• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hybrid music/files cd

Fred_Fish

Is it possible to copy a music/data hybryd cd with clonecd? If so how. If not can someone point me in the right direction?

When you open the program, there are multiple options, When you select "Copy CD", you will see the next screen. The program will also handle DVDs. There is a trial period where you can test the features.

upload_2016-6-9_15-1-1.png

Yes I realize that. Multimedia Audio CD would seem the appropriate choice. But the two cd's I just threw in the garbage only contained the files just as a copy made in the normal way. Is there possibly a drive limitation on my pc's drives that prevents a copy from being made? My burner's are LG GE20LU10 and LG GE24NU30.

I'd pick yourself up a cd-rw that would prevent you from wasting more discs. Then I'd try the iso making function and then burn the ISO back to disc.

Thanks Chev. It's for my daughter-in-laws bible school program and I'm not sure she has time to wait. She's a bit nervous about lending the original to her staff.

Do you think going the iso route on my current drives would be worth a try?

Drives don't care. Music, video, documents... it's all just data made of 1's and 0's to them. What does matter is how that data gets burned. An ISO structure usually keeps the disc layout and structure intact 2 ways. Into the iso and from the iso to the drive. I'd just error on the safe side and get that cd-rw. If things are 'wrong', you just erase and try again.

On a sidenote, if AnyDVD is also being used I'd advise unchecking the Remove CD Digital Audio Protection in the AnyDVD settings under Audio CD when copying a hybrid disc. In the past I've found that with hybrid discs you lose the video part when making a backup due to how AnyDVD deals with the TOC and removing the digital protection.

If AnyDVD is not involved then you can ignore what I wrote above.

Yes I realize that. Multimedia Audio CD would seem the appropriate choice. But the two cd's I just threw in the garbage only contained the files just as a copy made in the normal way. Is there possibly a drive limitation on my pc's drives that prevents a copy from being made? My burner's are LG GE20LU10 and LG GE24NU30.
Also, in addition to what DL&D said, you may want to check the CDs you made. If you were playing them on a PC with AnyDVD running, AnyDVD may have prevented some of the multimedia files from being seen. CloneCD probably copied them, they just weren't viewable. Exit AnyDVD and see if the other files are seen then.

No my attempts were without anydvd. I figured out a way to extract the music tracks from the cd and just made a separate music cd with those tracks. Never was able to make a 1:1 copy of the entire cd so I just made 2 cd's one with the data files and one with the music.

Did you try to scan the CD with a copy protection scanner like
ClonyXXL or protectionID to check if there may be some hint?

I'd pick yourself up a cd-rw that would prevent you from wasting more discs. Then I'd try the iso making function and then burn the ISO back to disc.
You better inform yourself why ISO is the appropriate image format for Audio CDs ...NOT.
Especially not for multisession Hybrid ones.
I haven't used CCD for ages, but maybe those profiles are still usable for version 5: https://yadi.sk/d/GMAySsAlciZqK
Try CD Extra or Mixed Mode CD - depending on the data session/track being first or second.

Last edited by a moderator:
Euhm no I don't have to do anything.

For starters I didn't say it was the recommended format, I said to give it a try. And second, the op never said it was a multi session disc. Only that there was both a music and data part. That does not mean it's a multi session disc.

For starters I didn't say it was the recommended format, I said to give it a try.
Not just 'not recommended', it's 'not appropriate'. ISO is only single session & single track.
Only that there was both a music and data part. That does not mean it's a multi session disc.
Inform yourself !

EDIT: granted, it can also have the data in the first track in Mixed Mode CDs, but on Enhanced Music CDs (CD Extra) there are typically two (or more) sessions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, I don't have to do anything. I'm not going to debate a pointless discussion. Case dismissed.

The fact the OP's CCD Backup only contains the data part proves it's multisession.
However - we have to wait until James once again Shows up your fault until you confess it.
Before then: pointless discussion, correct.

@Fred_Fish
What does the CloneCD status windows say at Info on inserted disc, Number of sessions ?
What's the name of the CD ?

Back