• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1 US Retail

You seem to have your AACS statuses reversed. In fact, AnyDVD HD removes AACS protection when active; thus if AACS is active (and valid) AnyDVD HD is not active, and vice versa. If the Java app finds valid AACS (no AnyDVD HD), it assumes it's on an original disc and coughs up the playlist. If it finds no valid AACS (AnyDVD HD is active), it provides an obfuscated playlist -- or in this case shuts down completely. Yes there may be additional validation steps now, but that does not change the app's basic operation -- only the criteria for "valid" vs. "not valid" copies.

My comment about you selling SlySoft short was based on your suggesting they have no way to tell the difference between different versions of a title, which is simply not true and has nothing to do with AACS. AnyDVD HD potentially has access to stuff on the disc (i.e., BD-ROM Mark) that almost no other software does, so only SlySoft people truly know what their software uses to distinguish between versions of this movie.

That's exactly what I was suggesting: If AACS is missing (because AnyDVD HD is active or it's a rip), this Java app shuts down playback entirely without suggesting any playlist (good or bad); OTOH, if AACS is present and valid (original disc) it provides the correct playlist. My suggestion was that, in the latter case, it could be getting the playlist number from the Internet so it's not in the Java code itself -- though that could complicate things for BD players not connected to the Internet.

Of course they can tell the difference, where do you get that this is the problem.
You seem to think that Slysoft can select the correct Playlist on any disk automatically, they cant, if they could this protection would be null and void and it would NOT be a subject being discussed.

In other words, your ANYDVD running on your PC cannot automatically resolve this, it has to be by recognition of the disk and ANYDVD knowing the correct playlist (in advance i.e. knowledge of disk).
If there are MANY versions of the same disk, then they may have NOT have had all of the versions to test themselves/have input from us.
So, they may NOT have knowledge of the version you have and therefore may not show the correct playlist.

This is not a shortcoming with Slysoft:

I repeat:
it is VERY VERY difficult to present the correct input to the Java program so as to get the correct output.
Input AACS + checksums + anything else they wish to check.

If you want to argue further, then argue with yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps I don't understand correctly, but I always thought that knowing the correct playlist doesn't necessarily mean Slysoft can then remove the protection for "full disc" playback (I thought they were two separate things/problems)

The playlist for one US release and the Canadian release have been known for 2 weeks now, if just knowing the playlist fixed the disc then surely it would have been fixed a while ago (at least on those two discs)

As for Slysoft knowing the difference between discs, obviously they do. In the past all they needed is a logfile/playlist, then the correct playlist would be shown in the status window for all users with that particular disc (even with 5+ different releases/discs)

Perhaps I don't understand correctly, but I always thought that knowing the correct playlist doesn't necessarily mean Slysoft can then remove the protection for "full disc" playback (I thought they were two separate things/problems)

The playlist for one US release and the Canadian release have been known for 2 weeks now, if just knowing the playlist fixed the disc then surely it would have been fixed a while ago (at least on those two discs)

As for Slysoft knowing the difference between discs, obviously they do. In the past all they needed is a logfile/playlist, then the correct playlist would be shown in the status window for all users with that particular disc (even with 5+ different releases/discs)

Yes, yes and yes.

And in your example, all 5 are show, this is as long as Slysoft are aware/have knowledge of all the versions that are available.

P.S. If you think about it, they could be very devious and make it very time consuming for Slysoft to produce replacement code for "Full Disk Backup" option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Slysoft having and issue cracking this disk/s, or is it just a matter of time and resources for them to correct this issue in a new version? I had not seen Slysoft comment on there efforts yet. I, like many others, am not interested in all the software and tools it would take to make a movie only copy of this disk and usually just wait for the fix from Slysoft. Just curious. Thanks.

As an interim solution we decided to enforce speedmenus for this particular protection.
With AnyDVD 7.5.8.8 beta and up, AnyDVD will enforce Speedmenus for this disc and select the correct playlist automatically. It will also be displayed in the status window as usual.

That way everyone can see the correct playlist for further processing and copies will at least play in "full disc mode".

Of course they can tell the difference, where do you get that this is the problem.
This prior statement by you seemed to imply it:
If there are multiple versions of the same Title which have different Playlists for the Movie, then I would think it will be difficult for Slysoft to replace the Java to select the correct one for all version for FULL DISK BACKUP.
However, the current "forced Speedmenu" option makes it clear the problem is cracking the Java app, not detecting the correct playlist. (One of the key purposes of Speedmenu has always been to bypass unwanted payloads in Java menus, such as Screen Pass.) But then, the black-screen behavior was also clearly coming from the Java app. So once they crack it, would you please explain HOW it would "be difficult for Slysoft to replace the Java to select the correct (playlist)"?

