• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hunger Games Catching Fire US Region - Unable to rip properly

Red-box version was released 3/7/2014. Slysoft has already acknowledged problem.

The Lead Developer just told you that there is no problem. Yet you persist?
You likely got a "tech support jockey with a canned script" that was confusing the EU issue (already patched) with your "issue".
The best, brightest, and latest tech support is right here - on this board.

-W

Last edited:
The Lead Developer just told you that there is no problem. Yet you persist?
You likely got a "tech support jockey with a canned script" that was confusing the EU issue (already patched) with your "issue".
The best, brightest, and latest tech support is right here - on this board.

-W

the same developer who said that that Copy protection never includes "errors"?

because they don't. The copy protection SIMULATES bad sectors, making it LOOK like there are errors where there arent any for DVD's. For blu-ray's its even simpler, BD's don't have a "bad sector protection" as it is called, get read errors with a BD in 99% of the cases its a faulty disc and the other 1% it's the drive.

@Clams: i give up, we're clearly not getting through into that brain of his. No point continuing this

@Clams: I give up, we're clearly not getting through into that brain of his. No point continuing this.

Agreed.
Fact is that he dug a nice hole early in, and has since been "twisting and parsing" both his words and those of others in order to stay above water.
If he won't take the word of the Lead Developer about something - it's game over.
Any further conversation would just be for the sport of using him as a "squeak-toy" - and I don't have the inclination to proceed in that direction.
-W

Dvds yes. Not bds ;-)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

because they don't. The copy protection SIMULATES bad sectors, making it LOOK like there are errors where there arent any for DVD's. For blu-ray's its even simpler, BD's don't have a "bad sector protection" as it is called, get read errors with a BD in 99% of the cases its a faulty disc and the other 1% it's the drive.

@Clams: i give up, we're clearly not getting through into that brain of his. No point continuing this

thats only one type of copy of protection!
it's real easy to gang up on someone isn't it!

Actually, a lot of the confusion started here:

resulting file has masked the actual movie when using AVS Video Cnverter (like I always do) main movie is replaced with previews and commentary for other movies

The first few replies to this post didn't quite "catch on" that he was not referring to an issue of "audio stream selection" - but rather AVS was deciding "on it's own" what to flag as the "movie" and was getting that part wrong. Therefore, a lot of the first few posts were in reply to a problem that was other than what he was describing. (Now, had he started his own thread, with a logfile, as prescribed by board policy - this would have likely been avoided)

We don't know why AVS is getting it wrong when Handbrake (with the setting mod), CloneDVD, PowerDVD and even DVDShrink are getting it right. Nor do we need have any further concern about it. Ample work-arounds were presented.

I'll further note that anytime I (rarely) convert a movie to another format. I always first rip the Main Movie out of the AnyDVD rip with Shrink (with no compression) and while I'm there I uncheck everything but the 5.1 audio stream. (Same can be done with CloneDVD) Then I usually force that 5.1 stream with Shrink for an extra measure.
This is a super fast step, as no conversion or compression processing is used. You get the pure, unadulterated movie only. (saving space too!)
Then, that resulting product can be converted (with or without extra compression) using almost any conversion tool known to man. The conversion software only has to convert now - all the other decisions were already made for it.

-W

Last edited:
The Hunger Games - Catching Fire

I was not able to rip this dvd with Clone DVD & AnyDvd. I used Shrink Dvd 3.2 & AnyDvd. I used the Re-Author Button of Shrink, clicked & dragged the main movie title from the right-side to the left-side under DVD and clicked the Backup Button. You can save the movie to your harddrive & browse for it through Clone Dvd.

I was not able to rip this dvd with Clone DVD & AnyDvd. I used Shrink Dvd 3.2 & AnyDvd. I used the Re-Author Button of Shrink, clicked & dragged the main movie title from the right-side to the left-side under DVD and clicked the Backup Button. You can save the movie to your harddrive & browse for it through Clone Dvd.

You need to rip the disc with AnyDVD to your hard drive first with this disc (right-click the fox icon in the Taskbar and select "Rip video to harddisk"). Then have Shrink open the ripped folder. Any time you have a disc with structural protection, you MUST rip first when using Shrink.

true but he did say he was unable to rip with cloneDVD2, which leads me to believe something else is going on

True but he did say he was unable to rip with cloneDVD2, which leads me to believe something else is going on.

EXACTLY.
His stated problem was with CloneDVD - not Shrink.
And that's why a logfile is required to see what's up.

-W

EXACTLY.
His stated problem was with CloneDVD - not Shrink.
And that's why a logfile is required to see what's up.

-W

Maybe, but I am always sceptical with those statements, especially with the next sentence of being able to with Shrink. If you can do the main movie in Shrink, you can do the main movie in CloneDVD.

Maybe, but I am always sceptical with those statements, especially with the next sentence of being able to with Shrink. If you can do the main movie in Shrink, you can do the main movie in CloneDVD.

Yes, that's typical.
Perhaps he used a different methodology from one to the other.
Either way - a logfile is required.

-W

I was able to rip a good copy of this, it took a while to figure out.
Using most current versions of course.

1. Use ANYDVD "Rip to Image" option and save to HDD.
2. Mount the DVD iso image using "Virtual CloneDrive"
3. Open Handbreake and change the following option.
Tools > Options > Advanced > DVD Reading > check the box to "Disable LibDVDNav".
4. Rip away

Tools > Options > Advanced > DVD Reading > check the box to "Disable LibDVDNav".
4. Rip away

Thanks for that, but it was posted on the first page of this thread

4. Rip away

You could have ripped to FOLDER and skipped a step I believe.
-W

Back