• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I don't want my .VOB files split at 1GB

lunchroom

When I step through the wizard, I'm setting the size to the maximum (99999GB) because I want the result to be one .VOB file. However, it still splits the movies into 4 .VOBs of approx 1 GB each.

Can someone tell me before I purchase this product - is it possible to rip a DVD to a single, large .VOB file?

Thanks,
lunchroom

When I step through the wizard, I'm setting the size to the maximum (99999GB) because I want the result to be one .VOB file. However, it still splits the movies into 4 .VOBs of approx 1 GB each.

Can someone tell me before I purchase this product - is it possible to rip a DVD to a single, large .VOB file?

Thanks,
lunchroom
No. The DVD standard demands 1GB as the maximum size.
CloneDVD mobile can create larger .vob files, as it is not intended to create DVD compatible output.

No. The DVD standard demands 1GB as the maximum size.
CloneDVD mobile can create larger .vob files, as it is not intended to create DVD compatible output.

Its the lack of this one feature that prevents me from depricating DVD Shrink :( it would be wonderfull if this were availible in a advanced option or something.

Its the lack of this one feature that prevents me from depricating DVD Shrink :( it would be wonderfull if this were availible in a advanced option or something.

You can create an ISO if you want.

Can I convert that ISO to DVD-quality MPG?

You can create an ISO if you want.

How can I then convert that ISO to a DVD-quality MPG file? My objective is to be able to watch my DVDs on a Media Extender so my kids can watch our library of DVDs without actually touching the media itself (i.e. scratching it).

Any suggestions on how to best convert the ISO to a high-quality MPG?

Thanks,
lunchroom

As I said - CloneDVD mobile does this. It is designed for this purpose.

How can I then convert that ISO to a DVD-quality MPG file?

I believe can mount the iso using virtual clonedrive, and watch the movie from your virtual drive. But you can't convert the file to mpg.

Back