• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Hulu: "My Stuff" and Search for "24"

Drew2u

Question: I saw a thread about Hulu here in the forums from February 2023 that mentioned "My Stuff", the user's custom list of saved titles. I didn't want to hijack that thread to ask, but where do you find the "My Stuff" titles in Hulu in AnyStream? When I scroll down the page for Hulu in AnyStream, I don't see any rows for "My Stuff" on either of my 2 Hulu profiles, both of which have titles added to My Stuff via the full Hulu web site. I'm wondering if I'm just overlooking it?

Search Limitation? When I search Hulu in AnyStream for the series "24" (with just those 2 characters) there are no results. To see this series, I had to search for "24 Legacy" or "Jack Bauer" and then "24" the series showed up in the results. (Searching for "24" on the Hulu web site does return that series.) I can't think of any other short-series names like 24 but just wanted to share in case anyone else comes across this.

Note: Logs are attached.

Thanks.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.5.2.5 (2023-03-24 ).astlog
    163.3 KB · Views: 0
Hulu doesn't search in numbers. It searches in letters only. But you can search by actors, even partial names and you will get a good result. 24 is an oddball search. Sure there are other programs that just have numbers, but if you know what you want to watch you can find it.
I can't think of any other short-series names like 24
As you said. True enough.

Thanks for the quick answer RedFox. "24" is definitely a unique case!

Any guidance you can share on how I can see a row for "My Stuff" in Hulu? Thanks again.

Thanks for the quick answer RedFox. "24" is definitely a unique case!

Any guidance you can share on how I can see a row for "My Stuff" in Hulu? Thanks again.
There are about 15 different categories in The Hulu app on AnyStream, My Stuff is not one of them.

Just a note that you may enjoy- "The Boston Strangler" fairly new to Hulu is in 4K if you like that sort of stuff.

Darn - that other thread misled me because the thread author kept referring to "My Stuff" in Hulu... So ... maybe I can turn this into a feature-request to someday add "My Stuff" on the Hulu page? :giggle: I know there's lots of other things in the work way in front of this, but that would make my use of Hulu profiles perfect, with a Monday profile, Tuesday profile, etc, for my daily captures! 🙏

I haven't seen or heard of The Boston Strangler, so I'll look that up! I'm finally only getting around to "24" so you can see... I'm a bit behind! :LOL:

Thanks as always for the quick responses!

Darn - that other thread misled me because the thread author kept referring to "My Stuff" in Hulu... So ... maybe I can turn this into a feature-request to someday add "My Stuff" on the Hulu page? :giggle: I know there's lots of other things in the work way in front of this, but that would make my use of Hulu profiles perfect, with a Monday profile, Tuesday profile, etc, for my daily captures! 🙏

I haven't seen or heard of The Boston Strangler, so I'll look that up! I'm finally only getting around to "24" so you can see... I'm a bit behind! :LOL:

Thanks as always for the quick responses!
I will absolutely bring it up, to be honest, I never missed it as I do not use the actual Hulu site, but I guess it would be a helpful thing to have, what I do is google "new stuff on Hulu" and I choose what I want and then download it if I think I will ever watch it again. ;) No problem Ill ask the developers about it for you.

Thanks RedFox - much appreciated!!!! :)

I do a similar thing, but in "reverse"(?) where I look at the list of what's about to leave a streamer, then I capture them before they're gone - because you never know if they'll stream again (or might go to a site like Tubi and be stuffed with ads - the worst!). But I've had to those via search, for the most part, so having a "My Stuff" list would let me pre-populate it from the web site so I can build a queue for unattended downloading in AS -- convenience x 100!

And in my case, the "daily" profile I mentioned is for new episodes from the night before on broadcast TV (generally ABC, Fox, and Freeform in the US) so I grab those "next day" after they air. Sometimes I find them in the "Continue Watching" row after scrolling down, but sometimes not.... So that's how I'd use Profiles + a My Stuff row: for example, on Tuesday, change profile to "Tuesday" and there in the My Stuff row are my series that were broadcast on Monday, ready for me to grab the latest episode. (I'm lazy, I know!) :lol:

Thanks again. Fingers crossed we'll see My Stuff in a future beta and I'll be all over it to test! :)

Most of the other AnyStream apps have that feature, but if I remember correctly there was a reason it was not enabled, I just cant remember the reason right now, I know if you are watching something they have a category that asks you if you want to continue it, like I was watching "Piggy" but I fell asleep and didn't finish it so they have a " Continue Watching" or Most popular and many others.

Hulu.jpg

Back