• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

hulu 'skipped'

Status
Not open for further replies.

terminaltrip421

I'm grateful that at least for now compatibility with another provider has been added and outside of inference given the name "anystream" we weren't promised anything. but I'm still going to be "that guy" and say I'm incredibly upset that disney+ was the next service added. I get that situations differ so the fact that I have hdcp1+2 setups that make anystream inferior is not necessarily relatable but disney+'s catalog is considerably smaller in the US and most of it is readily available from scene and p2p releases in superior to anystream quality. and yeah disney+ being the service benefits non-us customers more presuming it has star+ or whatever functionality. they essentially get hulu.

granted I was fairly convinced the devs were simply resting on a presumed popularity of the initial product - which is a fear that could have been assuaged with communication - and so I would say given the continued lack of communication and the gap between releases that it's not unfair to continue to make that assumption.

and yes as I mentioned I could capture the streams but the reason I purchased the software was so I wouldn't have to given the time and effort investment as well as the other logistics like bandwidth's potential impact on capture quality.

if you add 1080p hulu functionality I'll be grabbing another license. I had wanted to as I have 3 computers running non-stop anyway and wanted to try and get some additional prime region accounts but couldn't justify it when as far as I know hulu won't be added. 1080p disney+ would have been useful as I do have an account and I'm certain there's some stuff release groups haven't gotten to but as stated in it's current form it's not and it never would have been as useful as hulu which already has a laundry list of things I need to grab many of which are potentially time sensitive with NBC's imminent withdrawl from hulu.

I can only assume they picked D+, is because that's a global streaming service. Hulu isn't, afaik that's US only. Now as to suggesting hulu as a provider, topic locked. Please use the dedicated sticky for that. For info, hulu is already on the suggestion list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back