• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ Solved] Hulu Movies Greyed Out In Anystream

The issue is still present in the just-released 1.2.9.0 for me.

RedFox 1: Can you confirm if the developers are able to replicate this issue and if it's being worked on?

I'd post a log, but I'm not even sure what would be logged... it's not like there's anything being downloaded.

Could it have something to do with what tier of Hulu you have? Are there two or more levels? I wonder because I have the same issue as the OP.

I have regular Hulu with no ads. I don't have Hulu Live or whatever it's called.

Anyway, I don't think "tier" is really the issue. The stuff that's grayed out in AnyStream, I'm able to watch no problem through Hulu on my TV or in a web browser. It's content that is available to me through my subscription, it's just grayed out in AnyStream for some reason.

Could it have something to do with what tier of Hulu you have? Are there two or more levels? I wonder because I have the same issue as the OP.

This is because there are 2 levels (3 I guess if you count Ad level). But I know for sure (because I checked) that if you have the now lower tier of Hulu where some things are not available, AS will grey out some stuff you DO have access to.

Not ideal but for those looking for an actual workaround - if you have a movie thats grayed out that you can actually watch on Hulu. Play the movie jump ahead a bit on a browser so it gets into your "continue watching" - then you'll see it ungrayed in that section on the AS app. Just an FYI.

This is because there are 2 levels (3 I guess if you count Ad level). But I know for sure (because I checked) that if you have the now lower tier of Hulu where some things are not available, AS will grey out some stuff you DO have access to.

How does AS know what subscription level you have? If something is not greyed out on the Hulu app or on a web browser then it should not be greyed out on AS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not ideal but for those looking for an actual workaround - if you have a movie thats grayed out that you can actually watch on Hulu. Play the movie jump ahead a bit on a browser so it gets into your "continue watching" - then you'll see it ungrayed in that section on the AS app. Just an FYI.

drama, I have to thank you. This worked like a charm. I have gone a couple of months trying to figure out the greyed out problem. Did as you said and I am back in business.

drama, I have to thank you. This worked like a charm. I have gone a couple of months trying to figure out the greyed out problem. Did as you said and I am back in business.
You're welcome! I just noticed movies flipping in and out of gray state and was trying to figure out why.

I just tried this, and while the movie did show up "ungreyed" in the Keep Watching list in AnyStream, unfortunately I still could now download it. I clicked on the movie and it opened the typical "Downloadable Item(s)" window, but then when I clicked the "Download" button, it popped up with an error window that said "Couldn't retrieve playlist. The title may not be available or requires payment. Check the log for details."

I should note that I was literally able to watch it two minutes earlier in Hulu through a web browser (moved ahead to the middle of the movie, then paused it and logged out on the web browser). I'm also able to watch it without issues through the Hulu app on my ShieldTV. So it's definitely available to me through my Hulu plan.

Last edited:
That is not a logfile, thats a debug log and is problematic in 2 ways

1. it creates hotlinks to the streaming providers (see the 3rd last line)
2. It's incomplete information. The only proper logfile is via Menu > create logfile.

That is not a logfile, thats a debug log and is problematic in 2 ways

1. it creates hotlinks to the streaming providers (see the 3rd last line)
2. It's incomplete information. The only proper logfile is via Menu > create logfile.
OK, I have deleted my previous comment. I will try to generate a proper logfile.

Well, that figures... I just tried it again and it worked!

I swear to god I did the same exact thing 5 times previously and it got the same error message every time.

I also have the issue of movies being greyed out. If I open with a web browser or android app, I can play the movie fine. But the same movie is greyed out in AnyStream. Hulu says I can play it, AnySteam says I do not have access to it. That is the real issue.

I also have the issue of movies being greyed out. If I open with a web browser or android app, I can play the movie fine. But the same movie is greyed out in AnyStream. Hulu says I can play it, AnySteam says I do not have access to it. That is the real issue.

Yes it is annoying, but a workaround has been discussed in a few topics on Hulu (including this one) where you go to a browser and start playing the movie and skip part way into the movie (maybe 10 minutes or so). Then go back to AS and F5 refresh the Hulu tab and the movie will show up in Continue Watching and you will be able to download it. :)

Any Stream Plus Version 1.3.0 USA Movies for You still greyed out in Hulu.

Nice find! Worked for me just fine too. Although anything Hulu is still pretty limited IMO until the audio is fixed from only stereo (the resolution preferably too.. but I don't mind the 720 for now). Thanks for pointing this out.

Admittedly I have a low subscription to Hulu but all the ones greyed out on mine says "Not available with your subscription in Red."

Back