• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I am seeing subtitles in the CloneBD player - does that mean they will also be in the mkv rip?

CountryBumkin

I just got the new "Logan" movie from Amazon. I rip my movies with CloneBD to MKV (lossless). The movie comes with three disks (DVD, BD, and BD Noir), I want to rip the regular BD (color version of the movie).

When I was viewing the movie in the "CloneBD player", I was seeing subtitles (or Closed Caption text - whichever is the correct term). It is "English text" displaying what is said by the actors.

I deselected (unchecked) all of the "subtitle choices", and I still get this text. I then unchecked all of the audio format choices (various AC3 choices) except the 7.1 choice, and I still get this text.

I thought maybe that subtitle text is burned into the video, but there is only one title available (Title 850).

So I then thought maybe this movie has not been fully "cracked" yet. I posted this question and the AnyDVD HD Log, on the AnyDVD HD forum, but over there they say the problem is either with me or the CloneBD settings.

Can anyone help? What am I doing wrong?

When I was viewing the movie in the "CloneBD player", I was seeing subtitles

I deselected (unchecked) all of the "subtitle choices"

The subtitles will not be in your final output since you have unchecked them, so you can safely complete your copy

I deselected (unchecked) all of the "subtitle choices", and I still get this text. I then unchecked all of the audio format choices (various AC3 choices) except the 7.1 choice, and I still get this text.
Look closer. You can deselect a track / subtitle to be copied (the checkbox), but you can also select / deselect the track for playback. So you can decide, if you want to include it in the copy or not. And you can switch between multiple selections. If you included multiple subtitles / audio tracks, this is how you can test them. Or just watch the movie with CloneBD.

The subtitles will not be in your final output since you have unchecked them, so you can safely complete your copy
Yes - but I'm seeing them in the CloneBD player with "everything unchecked" - that's what's throwing me.

@James- I think you have explained what's going on. I don't recall seeing what you describe, so I'll look more closely for that when I try again tonight.
I am expecting (hoping) to be able to view the payback for a couple of minutes in CloneBD to know what I will see in my media player. A WYSIWYG approach.

Thanks

Even with them unchecked in CloneBD if you have the subtitle playback icon to right of the subtitle still showing then they will still play in CloneBD
Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Exactly.
The checkboxes on the left tell CloneBD which ones go into the copy (multiple choices possible).
The symbol on the right side says whether or not to display during playback (single choice only).

Sometimes you need a way to determine which sub is which (especially if you have 3 or 4 "English" subs).
The player simplifies this and you can select the desired ones for copying right then and there.

Nice. I didn't know about that playback icon. All is good now.

Back