• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Huge Problem with AMD GPUS

wedok

Hi,

i have a huge problem with amd gpus.

when i playback 23,976 fps or 25 fps movies (no matter which codec, etc) it starts getting "jerky" after a while.
i can reproduce this by hitting play/pause in mpc-hc and dvbviewer so long till video starts playing "jerky" and then it continues playing jerky all the time till i hit pause/play again.
when it plays smooth again it needs 5-30 minutes and then it gets jerky again.

on my main desktop machine i dont use dxva and i fixed it with an avisynth script:

ChangeFPS(FrameRate * 2)

but i have a small amd c-50 / hd 6250 as bed tv and on this machine i am forced to use dxva so i cant use a ffdshow avisynth script.

since reclock works with dxva would it be possible to add this "ChangeFPS" fix for ati/amd gpus to reclock ?
the gpu must think that video has 48/50fps to run and STAY smooth.
it is a huge bug in amds driver and no chance to get this fixed by amd.
i tried it several times to get support and in their forums some years ago.
of course i tried all options in driver "enforce smooth playback,etc" but nothing helped.
maybe even news os drivers are affected as well.

i used several amd/ati gpus in the last 10 years on different computers and all do the same.

the only way i can fix this on my small c-50 machine and use dxva is by enabling double rate deinterlacing in my decoder but then it deinterlaces progressive material and shows huge deinterlacing artefacts. i can live with it but beautiful looking video is history then. :)

i hope that somebody understands my problem.

an option like:

[x] ATI/AMD Single Rate Fix.

when input is faster than 25fps then this option is ignored.

similar to "(FrameRate < 25.001) ? ChangeFPS(FrameRate * 2)" in avisynth.

thanks

Last edited:
Try mpc-madvr this will fix your jerky problem. I run r series ati card on amd board. Use the 32bit version. Use lav audio and video filters. Third party forums ultimate htpc post has tons of videos on these programs.

madvr works bad in dvbviewer and also doenst allow dxva1.
btw. i use xp's "system default renderer" on a secondary screen (50hz).
avi with 25fps = stutter. same avi with fake 50fps [ChangeFPS(FrameRate * 2)] = smooth all the time.

maybe its a problem of the renderer and happens with other gpus as well.

the question is if reclock is able to do a "(FrameRate < 25.001) ? ChangeFPS(FrameRate * 2)" at the end of the graph ?
maybe for ntsc user "FrameRate < 30.001".
if yes, it would be fantastic if it gets such an option *dream*.

if there are any plans to implement it then let the user decide between "ChangeFPS and "ConvertFPS"
ChangeFPS is for "smooth motion" Displays and "ConvertFPS" is for non smooth motion Displays and makes the video a lil bit smoother and flickers less.

i also think that its not only amd related.

thx.

Back