• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HP DV4000 (Region 1) won't play any Region 2 DVDs

IconBoy

HP DV4000 laptop - Region 1.
Am thrilled at having a (registered) copy of AnyDVD (v6.160) but every time I put in a region 2 DVD to play I get the message saying it may be dirty, locked etc. and I can never play anything.
The DVD player is an internal Matshita UJ-840D.
Using Intervideo WinDVD v5.0 DXVA or Cyberlink PowerDVD 4.0 as my choices of software to play DVDs.
I have tried Safe mode checked/unchecked, changing IDE controller to Standard Dual channel but still nothing is working.
I must be doing something wrong that no R2 DVD is working (got them from Blockbuster to watch for a nice night in at home!)
Can anyone help?
Would be really grateful!
Thanks very much.

Two things really, that disk may be in PAL format, since it's region 2, and Region 1 is NTSC format.
The second is this one :
Your reader/burner must match the region code of the dvd unless your burner/player is region free. Anydvd will allow a copy to be made region free which will then play on any machine but to read it in the first place your drive and region code must match.

Now you could go into My Computer and change the settings for the drive to region 2, and do the same for AnyDVD and for your software player but you'd still be facing the necessity of changing the formats.

I can't tell you how to do that, since I've never had to do it but it's likely someone on this forum can.

And that's your problem. Matshita drives are cheap, which is why laptop companies and oem builders love them (because the drives don't cost much). And they also suffer from region coding issues: visit here

What's the solution? Avoid Matshita.

HP DV4000 laptop - Region 1.
Am thrilled at having a (registered) copy of AnyDVD (v6.160) but every time I put in a region 2 DVD to play I get the message saying it may be dirty, locked etc. and I can never play anything.
Using Intervideo WinDVD v5.0 DXVA or Cyberlink PowerDVD 4.0 as my choices of software to play DVDs.
I have tried Safe mode checked/unchecked, changing IDE controller to Standard Dual channel but still nothing is working.
I must be doing something wrong that no R2 DVD is working (got them from Blockbuster to watch for a nice night in at home!)
Can anyone help?
Would be really grateful!
Thanks very much.

Looks like you have two options if you want to watch those movies. First is to change the region setting but remember you only get a total of 5 changes including the original setting. Second would be to get another drive (external DVD-ROM) and set it's region to 2.

Back