• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion HULU via VPN - Seems Like The Party Is Over

zanetti

Well, it looks like HULU has started blocking Nord VPN servers, I never had troubles or any issues before (subtitles not downloading, queue crashing due to searching while downloading, weird resolutions etc), for more than 6 months. Yesterday I opened AS, switched to HULU tab, clicked on download and got the message 'requires payment'. Ok, I mustve stumbled upon SHO or CINE something, let me log out and check. I cant log in. Opened browser, tried to log in, nope says 'HULU not available in your region'. Ruh-roh, WTF? Ok, switched VPN server and rolled windows clock back 6 hours, figured they also check regional settings in browser. In the meantime let me check TubiTV which worked only once via VPN since moving from US (even bought competitor's module for Tubi, but despite every other provider working both here and there, stupid TubiTV always knew I was on VPN... I mean, effing Tubi of all, lol).

Anyways, surprise. Tubi opened and I can play stuff. WOOHOO. Back to HULU. Logged in just fine, both in browser and AS, queued like 300 downloads, every single one went fine. Ok, Ive figured it out. Cool beans. Woke up today, same server, I was already logged in, queued a few seasons, all works without a hitch. Went to town, to the store, ate lunch, put kids to sleep, took a nap, woke up and decided to snag a few more from HULU. Open VPN, select same server, open AS, already logged in, clicked download and... RUH-ROH! 'required payment'. Oh, sheeeeit. Quickly, open browser, already logged in, clicked play and... 'you are using VPN'.

Sheeeeeit. I guess the party is over. I quickly connected via random server, and it works for now, but having in mind that these problems never, ever occured in the past, Im guessing Nord is hit and miss from now with HULU. BTW, I have ads sub over at HULU, and everything works fine. I cant remember was it HULU or MAX that needs noads sub to work with AS. Anyways, I doubt it matters since Im now getting distinct 'you are using VPN' messages in browser.

Just a heads up. If this is wrong subforum, mods feel free to move it.

This is only the beginning, VPN IPs are being blocked by other providers also, and in my experience, HBO is also doing it.

IN the next two months, I am going to try something different through my router which has the possibility to emulate a VPN with the already installed OpenVPN software. I will keep you updated.

This is only the beginning, VPN IPs are being blocked by other providers also, and in my experience, HBO is also doing it.
dont hex me, bro! ive been using VPN for AP US, MAX, HULU & P+ for almost a year now and ive never been nowhere near blocked. AP GER on the other hand was the most brutal, immediate block. ive always known the party will eventually come to an end, but hey. it is their loss. 15$ for MAX, 8$ for HULU, same for P+... they dont want my moneys, and then some when i forget to unsub? HA-HA-HA, the joke is on them!!! anyways, ill tell that to myself once its over for real across the board. lol.

Proxy time.....

AP Germany....never had a problem, but it's got to the point that most any show worth grabbing is now limited to German only audio.
AP Japan was one of the first to offer "Cold Case" but surprise..they burnt in subs....eventually, they are going to stop it no matter how.

From my experience vpn providers are routing traffic to some services (HULU being the main one) behind the scenes though residential IP's.

They are clearly changing IP's and trying to manage the traffic so those IP's don't get banned so my advice would be to always download in real time and don't queue up loads of downloads. I have seen situations where the VPN provider has basically banned me from accessing through those special IP's because I went to hard.

I slowed down and all has been fine since so just my two cents.

Can always rent a cheap cloud VM and run OpenVPN on it. Little bit more expensive than a VPN service maybe but probably would get around whatever checks they put in place.

Can always rent a cheap cloud VM and run OpenVPN on it. Little bit more expensive than a VPN service maybe but probably would get around whatever checks they put in place.

Wont work for HULU, would be fine for discovery+ and max. HULU block all commercial IP's and only allow residential IP's

to always download in real time and don't queue up loads of downloads.
i just used all my tokens. twice in the past week or so. for the first time since 500 were introduced. all on HULU via VPN. of course, not all at once, but like 200 downloads at unlimited (which on VPN translates to 20MB/s on the upper and like 5MB/s on the lower end) at a time. all went well. and ill keep switching servers until... then ill cancel. they dont want my moneys? FINE. *throws the napkin and angrily walks away from the dinning table mumbling 'who needs them, f 'em, f DRM, bunch of leeches, %$5&*(}$#'

Back