• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hunger Games - Mocking Jay DVD Issue

Richard Long

I have purchased a Hunger Games- Mocking Jay part 1 DVD (not HD) from Walmart.
When I try to rip directly using AnyDVD for decryption and handbrake for the formatting, it appears to work in like 2 seconds and gives me a 1K file that won't play. I've try to rip to harddisk using AnyDVD and then using handbrake pointed to the harddisk location, but I get the same results. I can rip other disks using this method just fine. I can also rip other tracks on this disk that contain previews and advertisements and such as well... just can't rip the main feature.
I've tried adjusting the video quality, and that didn't help. If I try from chapter 2 to the chapter at end of the feature, it will work, but obviously it skips the first chapter of the movie... so some sort of protection on Chapter 1 is causing it to fail.

Any ideas about what I can do to fix this?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.6.0_Info_D_THE_HUNGERGAMES_MOCKINGJAY_PT1.ziplog
    988.8 KB · Views: 1
I have purchased a Hunger Games- Mocking Jay part 1 DVD (not HD) from Walmart.
When I try to rip directly using AnyDVD for decryption and handbrake for the formatting, it appears to work in like 2 seconds and gives me a 1K file that won't play. I've try to rip to harddisk using AnyDVD and then using handbrake pointed to the harddisk location, but I get the same results. I can rip other disks using this method just fine. I can also rip other tracks on this disk that contain previews and advertisements and such as well... just can't rip the main feature.
I've tried adjusting the video quality, and that didn't help. If I try from chapter 2 to the chapter at end of the feature, it will work, but obviously it skips the first chapter of the movie... so some sort of protection on Chapter 1 is causing it to fail.

Any ideas about what I can do to fix this?
That is a 2 year old Handbrake issue.
The RED 2 issue with Handbrake is actually a problem with LibDVDNav. In Handbrake go to Tools > Options > Advanced > under DVD Reading check the "Disable LibDVDNav. (libdvdread will be used instead)" checkbox. Problem solved. Remember to switch it back when you're done.
Last edited by DrinkLyeAndDie; 15th December 2013 at 02:11.

Sorry. I tried searching the forums but didn't see that fix. I've tried that fix and it worked beautifully. Thanks again.

......but obviously it skips the first chapter of the movie... so some sort of protection on Chapter 1 is causing it to fail.
Don't be sorry for missing the fix.
But note that blaming AnyDVD for missing "protection" is not the best first play here.
Better to just ask your question than to assess blame.
-W

Back