• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1 US Retail

From my own Best Buy Steelbook, it appears its playlist 707 is not the same as its playlist 553 (which matches your findings).

All I was saying is that the Walmart (2-disc) #46271 playlist 707 has the same segment sequence as that of the Best Buy Steelbook #46488 playlist 553.

Walmart #46271 playlist 707 = 503,520,516,510,511,506,507,514,518,509,519,517,50 1,505,502,512,515,504,513,508

Best Buy Steelbook #46488 playlist 553 = 503,520,516,510,511,506,507,514,518,509,519,517,50 1,505,502,512,515,504,513,508

The playlist numbers are different, but the segment sequences are the same.

sorry if I confused anybody

az_raiden

(Unlike most past playlist obfuscation titles, it appears none of the bogus playlists have a "copy detected" screen; that's why they're nearly all the same length. Non-Atmos discs apparently have a different sequence.)

I don't have the disc, but from what I can see it looks like 420.mpls would be the "copy detected" playlist on both US Atmos discs (it has a suspicious 1 minute 3143.m2ts)

What I still don't get is how some people have purchased the same Walmart 2 disc (w/Atmos) but they actually ended up with different discs/playlists (553/707) :confused:

What I still don't get is how some people have purchased the same Walmart 2 disc (w/Atmos) but they actually ended up with different discs/playlists (553/707) :confused:

I suspect that they are confused as to which disc version they have. I think that they were using the single disc playlist not realizing that 707 was the real playlist for the 2-disc version. Watching the movie and having nothing to compare it to can lead you to believe that you have a good playlist when in fact you're skipping or missing parts of the movie, especially if there is no content warning message. I'll check that .mt2s file you mentioned and let you know.

az_raiden

Do you have AnyDVD HD installed on your HTPC? If so, is "Prevent player software from detecting Cinavia" checked in Program Settings?

Don't I feel like a moron! You are right, it somehow got unchecked. I had it checked and working on my HTPC for a long time I just completely forgot about that setting.

I suspect that they are confused as to which disc version they have. I think that they were using the single disc playlist not realizing that 707 was the real playlist for the 2-disc version. Watching the movie and having nothing to compare it to can lead you to believe that you have a good playlist when in fact you're skipping or missing parts of the movie, especially if there is no content warning message. I'll check that .mt2s file you mentioned and let you know.

az_raiden
Actually, I suspect Lionsgate has two separate masters out there for the Atmos version, one with 707 as good and one with 553, in addition to the non-Atmos version (playlist 697) -- much like Fox did with BD+ on Avatar, only now with playlist obfuscation. Of all the retail versions, AFAICT only the Walmart 1-disc (non-Atmos like the rentals) actually has different BD content from the others (all with Atmos); all of Target's exclusive bonuses are on the second DVD, and Best Buy's only exclusive content is the Steelbook itself. However, it is clear that 553 is good for some Atmos copies while 707 is good for others.

It may be that 553 is only for the Best Buy & Target exclusives vs. 707 for the ordinary 2-discs; but it may also be that the only way to tell between Atmos discs is to match the exact order of M2TS files to the known good order. (The M2TS files themselves are apparently the same for all Atmos discs; they're different for the non-Atmos version.)

I don't have the disc, but from what I can see it looks like 420.mpls would be the "copy detected" playlist on both US Atmos discs (it has a suspicious 1 minute 3143.m2ts)

Here is what your suspicious mind has uncovered: the secret of 3143.m2ts.

bd copyright restrictions notice.JPG

az_raiden

I thought it might be in one of the longer playlists. Still, the big difference is it's not in every bad playlist, making it harder to find the good ones. :confused:

...and you were right in that the file is the same on all of the Atmos discs. I rechecked all of the discs, again, just to make sure. !trickery alert!

az_raiden

good news is we succeed to get correct playlist from each types of retail disk 8) 8)

But untill now we did not find the solution of remove the black screen when creating an image(ISO or whatever) using anydvdhd from original disk.I tried with original JAR folder(uploaded by other users here)repleacing the anydvdhd created JAR folder but still no luck,black screen always there :(

I want to know if we just copy those two folders BDMV and CERTIFICATE from the original disk to the hard disk(without anydvdhd running) and play with powerdvd14 from hard disk folders copied from originaldisk(powerdvd can play bluray from folder) what will be happen?same black screen appear?I do not have the original disk so I can't check it myself!

I want to know if we just copy those two folders BDMV and CERTIFICATE from the original disk to the hard disk(without anydvdhd running) and play with powerdvd14 from hard disk folders copied from originaldisk(powerdvd can play bluray from folder) what will be happen?same black screen appear?I do not have the original disk so I can't check it myself!

