• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hunger Games Catching Fire US Region - Unable to rip properly

scampa12

Hi,

I've been unable to rip this movie after AnyDVD scans it. I typically use Handbrake to rip to a m4v but when it tries I only get a small clip. I've tried clicking the "default" button on AnyDVD. I even tried ripping to the hard drive and then using Handbrake...

This movie just came out today here in the US...

Can anyone help?

Thx!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.4.4.0_Info_E_The Hunger Games Catching Fire.ziplog
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 7.4.4.0, BDPHash.bin 14-02-26-B)
HL-DT-ST BD-REBH14NS40 1.00 N1A11A1K9CC4UN0630
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: The Hunger Games Catching Fire
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC

you need to set your drive hardware region

Having problems meaning...what exactly?

Error when ripping? What error?
Handbrake error? That's what the OP was using.
CloneDVD?

resulting file has masked the actual movie when using AVS Video Cnverter like I always do main movie is replaced with previews and commentary for other movies

Then you're simply picking the wrong audio track in avs. Your problem is not related to anydvd

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Hi,

I've been unable to rip this movie after AnyDVD scans it. I typically use Handbrake to rip to a m4v but when it tries I only get a small clip. I've tried clicking the "default" button on AnyDVD. I even tried ripping to the hard drive and then using Handbrake...

This movie just came out today here in the US...

Can anyone help?

Thx!

I saw this as a solution when using Handbrake:

(disabling libDVDNav during the rip from the Advanced tab of Handbrake's Options Menu)

I was having issues where after ripping to hard drive, handbreak would complete after .1% of the file was processed. In handbrake try going to tools, options advanced and disable libdvdnav. Worked for me (US Region 1).

resulting file has masked the actual movie when using AVS Video Cnverter like I always do main movie is replaced with previews and commentary for other movies

Are you ripping with AnyDVD first and using the ripped folder to process with AVS? If not, you probably will need to. This disc probably has structural protection and AVS may not be able to handle it "on the fly" straight from the disc.

Going on what Ch3vr0n said, the Director's Commentary and Extras are usually AC-3/2 files, while the main movie is AC-3/6. This is not set in stone, but is usual. Don't know how you pick the audio in AVS, but see if these types are there.

Last edited:
Are you ripping with AnyDVD first and using the ripped folder to process with AVS? If not, you probably will need to. This disc probably has structural protection and AVS may not be able to handle it "on the fly" straight from the disc.

Going on what Ch3vr0n said, the Director's Commentary and Extras are usually AC-3/2 files, while the main movie is AC-3/6. This is not set in stone, but is usual. Don't know how you pick the audio in AVS, but see if these types are there.
I am creating a folder using anydvd and then accessing with avs, the problem is with anydvd not removing some sort of protection, it is a new movie and i always see this when a major title is released, then a few weeks later anydvd solves the problem via update i might try using dvd shrink to see if i can fix i just dont really like compressing/re encoding videos more than necessary, i feel like deteriorates the quality.

Last edited:
the problem is with anydvd not removing some sort of protection, it is a new movie and i always see this when a major title is released, then a few weeks later

Well I'm glad a brand new board member has it "all figured out". Heh.
Rip this one to folder with AnyDVD and then you can process that folder with anything usually.
I did that and then ripped the main movie out of the folder with DVDShrink (no compression = no change)
No problems here at all.
-W
PS: Real troubles? Never weeks. Hours, or worst case days if a disk has to be over-nighted to James)

Last edited:
Well I'm glad a brand new board member has it "all figured out". Heh.
Rip this one to folder with AnyDVD and then you can process that folder with anything usually.
I did that and then ripped the main movie out of the folder with DVDShrink (no compression = no change)
No problems here at all.
-W
PS: Real troubles? Never weeks. Hours, or worst case days if a disk has to be over-nighted to James)

I might be a new member, but it is your assumption that I am new to this process. FYI the first thing I always do is rip a DVD to folder with AnyDVD!
I don't claim to know everything, but don't insult my intelligence or be so quick to blame the software I use other than Slysoft! For "Hunger Games Catching Fire" the movie itself is un-accesable for AVS. I have in the past delt with DVDs that when they are ripped switch the languages, there is a problem with the complete removal of protections from this DVD. whether AnyDVD gueranties complete removal I am unsure, but you have not really helped. I checked the entire list of files and the main movie is un-accesable by normal means. perhapse there is a work around that I am unaware of, but I am not a novice!
PS "no compression = no change" is this true for re-authoring? (this advise was helpful)

Last edited:
No there isn't. You yourself said you were using handbrake and you got the wrong audio. Anydvd does not touch the audio like that. It simply rips / decrypts. YOU picked the wrong audio stream in avs that resulted in directors comments. You need to pick another audio stream

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC Sensation met Tapatalk

No there isn't. You yourself said you were using handbrake and you got the wrong audio. Anydvd does not touch the audio like that. It simply rips / decrypts. YOU picked the wrong audio stream in avs that resulted in directors comments. You need to pick another audio stream

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC Sensation met Tapatalk

? are you serious? you need to read who posted what comment!
I never used handbrake!

I saw this as a solution when using Handbrake:

(disabling libDVDNav during the rip from the Advanced tab of Handbrake's Options Menu)

This *seems* to be working for me. (Ripping now)

It seems the libDVDNav setting is used to determine how AnyDVD will navigate the DVD structure, and is the old-way this was done in AnyDVD. I'm glad to see they left an option to still use it, it's obviously helping in this case. I wish I knew about it before!

Thanks for the info.

? are you serious? you need to read who posted what comment!
I never used handbrake!

Op did, must have mixed you up. That being said, you must have picked the wrong sound track in avs.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Just a quick shout out of thanks to the moderators and developers for the patience and actions here. I already had 7.4.4 and happen to always rip to image but the HB LibDVDNav option fix solved my problem with two titles bought yesterday: "Hunger Games Catching Fire" and "Enders Game". Would add that these titles have "issues" when played directly on the HTPC. Seems the squirrel-ly, convoluted path through multiple "titles" tries to avoid you skipping the previews. Hitting "Menu" when the original DVD starts does not play the movie after selecting it but instead takes you back to previews if you have not watched them all the way through. Thanks for all you do to make our life easier and more fulfilled with "online" movie collections. Pray the day of optical release does not end soon; as it surely seems headed that way.

Tried 7.4.4.1 beta with handbrake and still won't work

Using latest version of handbrake, seems like it wants to start but immediately goes to queuing finished and all I get is a 4kb file.

Any suggestions.

Been using AnyDVD for over 2 years and this is the first disc I have come across that won't rip. That's a pretty good track record...

Now Good

Oops, missed the first page of this thread, set the (disabling libDVDNav during the rip from the Advanced tab of Handbrake's Options Menu) and it worked.

Thanks

Back