• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hunger Games Playlist

TODDSSF

I ripped The Hunger Games probably a couple years ago using AnyDVD / Handbrake. We actually watched it for the first time from that rip tonight, and the sequence was jumbled.

I went back to the PC, and AnyDVD shows playlist 565 being the correct one, and that shows up as the default in Handbrake. I certainly can't remember what I did specifically 2 years ago, but I am pretty good at checking this in general.

WMP Classic cannot read a BR if AnyDVD is not running. With AnyDVD running it plays the movie with one of the jumbled playlists so I'm assuming this is 565. It appears to be the same playlist as the one I ripped.

I found a forum post suggesting 665 and am trying that now, wont know for another hour , but probably have to watch a good section of the movie to be sure.

My question is when AnyDVD doesn't appear to pull the right playlist, how do we figure it out. This BR has hundreds of playlists. Is this caused by different editions of the same movie? This edition was a Walmart exclusive with the first two movies included. UPC 0 313398 18154 5

Thanks for any help!

Sounds like you converted the wrong playlist (screenpass protection), or did so while that version of the disc wasn't yet properly handled. But we need an anydvd logfile to know for sure.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Sounds like you converted the wrong playlist (screenpass protection), or did so while that version of the disc wasn't yet properly handled. But we need an anydvd logfile to know for sure.

Sorry apparently I'm staring in amateur hour here. I meant to and knew to attach the log file.

Playlist 665 did not work either. Log File attached here.

Can you tell me where to look in the log file for the correct playlist? Is it something I can search for or do I need to post here?

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.0.0_Info_L_THE_HUNGER_GAMES_FE0A8A40_6A73D9E5.ziplog
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
Anydvd handles that title just fine. It's because you picked the wrong playlist. Anydvd isnt telling you playlist 665, but 565 in the status window. Small difference, big effect.

As to converting with handbrake, read this https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-and-handbrake-makemkv-movie-playlists-problems.73387/

You may have missed it in my first post. I believe I started with 565. That didn't work. 665 was a 2nd attempt based on another thread I read.
I can re-attempt 565 (in the odd chance that AnyDVD has been updated since it was first ripped), but since WMP Classic is actually playing the wrong playlist when AnyDVD is running, and won't play anything when AnyDVD is not running, I think 565 is the wrong list too.

Is there any other way to verify the correct playlist?

Handbrake

@TODDSSF I'm not so good at reading those log files. The log file you posted, was that created from the original disc, or from a protected ISO backup file?

WMP isn't a licensed Blu-ray player, as such it picks a random playlist. Perfectly normal behavior. For testing try powerdvd. It's very unlikely to be the wrong playlist, that title is way too old for that

WMP isn't a licensed Blu-ray player, as such it picks a random playlist. Perfectly normal behavior. For testing try powerdvd. It's very unlikely to be the wrong playlist, that title is way too old for that

So how do I find the correct playlist. Here is what Handbrake is defaulting too... There are actually 80 potential playlists showing up in handbrake, and most of those are the correct movie length. It's picking that list out of the middle of the pack so I can only assume it's getting that from AnyDVD. Where else would it come from?

565.JPG

Handbrake has had a few updates in the past couple of years. I haven't used it much in the past 2 years. Is it possible that an old Handbrake got the wrong playlist way back when you first used it on this title, and that a newer version you're now running might do the right thing today? Something to think about.

Handbrake has had a few updates in the past couple of years. I haven't used it much in the past 2 years. Is it possible that an old Handbrake got the wrong playlist way back when you first used it on this title, and that a newer version you're now running might do the right thing today? Something to think about.

I had just started playlist 565 again before you sent this. It APPEARS to be correct this time so I can only imagine you are right and Handbrake has changed the way they handle playlists. The GUI and options have changed a bit over the past year or so.

I'll have to watch a good 30 mins of the movie to be more comfortable, but I think its right now. At least a couple previously time marks are now correct.

Thanks to all for taking the time to respond. I'll drop a note here that it's either fully resolved or otherwise if I find it's still not right.

So how do I find the correct playlist. Here is what Handbrake is defaulting too... There are actually 80 potential playlists showing up in handbrake, and most of those are the correct movie length. It's picking that list out of the middle of the pack so I can only assume it's getting that from AnyDVD. Where else would it come from?

View attachment 45306
Simple: Use CloneBD.

Simple: Use CloneBD.

I looked at it long ago when it was newly available. There were some early issues but I imagine it has come a long way. I'll check it out again.

Back