Hulu Video capped at 720p and Audio Locked down to stereo. Is there anything I can do?

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by digitalone, Nov 24, 2021 at 3:01 PM.

1. digitalone

digitalone Well-Known Member

I recently upgraded to AS Plus 1.2.5.0. I have never used AS Plus before but have used the non plus version to download content from Amazon Prime with great success. I have a hulu with ads subscription and wanted to add it to my content so I upped and purchased AS Plus.

I have been downloaded various content and I noticed a trend was to block any resolution higher than 720p and not allow any 1080p content. Additional thing I noticed right off the bat was that none of the audio choices were available. Every content I download is stuck around 68 to 77 kbps AAC-SBR stereo. This all happens with any content even hulu originals which are at least dd+ 5.1 and 1080p while streaming. I have a show for example called Wild Crime and season 1 episode 1 which were locked down to a specific resolution an audio option. The 1280 x 720 seems to be the best I can select and I am attaching a pic to show the rest. Audio is not only locked but quite low. If this is how hulu works in AS then please let me know otherwise I would like to try and fix what is happening. I am attaching a log file as well. I know some content due to source limitations is locked to a lower res and audio such as St. Elsewhere. That is why I opted to use a hulu original file as my test case since they are generally higher quality sound and video.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Sally Leon

Sally Leon Well-Known Member

Unfortunately both Hulu and Disney+ cap at 720p on windows browsers

digitalone likes this.
  3. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

You can't compare AnyStream navigation with a full featured browser, yes they both get capped at 720p, but the reasons why are different.

4. Sally Leon

The reason is the same, it’s widevine L3. You can only get higher res on Safari on Mac and the native apps

5. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

Whatever the reason is, that falls under technical details not discussed on this forum.

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  6. Sally Leon

Lmao. You bring up something just to be pedantic, and then resort to this. Yikes

7. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

You again, no. Those are standing orders by forum admins. Like it or not, that's the way it is. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

whatever_gong82 likes this.