• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I don't know if anyone else cares...

Ajax

:cool: I think... (and mind you this is just for my own benefit) That the clone drive should emulate A CD/DVD burner Drive so one can rip MP3 from virtual disks rather then waisting the real ones...:)

:rolleyes: (ie rip back the process of taking a track purchased from itunes and burning it to rip it back with out DRM...):eek:

I would love to learn how to get a music video inside my ipod. any help Ajax.

In reply to smooth #2

Yes there are ways to do so, but it requires trans-coding it from what ever format its in to an MP4...

Cucusoft DVD to Ipod is a program I have used and it worked but it dose cost like 30 odd dollars...

You might check www.doom9.org they have some helpful people there in their forums they helped me when I was a noob...:eek:

By the way if you get ribbed for being a noob don't take it like its a bad thing

We were all noobs at leased once in our lives...:cool:

"The only dumb question is the one not asked..":)

In reply to GotAMD #3

Thanks for the linq its helpful:cool:

Last edited:
I hear ya Ajax. I have many a time wished that I could virtually burn a disk because I needed something temporarily, but didn't want to actually have to burn a real, physical disk. The ability to virtually burn a disk that leads to a mounted virtual disk (and/or creates an image) would be very useful... for very legitimate and legal purposes at that.

Of course, the ability to do this would be a better use of resources as well and would help the environment.

Thanks GotAMD for your feedback.

It's late (finding this forum has kept me up way past my bedtime) so maybe I'm not understanding you correctly; but it seems to me that what you are describing is very easily accomplished with clone cd. I routinely copy all my cd's to my hard drive, and use virtual drive to open these files for a gazillion purposes.I take a couple extra seconds to create a folder and name it and name the image as well. I hope this speaks to your need- it certainly is a lifesaver with software disks!

Last edited:
I would love to learn how to get a music video inside my ipod. any help Ajax.
My 2 cents:
You can use a program called AVS Video Converter to convert between various video formats to another. This may be of help to some of you.
I also use Nero 7 Ultra Edition Enhanced to compress vob files to a smaller target size, like a cd or mini dvd (excluding all the extras, menus, unneeded audio tracks, etc.).
And to reply to a comment regarding DRM for your music files:
Use TuneBite (Platinum), it converts both audio and video to unprotected files. I use it primarily for music, and now I think I have too much music. I had to buy an external 500GB for my Netgear SC-101, and it's nearly full. However, if you like this SC-101, I suggest waiting for the SC-101T instead. Be sure to buy either one with an extended service contract. Don't be so cheap, or it will cost you later.
Hope this reply has useful info for all.

P.S.
I checked out that Handbrake program OldJoe suggested, and it looks very useful. If only I had an ipod or Zune, I would be all over it.

Last edited:
I found a program, NoteBurner, using virtual CD to burn iTunes music and then the burned music is saved on your hard drive. You don't need to rip again.

Just downloaded NoteBurner. I will try it out later. If it does what I think it does, then it is worth it.
My question is . . . does it convert it onto the Hard Drive? Or do you have to burn it to CD to playback the converted music? Does it convert it directly, or is it really recording it digitally like TuneBite?
This question is for everyone who stumbles across this thread.

Just downloaded NoteBurner. I will try it out later. If it does what I think it does, then it is worth it.
My question is . . . does it convert it onto the Hard Drive? Or do you have to burn it to CD to playback the converted music? Does it convert it directly, or is it really recording it digitally like TuneBite?

If you're looking for something to remove the DRM from iTunes, check out a program called QTFairUse6. You can find it on a website called hymn-project.org I believe. It's a lossless decryption program.

I have been using noteburner, it worked fine. Your songs will be converted onto the hard drive because noteburner is a virtual burner. It doesn't convert directly, it should be used with windows media player, itunes, realplayer or something with cd burning function.
Noteburner would be perfect if it can work with the newest wmp11...

I am a noob, need help!

I am trying to find out what programs do i need to copy a dvd to my video ipod. I have read many threads and did not find what i was looking for. Do i need to get the all the slysoft programs? I read in one thread that i would need anydvd, clonedvd, clonemobile..is this what i need?
I am also not sure how to put the dvd onto my ipod.
After i copy a dvd, do i import the image file to itunes?

sj

There are different softwares to remove DRM protected files. Mostly there are two ways to do this: 1. Burn files 2. Convert files. In google you`ll find huge list of this programs. Some of them are with the limited possibilities.

I prefer converters with good speed and quality which are able to convert several files at time. As for me it have to be 8-16. Now I prefer one converter that is suit me - MelodyCan.

Sorry, sweetjshot, this program can`t convert dvd but it converts M4P, iTunes and other files to MP3. You may think about this. May be in future you`ll need to convert one of MelodyCan`s supported file formats. (You may look it through here)

Back