What will happen is that the copy protection will kick in ofcourse! Although you can use a simple filecopy on a BD to transfer the files, the player will simply refuse playback or show a copyright message and refuse playback because the protection hasn't been removed.

good news is we succeed to get correct playlist from each types of retail disk 8) 8)

But untill now we did not find the solution of remove the black screen when creating an image(ISO or whatever) using anydvdhd from original disk.I tried with original JAR folder(uploaded by other users here)repleacing the anydvdhd created JAR folder but still no luck,black screen always there :(

This may help, you can create a movie only with the correct playlist and remux it into a Blu-ray ISO container. This will play in Power DVD14.
Or you can use a free player like MPC-HC as I'm sure you know. :)

Note, if you created a protected ISO from the original disc, then AnyDVD HD will have to be running for TSMuxer to work. However once the new Blu-ray ISO is created with TSMuxer with the correct playlist, you don't have to have AnyDVD HD running, but it's always a good idea to have it running just in case the sound track is Cinavia enabled.

https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?63121-TSMuxer

Last edited:
What will happen is that the copy protection will kick in ofcourse! Although you can use a simple filecopy on a BD to transfer the files, the player will simply refuse playback or show a copyright message and refuse playback because the protection hasn't been removed.

I understood,thanks for pointed it out
well I don't know if it possible to remove the copy protection manually without anydvdhd running(no use of anydvd) so we can find which files are making black screen and differences from original.hard maybe.

This may help, you can create a movie only with the correct playlist and remux it into a Blu-ray ISO container. This will play in Power DVD14.
Or you can use a free player like MPC-HC as I'm sure you know. :)

Note, if you created a protected ISO from the original disc, then AnyDVD HD will have to be running for TSMuxer to work. However once the new Blu-ray ISO is created with TSMuxer with the correct playlist, you don't have to have AnyDVD HD running, but it's always a good idea to have it running just in case the sound track is Cinavia enabled.

https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?63121-TSMuxer

great tutorial,thank you 8) already saw it

but I want to get rid of black screen issue of full bluray copy :)

Last edited:
I understood,thanks for pointed it out
well I don't know if it possible to remove the copy protection manually without anydvdhd running(no use of anydvd) so we can find which files are making black screen and differences from original.hard maybe.

great tutorial,thank you 8) already saw it

but I want to get rid of black screen issue of full bluray copy :)

Yes, if we determine the correct playlist using Proc Mon + PowerDVD then creating a Movie ONLY backup is easy.

BUT, its the Full Disk Backup that is the problem

If there are multiple versions of the same Title which have different Playlists for the Movie, then I would think it will be difficult for Slysoft to replace the Java to select the correct one for all version for FULL DISK BACKUP.

If WE determine the correct Playlist for OUR disk then perhaps Slysoft could include a Textbox for us to enter that playlist before ripping.

If we leave the Textbox Blank, then ANYDVDHD supplies what it believes is the correct one.

Last edited by a moderator:
If WE determine the correct Playlist for OUR disk then perhaps Slysoft could include a Textbox for us to enter that playlist before ripping.

If we leave the Textbox Blank, then ANYDVDHD supplies what it believes is the correct one.

This is a great idea !! I hope Slysoft is listening and takes this into consideration.

How do you know SlySoft can't figure out which disc has which valid playlist? The non-Atmos master can be easily distinguished from the Atmos masters, and so far only two Atmos masters are known to exist in the U.S.; those two could be distinguished by comparing one or more playlists to the known valid M2TS order, which is the same for both (and presumably any other Atmos masters out there). Of course, there could also be other ways to tell.

Obviously, the black-screen issue (which occurs on my Best Buy Steelbook original disc with AnyDVD HD active) is different. I wonder if the BD-Java code is downloading the correct playlist number from Lionsgate? When testing with AnyDVD HD disabled, both PDVD 11 & TMT 6 start with the same 0:00 / 0:00 timescale as the black-screen when it locks up, but then shows a "Checking for updates" message before starting. Perhaps the BD-Java code is set to black-screen if AACS is missing without downloading, but if AACS is present it downloads the correct playlist number? (And if the code knows which disc is which, surely AnyDVD HD can also tell the difference.)

Last edited:
How do you know SlySoft can't figure out which disc has which valid playlist? The non-Atmos master can be easily distinguished from the Atmos masters, and so far only two Atmos masters are known to exist in the U.S.; those two could be distinguished by comparing one or more playlists to the known valid M2TS order, which is the same for both (and presumably any other Atmos masters out there). Of course, there could also be other ways to tell.

