• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I burn bluray movies at 16x write speed with CloneBD just fine

Yep, so in theory ;)

It depends on the drive-Firmware-programmers which speeds are allowed. Some manufacturers are a bit more conservative, others are a bit more adventurous. With BD-R the most driver-manufacturers are adventurous, burn a BD-R 4x and 6x at 10x or 12x is mostly possible. With 2x it´s more conservative, my 2x Panasonic and Verbatim will only be overspeeded by my LG-drives; Panasonic, Pioneer, Samsung and Liteon only allows 2x.

My BD-RE-media will not be overspeeded, max. certified speed = max speed
Using my LG BD, I have never burned over 2X. My understanding is that burning at higher speeds is mostly "Trial and Error"?

Rated speed is almost always a good burn. In fact you can cause errors if burning too slow. As to the bd-re 2x speeds. seems to be standard for those. Multiple brands, several years since they came out I've yet to see higher than 2x ones.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Never heard that one before. I've never come across an error due to burning too slow

Never heard that one before. I've never come across an error due to burning too slow
I am using: "25 RIDATA 6X Blank Blu-Ray BD-R DL Dual Double Layer 50GB Inkjet Printable Disc". I tried the 6x speed [using Burnaware Pro] for the first time. I got a write error. I am going back to the minimum speed [2x] and see what happens? I might also have to test with ImgBurn to see if I got different results?

@Adbear it depends. One drive is more prone than another. It's the same as with trying to burn faster. Error out is perhaps an overstatement. 'worse burn result' is perhaps better. Some drive can others fail with errors

@TheEmpathicEar that's no superprise at all. Ridata is about as cheap quality you can get, as I did inform you in a different post. You get what you pay for.

My verbatims rated 6x. I burn them with flawless result at twice that speed. Quality does have a price.

@Adbear it depends. One drive is more prone than another. It's the same as with trying to burn faster. Error out is perhaps an overstatement. 'worse burn result' is perhaps better. Some drive can others fail with errors

@TheEmpathicEar that's no superprise at all. Ridata is about as cheap quality you can get, as I did inform you in a different post. You get what you pay for.

My verbatims rated 6x. I burn them with flawless result at twice that speed. Quality does have a price.

The Verbatims U R using are BD-25s? I have been BD-50s. Is there any difference in burning between the two?

Do you have anything to back that up? It's the first time I've ever heard of that in 10 years of dealing with BD-R's and I've dealt with a lot due to work and through clients.

There's multiple topics on the imgburn forums.

Empathic: mainly bd25's some BD 50. But verbatim quality no just the size capacity. As I said, quality has a price. Compare verbatim bd50 to your ridata bd50 and verbatim will very likely give you ZERO burn errors but you pay a bit more for them too.

Last edited:
It's not "hope" for less/none. That's a given. That's what i've been saying from the start. You pay for quality. Quality means no burn errors to me. Verbatim aint cheap, but i've yet to get a burn error in all my years of burning. Even back to when it was just CD / SL DVD era that wasn't self inflicted (aborting the burn myself).

Well if you look at the Imgburn site including the link I've given earlier some people would have to differ with your opinion including myself.
I don't have any of my early Verbatim DL BD-R's as they have all failed now yet my Sony and TDK ones are still going strong. And as to quality, shame they don't stick to their own dye for the Blu-ray's. They seem to be doing the same with them as they have done with the DVD's as some seem to come with different dye which appears to be less reliable on the Verbatim discs

It has been a while since I used dl bd's. I'm not going to dispute that their quality may have dropped

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

It's not just DL, they are farming out SL BD-R's as well. You even commented in the forum thread about it
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/24488-bd-all-fail-verify/?hl=verbatim#entry159470

The guy even received confirmation back from Verbatim about it
I received these details from Verbatim customer support - might be useful information for anyone in the UK

The 437xx series has the Mediacode VERBATIMe,
The 43804, 43811, 43812 have the media code CMCMAG BA5.
So at least hopefully you can order selectively

Well good thing I order mine in batches of 100+. Still got plenty for a while. Now if the ones I ordered would come with a cmcmag mid, they'd be going right back where they came from

Well good thing I order mine in batches of 100+. Still got plenty for a while. Now if the ones I ordered would come with a cmcmag mid, they'd be going right back where they came from

U know... That might be a way for me to save $$ - buying in bulk. For BD-50s, I've been buying batches of 25 [RiTek]. Maybe I should take a look at Verbatim [or anyone else] that is selling in bulk?

I always order spindles, not Jewel cases and always in 100's. So if they're spindles of 25 I order 4 or 8,... Depending on how many I want/need. Price remains usually the same but I don't have to order new ones every other week. And spindles are already cheaper because you don't pay for any plastic Jewel case packaging

Last edited:
Also less wasteful as most people just throw the cases away

Wow, big discussion now here ;)

Speed: Like Ch3vr0n already said, rated speed could be better than a lower speed. It depends on the writer and the media. BDs are generally specified with a low speed, so you have a real bad drive or real bad media if you only get an successfull burn at lower speed. Overall best drives are Pioneer, thats my experience with five brands and 10 (3 LG, 2 Panasonic, 3 Pioneer, 1 LiteOn, 1 Samsung) models.
I test some media with burning speed 8x and 10x and with good media there´s a small difference, no Standalone-BD-Player would make problems with these faster burned media.
DVD-media in these days are mostly rated 16x and indeed, only very good media (which is hard to find now, many manufacturers stopped production, others are dropped the quality to reduce costs) will like it. If you turn down the speed to 8x or 12x you will get an good burn. Actual DVD-writers will offer minimal speed of 4x (Samsung), 6x (Pioneer, LiteOn) or 8x (LG) with 16x media. 4x and 6x will not have better results than 8x.

I never burned BD-DL-media, so I can´t say something about the Ridata-problems.

But Ritek-media like Ridata, also some models of Platinum, Maxell, Primeon, are one of the worst media you can get. It was good directly after burning, but I post here are screenshot how worse it is after some years.

Most ppl would say it is a successfull burn if the writer don´t show an error-message, other ppl would say if the BD-Player plays it. I check the write-quality after the burn, maybe also a transferrate-check at max. read speed; I make after some years a re-test of it. This is a much better indicator of the medias actual condition.

I always order spindles, not Jewel cases and always in 100's. So if they're spindles of 25 I order 4 or 8,... Depending on how many I want/need. Price remains usually the same but I don't have to order new ones every other week. And spindles are already cheaper because you don't pay for any plastic Jewel case packaging

I just posted here: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/bd-blanks-discussion.52214/ I was wondering if you could take a look and answer my question?

Back