• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not a RedFox Issue Hulu update - As of today new TV-shows episodes at 720p

SCChi

I just noticed that new episodes (eg station19, grey's anatomy) have a 720p resolution. Episodes from last week for the same TV-shows until yesterday were (and are still are) HD.

Station19 is a tv-show on firefighters

I agree Redfox1 with your screenshots for season 1and for season 6 (station19) or season 19 (Grey's Anatomy) when downloaded as a batch.
However for last episodes I noticed the following:
Greys' Anatomy: Season 19 Episode 18 is at 1080p (downloaded last week). Episode 19 and 20 are at 720p (available today).
Station19: Season 6 Episode 17 is at 1080p (downloaded last week). Episode 18 is at 720p (available today).
1684506793628.png

1684506793643.png

I do not know if it is temporary (it happened in the past) or if it is due to DRM changes. I wanted to provide an update as of today. I will check again tomorrow to check if it is temporary (ie coming from Hulu)

There have been no DRM changes and from the manifest 1080p in all episodes of Station 19. Now Greys Anatomy, just the last episode is 720p, there is no 1080p to request. This is a change from Hulu, we can only download what they make available to view.

Taking into account that this was just made available last night, let's give it a week or so and see if they make a 1080p version available. If this was a DRM issue, you wouldn't be able to download it at all, 720p is still HD, not FHD but it's not something that they would let slide by if they changed the DRM. ;)

Great advice and thank you on DRM information.
Just a note, there is a relatively new movie " White Men Cant Jump" 2023 (remake) at is available in 4K, this would not be happening if any DRM changes were made. Thanks for your understanding. I will look into the greys Amatomy 1080p issue further.

Just an FYI, but the Simpsons and Bob's Burgers from last night also have this issue.

Steve

Add HouseBroken and The Great North to that list too ;)
We are currently looking into it. Personally, I find Hulu and Disneys 720p to be much better than other providers 720p. Granted my TV is not a 5,000 rig, but I can't absolutely tell that 720p on these two providers' pictures, is better than most.

We are currently looking into it. Personally, I find Hulu and Disneys 720p to be much better than other providers 720p. Granted my TV is not a 5,000 rig, but I can't absolutely tell that 720p on these two providers' pictures, is better than most.

Disney, yes (imagine what 1080p there is like :p) but hulu is very bitrate-starved on 720p AVC, and for tv shows since 19th May, that seems to be the only option again...

Disney, yes (imagine what 1080p there is like :p) but hulu is very bitrate-starved on 720p AVC, and for tv shows since 19th May, that seems to be the only option again...
I will get together with our developer at our next meeting and bring this up, I do apologize for this inconvenience.:(

Taking into account that 1080p in Hulu was sort of an extra, and its still there for anything before May 19th, I am sure we will do all we can to enable it.

Seems "normal service" has been partially restored: Bob's = HEVC/1080p, Simpsons = HEVC/1080p, Great North = HEVC/1080p, HouseBroken = HEVC/1080p, Station 19 = HEVC/1080p; only problem is Grey's E19 that remains AVC/720p, E20 = HEVC/1080p 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Back