• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I am calling for the separate development of 3-Anydvd programs.

Wouldn't it be easier to turn that old machine into a linux DVD player?! :) Then you can use a modern machine to rip and burn using AnyDVD so the old machine doesn't have to worry about processing it on the fly. :)

...and what exactly is supposed to be "easy" about linux ;)

(nooo, noooo, I don't want to start that old discussion here again :D )

No, AnyDVD doesn't work on Linux (or BSD). AnyDVD is designed for *watching* the original disc on the playback machine the way you want to (different region, transparent subtitles, quiet drive speed, jump over FBI warnings and trailers, ...)

Yes, yes, I have 2 multimedia PCs so I'm quite familiar of what the concept is behind using AnyDVD in realtime. However, I stand by my assertion that Win98 sucks. :p GRIN

AnyDVD is Excellent!

I fail to see anything wrong with Slysoft's AnyDVD. As a faithful user of their programs for YEARS, I have yet to see a "problem" with any of their programs. This is one reason I don't post much here anymore. Too many people think they know more than Slysoft does here. If this were really the case, I am sure Slysoft would offer them a job!
Keep Up The Great Work Slysoft! I have your back!:agree:
My opinions are my own and are not intended to offend anyone here. Just my own Humble Opinions.Based on years of experience with Slysoft Products.

Please excuse my outspokenness but I have just read a thread of postings, 90% of which were written by people who are victims of the Microsoft Propaganda Machine.

I read "robot-maketing-repeat" baloney like:
"...XP more stable platform than 98 or ME ..."
"... viable business model ..."
"... ease the work of backward compatibility ..."
"... impossible for a vendor to maintain a support model ..."
"... I sympathize with people still running Windows 98/ME ..."
"... more work to maintain support ..."
"... slows the evolution of a program ..."
"... drop 98 support ... not that much difference in the code... "

Nobody talks like that unless they are trying to fill your minds with gump in order to sell you something ... wake up ... think for yourselves!

DUH! 98/ME and 2000 up to SP3 are the last Windows releases to not have your new friggin' friend: DRM (Digital Rights Management) to guide you through the quagmires and moral confusions of having crushed YOUR "Fair Use" copyright rights that you have inherited from a century of Legal Precedents determined by people who fought court battles for the rights that you all give away to "Corporate Amerika" by making all the statements that I read on this thread. (hows that for an angry run-on sentence!)

So don't be stupid or gullible. Go ahead and have your fancy super duper XP or Vista machine for your main work. But this a forum for backing up DVD movies. Backing up does not require a powerful machine or feature rich OS. Making backups only requires a simple machine without alot of conflicts and copying interferences. Pre Win2000SP4 OS's are extreemly valid for the domain and purpose of this entire forum. Thank you James for continuing support.

Best regards & hello to my old friend and Moderator Ireland (the OP),
Whisperer

Since my post was the first listed in the "nobody talks like that" line I'll reply as well. I talk like that. Funny all the General Protection Faults I got with WIN95, WIN98, WIN98 SE. Don't get those with XP. Didn't get those with 2k either (had it at work), so yes it is a more stable platform, or maybe I should have said Operating System. Maybe it was the word "platform" you objected to. It took me a long time to make the switch from 98 SE to XP and I haven't regretted it. You do lose the ability to not run some of the older software, but that is the only downside I can see. And I don't "buy in" to the M$ club either. I don't go out and stand in line whenever they come out with the newest and greatest. I look for a long time to see what the advantages are. For now, I have no desire to get Vista.

Last edited:
I could be mistaken, but I suspect it's easier and cheaper to maintain, develop, and offer up for download one version of Anydvd than three separate versions.

All the problems started with anydvd with the addition of hd and and vista support

All the problems started with anydvd with the addition of hd and and vista support.meaning keys and drives don't work etc.

6.1.2.3 2007 02 15
- New: Added HD DVD and AACS support.

i been with anydvd since its conception never had a problem i could not fix.
and all my back ups are with using windows 2000.

also i am using 3-versions of clonedvd installed at the same time.
Elby Clonedvd v1.3121,elby clonedvd sneak preview v1924,clonedvd v2911

All the problems started with anydvd with the addition of hd and and vista support.meaning keys and drives don't work etc.

6.1.2.3 2007 02 15
- New: Added HD DVD and AACS support.

i been with anydvd since its conception never had a problem i could not fix.
and all my back ups are with using windows 2000.

also i am using 3-versions of clonedvd installed at the same time.
Elby Clonedvd v1.3121,elby clonedvd sneak preview v1924,clonedvd v2911
Works fine for me.

Might be, but that is probably a coincidence. And problems that were there, have been fixed.

Also: even if we released different products, they would surely be based on common code, so this wouldn't change a thing.

Personally, I'd be quite happy to see 98/ME support dropped if it would ease the amount of work to evolve the program w/o having to worry about backward compatibility.

And, yes, I expect a lot of people to give me the middle finger and shout expletives in my direction.

You are right on here, dump 98/ME support, does anyone even use those old outdated piles of crap? And if you do, it's time to upgrade, those were both crap when they were new. :clap:

What the....

Please excuse my outspokenness but I have just read a thread of postings, 90% of which were written by people who are victims of the Microsoft Propaganda Machine.

I read "robot-maketing-repeat" baloney like:
"...XP more stable platform than 98 or ME ..."
"... viable business model ..."
"... ease the work of backward compatibility ..."
"... impossible for a vendor to maintain a support model ..."
"... I sympathize with people still running Windows 98/ME ..."
"... more work to maintain support ..."
"... slows the evolution of a program ..."
"... drop 98 support ... not that much difference in the code... "

Nobody talks like that unless they are trying to fill your minds with gump in order to sell you something ... wake up ... think for yourselves!

DUH! 98/ME and 2000 up to SP3 are the last Windows releases to not have your new friggin' friend: DRM (Digital Rights Management) to guide you through the quagmires and moral confusions of having crushed YOUR "Fair Use" copyright rights that you have inherited from a century of Legal Precedents determined by people who fought court battles for the rights that you all give away to "Corporate Amerika" by making all the statements that I read on this thread. (hows that for an angry run-on sentence!)

So don't be stupid or gullible. Go ahead and have your fancy super duper XP or Vista machine for your main work. But this a forum for backing up DVD movies. Backing up does not require a powerful machine or feature rich OS. Making backups only requires a simple machine without alot of conflicts and copying interferences. Pre Win2000SP4 OS's are extreemly valid for the domain and purpose of this entire forum. Thank you James for continuing support.

Best regards & hello to my old friend and Moderator Ireland (the OP),
Whisperer

Bottom line is, 9X/ME are pure and simple crap; they were horrible when they were new, 2k is ok at best, I mean if you want a crap OS go for it, but why should SlySoft spend time and money on software that MS doesn't support anymore and is nearing 10 years old which is about 50 years old in computer years. And what the hell does DRM have to do with any of this? I have no issues with DRM on my XP, because it doesn't exist. It's not about being stupid or gullible it's about using an OS that works and is up to date, that I don't have to reboot every 10 minutes, that's what it's about. So yes SlySoft drop the 9X/ME and 2k support, do everyone a favor. Rock on!! :agree:

Back