ... as mentioned before, use the green download button on top.

Yes, a file is loaded when I past that URL from mwb1100 into a browser.

Unless we get a proper log file there is nothing we can do to help this member. Look at the screen you will see file in the upper left-hand corner, press it then you will see create log file create a, then upload it to the forum that’s it

I attached a log file. I created the log file after opening AS and attempting to download the movie.

Also, I have uninstalled Vipre so it is no longer of any concern.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.4.3.astlog
    6.2 KB · Views: 2
I attached a log file. I created the log file after opening AS and attempting to download the movie.

Also, I have uninstalled Vipre so it is no longer of any concern.
Please update to 1.2.4.4 and post the new log.

The latest version is always available at the top of the Forum page.

:thankyou:

Also, I have uninstalled Vipre so it is no long

This is from your log file:
using proxy: Socks5, host: , port 0

You have the proxy active for Amazon, but invalid content (or empty).
You have to either disable the proxy entirely or insert correct values, if you intend to use it.

This is from your log file:

You have the proxy active for Amazon, but invalid content (or empty).
You have to either disable the proxy entirely or insert correct values, if you intend to use it.

And just like that...
...it's fixed and working.

Thank you everyone. I knew it had to be something simple. I appreciate all the help.

I'm not sure how the proxy was marked active for Amazon, but when I turned it off everything started working.
What is the proxy for? Can I use it to get access to streams that are not available in my region?

A proxy is a hard- or software instance between the user computer and the internet, commonly used by companies to ensure employees do not abuse internet access. For example: use only http and https but not ftp or other protocols.
Also it can be used to reduce ads on websites or log the internet traffic.

Did you purchase it? It is available with IMDBTv subscription

Unless we get a proper log file there is nothing we can do to help this member. Look at the screen you will see file in the upper left-hand corner, press it then you will see create log file create a, then upload it to the forum that’s it
I've been downloading without any problems from Amazon until I tried to download The Illusionist and got "Could not load playlist" and "server replied: forbidden." I'm able to download other content, just not this movie - do you have any idea as to why this one selection is being blocked? As you can see, it is presenting a downloadable menu, but then denying the download itself.
Logfile & screenshot of error message are attached.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.4.1.astlog
    7.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2021-11-22 09.42.52.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-11-22 09.42.52.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I've been downloading without any problems from Amazon until I tried to download The Illusionist and got "Could not load playlist" and "server replied: forbidden." I'm able to download other content, just not this movie - do you have any idea as to why this one selection is being blocked? As you can see, it is presenting a downloadable menu, but then denying the download itself.
You can only get that one free with ads. Otherwise you have to pay for it.

You should really update to 1250.

Do you have a subscription to IMDB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should really update to 1250.
Thanks for the reminder, but it made no difference. I tried it with no success before restarting my laptop post installation - and after I restarted it, it didn't change anything either.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.5.0.astlog
    7.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Do you have a subscription to IMDB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There actually is no such thing - IMDB TV is subscription free, but Amazon makes it look like it's an actual subscription by including it with Prime video, like it's a bundled feature. All imdb content is free because it comes with ads, which Anystream removes - a great feature!
I've been downloading imdb content with no issues up until now, and can download other imdb+ads content, just not this selection.

UPDATE: just tried on my creaky old Windows 7 laptop, same result, so is this an Amazon issue? Is anyone else getting this same result? Any suggestions on a fix for this title?

UPDATE: I though the error had resolved itself as it progressed as far as a download menu, only to end up with "stream initialization failed. Cannot proceed with the download." Then Anystream crashed when I tried to close that window and generated an exception crash report, attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-23 03.43.19.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-11-23 03.43.19.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
You can only get that one free with ads. Otherwise you have to pay for it.
I'm aware of that, and I know from experience that Anystream will remove those ads (yay!). But it doesn't explain why I can't download this one selection, when other imdb+ad content isn't being denied - I'm baffled here. Makes me wonder if I *did* actually pay for it, whether it would download or not.

Last edited:
Back