• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

hp BD B DH8E2L 8HD9

Artie

This is from the status screen of AnyDVD:

No Disc is present in Drive E:!
HP BDBDH8E2L 8HD9 2009/12/30 17:32

This drive came with an HP computer.
I have searched, and I cannot find any updates on it.
Any help would be great.
Also, I'm a truck driver, so if I don't respond quickly I'm not ignoring you, I'm just not home often.

Thx in advance.

Would be handy if you could post an AnyDVD logfile

This is from the status screen of AnyDVD:

No Disc is present in Drive E:!
HP BDBDH8E2L 8HD9 2009/12/30 17:32

That's pretty much what the AnyDVD status screen shows most of the time, unless a disc is in the drive.
So assuming that you wouldn't post, unless a disc is in the drive, I'm assuming your drive won't read the disc? In that case, it's not an AnyDVD issue.
Does the disc show up in Windows explorer?

Would be handy if you could post an AnyDVD logfile

I don't think, that's what we need just yet ;)

Actually everything works fine as far as reading and burning. The problem is the backup only plays in certain players. The backups play fine in standard dvd players, but won't work at all in ps3's, or other computers. I have a 2nd burner installed (aftermarket) and using all the same programs, and discs, everything plays fine in all of them.

So I'm guessing HP has some kind of lock on their drive, and I was hoping a firmware update could eliminate that.

I posted the info from the AnyDVD screen to show the type of burner.

Actually everything works fine as far as reading and burning. The problem is the backup only plays in certain players. The backups play fine in standard dvd players, but won't work at all in ps3's, or other computers. I have a 2nd burner installed (aftermarket) and using all the same programs, and discs, everything plays fine in all of them.

So I'm guessing HP has some kind of lock on their drive, and I was hoping a firmware update could eliminate that.

I posted the info from the AnyDVD screen to show the type of burner.

If playback work even in one of your devices that means which ever program was used worked along with drive you used. Most likely cause in your case might be junk media.

Which media you are using?

Also you mention about using different burner the thing is each burner write to disc in different manner. Prehaps firmware update on your hp drive will fix burning issue but change media as well and see if it helps before trying to replace firmware.

Last edited:
If playback work even in one of your devices that means which ever program was used worked along with drive you used. Most likely cause in your case might be junk media.

Which media you are using?

Also you mention about using different burner the thing is each burner write to disc in different manner. Perhaps firmware update on your hp drive will fix burning issue but change media as well and see if it helps before trying to replace firmware.

Due to the fact that I'm away so much, I'm usually limited to whatever is for sale locally (usually Memorex). However if this may be the problem I'd like to solve it.

Any suggestions on what to buy?

Also, thanks to all you guys for your help.

verbatim blanks would be the way to go. Thats premium quality media

Back