• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hue change

chromaburst

I have tried the "try out" version of Clone BD.
I thought I would see how it was when converting 4K Blu Ray.
I tried converting Top Gun 4K to 1080 MKV 264.
The result is fine except for one very disturbing error, a Hue change.
This is not a massive change but is definatley wrong.
I have tried the competition version and all is fine.
(I only mention this because it gives a comparison so as to rule out other things)

I also have tried Clone BD some time ago with Blade Runner 2049 with the same results.
Can anybody help.

You'll need to provide a CloneBD logfile before anyone will be able to assist you. Also what's your playback method/gear?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

It doesent matter what player I use the result is the same, this includes external hardware players, this only happens with Clone BD, the error is in the encoding settings within the encode engine.
I cant see a log being any help but if you tell me how to get the log and at what point it needs to be generated I will do that.

Last edited:
It may not matter to you, but it may matter to the developers in terms of diagnostic and reproduction. As to the logfile, when the encode is done, you'll see 2 buttons above the statistics summary. You click the one that says 'create logfile' and you attach it here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I have attached the log.

BTW I am not the only one that has realised this issue with Clone BD.

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.9.0.Top Gun.cbdlog
    278.8 KB · Views: 2
BTW I am not the only one that has realised this issue with Clone BD.
This is actually a side effect of downconverting HDR content to SDR without hardware acceleration.
Since the computationals demands on that are huge, there is only a rather simple color conversion in effect when doing this with CPU only.

You'd need an nVidia GTX 1050 or higher, then conversion speed would be a lot higher and the HDR->SDR conversion more accurate.

Intel acceleration for UHD is not yet implemented.

This is actually a side effect of downconverting HDR content to SDR without hardware acceleration.
Since the computationals demands on that are huge, there is only a rather simple color conversion in effect when doing this with CPU only.

You'd need an nVidia GTX 1050 or higher, then conversion speed would be a lot higher and the HDR->SDR conversion more accurate.

Intel acceleration for UHD is not yet implemented.

Problem with that explanation is that other s/w I have used does not do this.

It goes without saying that I have tried this on different PC's.

The Hue change is not massive but is very annoying.

I think I probably wont get a resolution to this, as I say, its only a trial version so havnt paid for it so not a problem.

Thanks for help.

Last edited:
Back