Obviously, the black-screen issue (which occurs on my Best Buy Steelbook original disc with AnyDVD HD active) is different. I wonder if the BD-Java code is downloading the correct playlist number from Lionsgate? When testing with AnyDVD HD disabled, both PDVD 11 & TMT 6 start with the same 0:00 / 0:00 timescale as the black-screen when it locks up, but then shows a "Checking for updates" message before starting. Perhaps the BD-Java code is set to black-screen if AACS is missing without downloading, but if AACS is present it downloads the correct playlist number? (And if the code knows which disc is which, surely AnyDVD HD can also tell the difference.)

Having AACS present is NO Guarantee the Java prog will select the correct playlist, it is more complex than that, and in fact if it were that easy then this type of protection would be useless and AnyDVD would have no problem always displaying the correct playlist.

This particular title was just an example, the suggestion was a general one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having AACS present is NO Guarantee the Java prog will select the correct playlist, it is more complex than that, and in fact if it were that easy then this type of protection would be useless and AnyDVD would have no problem always displaying the correct playlist.

This particular title was just an example, the suggestion was a general one.
Your post makes no sense. First, if AACS is present (and valid, of course) then why would the Java program NOT select the correct playlist? Obfuscation is only truly relevant if AACS is *NOT* present (i.e., AnyDVD HD is active).

Also, you assume AnyDVD HD can't tell the difference between different versions of the same title that have different valid playlists. Isn't that selling our favorite Antiguan programmers a bit short? :bang:

Your post makes no sense. First, if AACS is present (and valid, of course) then why would the Java program NOT select the correct playlist? Obfuscation is only truly relevant if AACS is *NOT* present (i.e., AnyDVD HD is active).

Also, you assume AnyDVD HD can't tell the difference between different versions of the same title that have different valid playlists. Isn't that selling our favorite Antiguan programmers a bit short? :bang:

You seem to just want to be confrontational.

Why do you think that there are problems with every new disk UNTIL the correct playlist is found, if all it needed was the let AACS be present and then BINGO the correct playlist is shown then the whole process would be automatic for ANYDVD.
In other words, there would never EVER be a disk that ANYDVD had a problem with (as far as Obfuscation was concerned).
We know that this is NOT the case.

As far as the inflammatory remakrk "selling our favorite Antiguan programmers a bit short" as you said, totally the opposite, that's the whole reason that Obfuscation works, it is VERY VERY difficult to present the correct input to the Java program so as to get the correct output. AACS + checksums + anything else they wish to check.

If you think its as easy as you think then OK, but why do you think that this is a topic that goes on and on.

I've studied this. This is my result. The java is loaded. Does not call any clipi or m2ts or mpls files. It simple disables the play function call thus black screen. Remember the movie pain and gain. Same thing....

You seem to just want to be confrontational.

Why do you think that there are problems with every new disk UNTIL the correct playlist is found, if all it needed was the let AACS be present and then BINGO the correct playlist is shown then the whole process would be automatic for ANYDVD.
In other words, there would never EVER be a disk that ANYDVD had a problem with (as far as Obfuscation was concerned).
We know that this is NOT the case.

As far as the inflammatory remakrk "selling our favorite Antiguan programmers a bit short" as you said, totally the opposite, that's the whole reason that Obfuscation works, it is VERY VERY difficult to present the correct input to the Java program so as to get the correct output. AACS + checksums + anything else they wish to check.

If you think its as easy as you think then OK, but why do you think that this is a topic that goes on and on.
You seem to have your AACS statuses reversed. In fact, AnyDVD HD removes AACS protection when active; thus if AACS is active (and valid) AnyDVD HD is not active, and vice versa. If the Java app finds valid AACS (no AnyDVD HD), it assumes it's on an original disc and coughs up the playlist. If it finds no valid AACS (AnyDVD HD is active), it provides an obfuscated playlist -- or in this case shuts down completely. Yes there may be additional validation steps now, but that does not change the app's basic operation -- only the criteria for "valid" vs. "not valid" copies.

My comment about you selling SlySoft short was based on your suggesting they have no way to tell the difference between different versions of a title, which is simply not true and has nothing to do with AACS. AnyDVD HD potentially has access to stuff on the disc (i.e., BD-ROM Mark) that almost no other software does, so only SlySoft people truly know what their software uses to distinguish between versions of this movie.

I've studied this. This is my result. The java is loaded. Does not call any clipi or m2ts or mpls files. It simple disables the play function call thus black screen. Remember the movie pain and gain. Same thing....
That's exactly what I was suggesting: If AACS is missing (because AnyDVD HD is active or it's a rip), this Java app shuts down playback entirely without suggesting any playlist (good or bad); OTOH, if AACS is present and valid (original disc) it provides the correct playlist. My suggestion was that, in the latter case, it could be getting the playlist number from the Internet so it's not in the Java code itself -- though that could complicate things for BD players not connected to the Internet.

Last edited:
Back