You also refer to AACS as an "(i)nput", i.e., supplied by AnyDVD HD as part of decrypting and/or cracking the Java app. Though that could be part of JAR decryption (or even a MFR trick to fool the Java app into coughing up the playlist), I was referring to the normal operation of the Java app itself without anti-Screen Pass measures: If AACS (and whatever else it chooses to check) is present on the disc, the app proceeds to the correct playlist; but if AACS is not present on the disc it serves up a scrambled playlist with "copy detected" message (prior versions) or shuts down the menu (this version). I was not discussing how AnyDVD HD cracks or fools the Java app; that in part is how the boys in Antigua make their living. :D

The answer lies in the jar file we send them. Wonder what debugger they use over there at slysoft.....

I can confirm the Best Buy Steelbook disc now plays in full disc mode with the correct playlist (553).
View attachment 26480

Amazon Dual Disc (Blu-ray + DVD) version also plays with the new beta but the Slysoft Speed Menu was added even though I had that disabled. Player used was TMT 6, with rip to file option rather than .ISO. I prefer the regular disc menus to the Speed Menu.

Amazon Dual Disc (Blu-ray + DVD) version also plays with the new beta but the Slysoft Speed Menu was added even though I had that disabled. Player used was TMT 6, with rip to file option rather than .ISO. I prefer the regular disc menus to the Speed Menu.

Please read post 126. Its always wise to read a complete thread before posting in it. Thank you

Please read post 126. Its always wise to read a complete thread before posting in it. Thank you

My apologies, I had been following the thread from almost day 1 and missed that post somehow. Was following because I knew the Lionsgate discs are always a PITA and that a solution would be reached. In missing that one post I missed the interim solution.

Netflix rental

Actually, I suspect Lionsgate has two separate masters out there for the Atmos version, one with 707 as good and one with 553, in addition to the non-Atmos version (playlist 697) -- much like Fox did with BD+ on Avatar, only now with playlist obfuscation. Of all the retail versions, AFAICT only the Walmart 1-disc (non-Atmos like the rentals) actually has different BD content from the others (all with Atmos); all of Target's exclusive bonuses are on the second DVD, and Best Buy's only exclusive content is the Steelbook itself. However, it is clear that 553 is good for some Atmos copies while 707 is good for others.

It may be that 553 is only for the Best Buy & Target exclusives vs. 707 for the ordinary 2-discs; but it may also be that the only way to tell between Atmos discs is to match the exact order of M2TS files to the known good order. (The M2TS files themselves are apparently the same for all Atmos discs; they're different for the non-Atmos version.)

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1
"Netflix" Blu-Ray Single - Time indicated on movie sleeve - 2 hrs 3 min.
ANYDVD HD 7.5.8.8 beta
HandBrake 10.1

- playlist 00000.mpls. Used HandBrake. Scenes out of sequence - Failed

- playlist 00697.mpls. (#442 in HandBrake)
Used Clown_BD. 2:02:50. created 16.7GB. Dolby 5.1 AC3. Movie playback was fine - Tried to use HandBrake to

convert file, but showed 1:56 instead of 2:02:50...

My Solution for this long method: I ran MKVMergeGUI on the video file created by Clown_BD... Opened the newly

created MKV in HandBrake, and it showed the correct time 2:02:50...

- The easier method is to simply use HandBrake on #442 00697.mpls, convert and enjoy :)

"This post only applies to Netflix rented Blu-Ray"

Yet Another Variant

No playlist was displayed by Anydvd 7588 so I'm assuming this is yet another variant. Here's the log and Jar files...

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.5.8.8_Info_E_MOCKINJAY_PT1.ziplog
    896.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Not sure if you have enough log files yet but here is one with a US version with correctly displayed playlist of 697 in the status window.
Works except it requires the forced speedmenu. Any updates on fixing that? Thanks! :)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.5.9.0_Info_H_MOCKINGJAY_PT1.ziplog
    786.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Not sure if you have enough log files yet but here is one with a US version with correctly displayed playlist of 697 in the status window.
Works except it requires the forced speedmenu. Any updates on fixing that? Thanks! :)

In February ;)

Hah, standard response for uncertain things. It's even crueler if you consider he didn't say what year :p

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

After piecing the segments together, the correct playlist for the Nordic version seems to be:

Source file name: 00313.mpls
Duration: 2:02:41
Chapters count: 16
Size: 25.5 GB
Segment count: 15
Segment map: 107,103,115,105,104,108,101,102,27,106,111,114,113,110,109

That means nothing, they need the logfile.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Back