• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved "I could not create the output file..."

ChuckH

I am trying to download a show on AP and I am getting an error message saying "I could not create the output file at..." and then the path. The show has a very long name and I am suspecting that maybe the problem is that the file name is too long. Once I close the error message, everything looks like the file is being downloaded, except that there is no progress in the progress bar, and no file is generated in the folder.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.4.9.7.astlog
    387.5 KB · Views: 4
Yup, that Filename is too long, try to adjust the naming template
AnyStream cannot help that, it's Windows that can't handle that long name.

Code:
Understanding the World's Greatest Structures- Science and Innovation from An.../Understanding the World's Greatest Structures- Science and Innovation from An... S01E01 Learning to See and Understand Structure.mp4
That would be the name :eek:

Yup, that Filename is too long, try to adjust the naming template
AnyStream cannot help that, it's Windows that can't handle that long name.
I had to play around with the naming template, but that did fix it. Unfortunately, I had to remove the show name and leave just the episode number and title. I can fix this after it downloads.

Thanks.

Good that it worked for now. Maybe AS can fix this permanently by giving the file a shorter name and putting the original name in a .txt file instead. Then the user can deside how to name it himself and the download process does not get interuppted because AS does it automatically.
Just as it ads _1 to the filename when the file is already there (but still complains when I want to download it afterwards...).

Wow, that name is worse than "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict." :ROFLMAO:

Try and use the default AnyStream folder instead of
[notice] [Mux:prime] Could not create the output file at E:/Movies/Understanding the World's Greatest Structures- Science and Innovation from An.../Understanding the World's Greatest Structures- Science and Innovation from An... S01E01 Learning to See and Understand Structure.mp4
The file name is way too long.

Back