• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Hulu DRM change?

mustangdmg

I wanted to download Mayans MC's 5th season, first 2 episodes. but 1st episode is 640x360 HEVC and 2nd episode is 1920x1080 but only in AVC, in 68 Kbps audio. The settings are all over place. did Hulu change their DRM? All the episodes in the first 4 seasons are 1920x1080 HEVC.

I don't believe there is any change. The episode of Dave that dropped today is good to go. I saw something similar happen with S03E08 of Dave last week and it was corrected after a few days. My guess is it is some weirdness behind the scenes at Hulu.

I wanted to download Mayans MC's 5th season, first 2 episodes. but 1st episode is 640x360 HEVC and 2nd episode is 1920x1080 but only in AVC, in 68 Kbps audio. The settings are all over place. did Hulu change their DRM? All the episodes in the first 4 seasons are 1920x1080 HEVC.
Change the Codec from HEVC to AVC in the dropdown box in Hulu and you have 1080p restored in Season 5 Episodes 1 and 2 of the Mayans. ;) This is fairly normal for different episodes of a show that has many seasons on Hulu. You have 1080p in both Episodes in Season 5 of Episodes 1 and 2 in 1080p, both AVC codecs, the sound is what it is. We can only download what Hulu makes available to their customers, Hulu is not a provider for video and audiophiles, it's for people that want to watch the movie on a streaming. service. People that are not satisfied with the quality of a streaming service should buy the Bluray disc. Thats where you will get the best picture and sound.

Last edited:
Except this is a anystream issue The audio is available is ddp 5.1 on episode 2 its just anystream isnt finding it

Except this is a anystream issue The audio is available is ddp 5.1 on episode 2 its just anystream isnt finding it
That's nice, maybe one day Hulu will make it available for us to download, as for now it's not available on the manifest.

Ok if you say it isn't I guess we should take your word for it but since I rip it from there I know its there its just any stream isn't seeing it

Ok if you say it isn't I guess we should take your word for it but since I rip it from there I know its there its just any stream isn't seeing it
Okay. Have a nice evening. I will leave this thread now. ;)

You also I was trying to report a problem with the add-on but I guess it offended you that there is a issue

You also I was trying to report a problem with the add-on but I guess it offended you that there is a issue
You didn't offend me, you know it so it must be true. You rip it correct? So why even use AnyStream? If you say so, I guess it must be true right;)

You didn't offend me, you know it so it must be true. You rip it correct? So why even use AnyStream? If you say so, I guess it must be true right;)
Where is his log file?
00:00:35.061 - [Warning] [hulu] Audio codec EC3 possibly not available, retrying with AAC...
00:00:35.506 - [Debug] [download configuration] Audio keys:
00:00:35.506 - [Debug] [download configuration] en
00:00:35.507 - [Debug] [download configuration] Adding item '68 kbps AAC-SBR stereo' for ''English' : en : stereo : gen0_196429522.add : 68235 : mp4a.40.5' v I don't see any DD+ for that episode!

Where is his log file?
00:00:35.061 - [Warning] [hulu] Audio codec EC3 possibly not available, retrying with AAC...
00:00:35.506 - [Debug] [download configuration] Audio keys:
00:00:35.506 - [Debug] [download configuration] en
00:00:35.507 - [Debug] [download configuration] Adding item '68 kbps AAC-SBR stereo' for ''English' : en : stereo : gen0_196429522.add : 68235 : mp4a.40.5' v I don't see any DD+ for that episode!
He didn't leave one because he knew it all from ripping it.:giggle:

I watched both episodes on Hulu last night and yes, DD+ is available for both episodes. That really doesn’t mean anything though as there is content available on services that AS cannot address (i.e 4K, Atmos, etc) due to technical reasons or choice. It may get fixed and it may not, but it is on the Hulu side. If it bothers you that much just watch it on the actual service.

Back