• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HTC Touch™ smartphone

tkares

Is this phone supported? If not; on the opening screen were it says "Were do you want to copy today?" which devise profile should I use?

Thanks

Tim

For my AT&T Tilt (TYTN II, kaiser, whatever) I use Windows Mobile Smartphone. Works perfectly. I generally use 2 passes at 35%. Make sure to set your display size correctly (320x240) and all should be well.

I also have an HTC Touch. I tried that one and it didn't work. According to the specs it should play an AVI but it didn't. I'll keep trying different ones and see how they do.

Have htc touch and got it to work

Use "generic WMV/WMA (experimental)" and then play them with the windows media player. Works fine.

OP:
Exactly what model Touch and software version (assuming manual customer update; no experience with HTC) do you have?

I have the HTC Touch Diamond from Sprint and none of the profiles I've tried work, Windows Media Player (on the phone) always says it can't play the file. I've tried the Generic WMV, the Windows Smartphone and the MPG2 profiles, but none of them play.
And I can't get the 2 pass encoding to function at all, it fails after the beginning of the second pass...

Can anyone help?

- Lutz

Is this phone supported? If not; on the opening screen were it says "Were do you want to copy today?" which devise profile should I use?

Thanks

Tim
For my touch HD I use following in device.ini
[Touch HD]
Manufacturer=HTC
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
ScreenRatio=15:9
Res1=720x480
Res2=640x480
ResAna1=320x180
ResAna2=426x240
ResAna3=512x288
ResAna4=640x360
ResAna5=800x450
ARate=48000
ABRate=128
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=mp4
lavcopts=aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=mpeg4:coder=1:acodec=libfaac
FileType=mp4
Quality=23
MaxVBitrate=1800

HTC Fuze...

The HTC Fuze I just ordered has a VGA screen display of 640x480 and the Touch Pro should have the same. You might try burning the Windows Mobile Smartphone with that display size and see what happens.

I've had good luck burning my DVDs with CDVDM on my Creative Zen and my LG Vu in the past. I hope there's a setting that will work as well on my Fuze when I get it....

For my touch HD I use following in device.ini
[Touch HD]
Manufacturer=HTC
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
ScreenRatio=15:9
Res1=720x480
Res2=640x480
ResAna1=320x180
ResAna2=426x240
ResAna3=512x288
ResAna4=640x360
ResAna5=800x450
ARate=48000
ABRate=128
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=mp4
lavcopts=aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=mpeg4:coder=1:acodec=libfaac
FileType=mp4
Quality=23
MaxVBitrate=1800

This worked like a champ on my HTC Touch Pro! As a note though, there's a space between in the "lavacopts" line that generated an error, but once I took that space out, it worked like a charm and I was able to create an MP4 file of my movie and put it on my phone. Now I've got something to watch on the plane ride home!

Now maybe I can rip all my Dr. Who and put it on my phone to watch on the plane rides... :rock:

This worked like a champ on my HTC Touch Pro! As a note though, there's a space between in the "lavacopts" line that generated an error, but once I took that space out, it worked like a charm and I was able to create an MP4 file of my movie and put it on my phone. Now I've got something to watch on the plane ride home!

Now maybe I can rip all my Dr. Who and put it on my phone to watch on the plane rides... :rock:
That is why profile suggestions need to be put in code tags - to avoid those spaces when cut and pasting. Enjoy your Tardis trips ;)

Back