Hue change

Discussion in 'CloneBD' started by chromaburst, Nov 10, 2020.

1. chromaburst

chromaburst Active Member

I have tried the "try out" version of Clone BD.
    I thought I would see how it was when converting 4K Blu Ray.
    I tried converting Top Gun 4K to 1080 MKV 264.
    The result is fine except for one very disturbing error, a Hue change.
    This is not a massive change but is definatley wrong.
    I have tried the competition version and all is fine.
    (I only mention this because it gives a comparison so as to rule out other things)

I also have tried Clone BD some time ago with Blade Runner 2049 with the same results.
    Can anybody help.

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

You'll need to provide a CloneBD logfile before anyone will be able to assist you. Also what's your playback method/gear?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

3. chromaburst

It doesent matter what player I use the result is the same, this includes external hardware players, this only happens with Clone BD, the error is in the encoding settings within the encode engine.
    I cant see a log being any help but if you tell me how to get the log and at what point it needs to be generated I will do that.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

It may not matter to you, but it may matter to the developers in terms of diagnostic and reproduction. As to the logfile, when the encode is done, you'll see 2 buttons above the statistics summary. You click the one that says 'create logfile' and you attach it here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

whatever_gong82 and Aeneas72 like this.
  5. chromaburst

I have attached the log.

BTW I am not the only one that has realised this issue with Clone BD.

Attached Files:

6. Fahzuu

Fahzuu Well-Known Member

This is actually a side effect of downconverting HDR content to SDR without hardware acceleration.
    Since the computationals demands on that are huge, there is only a rather simple color conversion in effect when doing this with CPU only.

You'd need an nVidia GTX 1050 or higher, then conversion speed would be a lot higher and the HDR->SDR conversion more accurate.

Intel acceleration for UHD is not yet implemented.

7. chromaburst

Problem with that explanation is that other s/w I have used does not do this.

It goes without saying that I have tried this on different PC's.

The Hue change is not massive but is very annoying.

I think I probably wont get a resolution to this, as I say, its only a trial version so havnt paid for it so not a problem.

Thanks for help.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020