• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How's this stuff work?

OK, downloaded imageburn and removed both filters, clicked on fox, whirrr, just sits there after about 15 seconds of doing something on the burner. click on clone, select file, same can't do this message as last time. i.e. clone saying it can't find the file in c/doc

OK, downloaded imageburn and removed both filters

You need to reboot after removing the incd filters.

click on clone, select file, same can't do this message as last time. i.e. clone saying it can't find the file in c/doc

Why are you using your c: drive as the source? Specify drive "f:" or whatever drive has the original disc.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 and follow the steps in the order that they are listed in.

OK, rebooting, c drive is where I store the files pulled from the disc in f drive. My pcs DVD player does not work so I have to rip the file, send it to c drive, then go to the next program and copy the file back on f drive.

OK, rebooting, c drive is where I store the files pulled from the disc in f drive.

No. Use the original disc

My pcs DVD player does not work so I have to rip the file

If your dvd drive didn't work, you wouldn't be able to rip in the first place--much less produce an Anydvd log .zip file. Use the original disc as the source--not drive "c:".

1. I use f drive to rip the material from the DVD.

2. I then remove the DVD, insert a blank and copy.

3. f drive has no memory, it's just a burner. thus the ripped material has to be somewhere and c drive seems to me to be the answer

Anyway, I started over, got as far as clone which seemed to be copying the material. the bar on the bottom indicated the copying process was over but the disc just kept running. Don't like the fact that this program seems to run blind... you don't get a visual of what's happening via the disc... I let it run past the point at which the indicator said it was done for another 40 minutes. Finally had to stop and reboot the computer.

Trying again for the third and final time, then I have to do something else.

Thanks for the help. I've printed out all the messages.

Don't understand why this porgram is so difficult. I downloaded DVD shrink and was copying discs within a half hour. I'd still be using that program if it were not for more sophisticated encryption on the discs I want to back up.

1. I use f drive to rip the material from the DVD.

2. I then remove the DVD, insert a blank and copy.

You can use drive f: as both the reader and burner in Clonedvd. Just select drive "f" as the source and the also for the burner in Clonedvd. After Clonedvd is finished reading, the original disc will eject and prompt you to insert a blank disc.

sshot19lx3.png

(Thanks to Zebadee for these pictures and instructions)

So select drive "f" for the source

Click on Browse.

Click on My Computer.

Navigate to drive "f". Select it, and click "ok".

Anyway, I started over, got as far as clone which seemed to be copying the material. the bar on the bottom indicated the copying process was over but the disc just kept running.

The original or the backup disc?

1. Iolo Antivirus with System Mechanic issue

Imaref said:
I recently had problems with CloneDVD when writing to a blank DVD, I kept getting an error at 99%. I figured out that System Mechanic 7 Pro with Iolo Antivirus was the culprit.

Now before I start AnyDVD and then CloneDVD, I turn off the iolo antivirus and everything is working fine again.

source http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4027

It seems reasonable to suspect other Antivirus programs might interfere as well.
Might as well add Avira Antivir Guard to the list: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=6943

2. Disable the .wav sound that plays at the end of the burn

sockeye said:
It may be hanging on the .wav file at the end of the burn.
Click on the preferences tab in Clonedvd, blank the "successful completion of operations" box, and see if this resolves your problem.
You can use the browse button next to it to reinstate success .wav

source http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12096&postcount=8

3. Try a custom size of 4300 if you're using regular single layer blank media

Try setting a custom size of 4300 near the quality bar in Clonedvd (but if you're using good media, such as Taiyo Yuden Premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, you shouldn't have to) if you're using regular single layer dvd-5 (4.7GB) discs. Bad burn quality is notorious around the end of discs. Using a custom disc size of 4300 ensures you won't be burning to the end.

Other things to try that may help include:

A. Update your burner's firmware (if available)
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

B. Use good quality media (Memorex, Ritek, Princo, Fuji (not made in Japan), TDK from Costco, and general Maxell that you can find in most stores (not made in Japan) are not good quality media. Are you using inferior blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden Premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer is yes.
If you use poor quality blank media, then you should expect problems.
visit http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4764653&postcount=25
and
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3976250

C. Try lowering your burn speed (not below 4x; if you have a 16x burner and 16x rated media try writing to it at 12x instead of 16x; an 8x burn speed on 16x rated media wouldn't be a bad idea either)

D. Avoid sticker labels (they tend to cause problems)

E. Try setting a custom size of 4300 in Clonedvd (but if you're using good media, you shouldn't have to) if you're using regular single layer dvd-5 (4.7GB) discs.

Bad burn quality is notorious around the end of discs (see step E)
and also at layer breaks when using low quality DL media (use Verbatim +R DL media made in Singapore or MAM-A 8x +R DL, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom")

read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 fully please

you don't get a visual of what's happening via the disc.

I'm not sure what you mean. Are the percent bars not enough?

sshot18bw1.png

(thanks to Zebadee for the screenshot)

I downloaded DVD shrink and was copying discs within a half hour. I'd still be using that program if it were not for more sophisticated encryption on the discs I want to back up.

If you want to use Shrink, then:

right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

Or you can rip first with Clonedvd (select "dvd+/-r DL" near the quality bar in Clonedvd and then select "dvd files" as the output method)--and then import that rip into Shrink.

Last edited:
OK, back again for day two of trying to make this stuff work.

1. All I want to do is rip and burn movies from on dvd to another so that I can back up my movie collection. For this reason I downloaded AnyDVD and Clone and then Imgburn and took out the incdfilter and the other filter(?)

2. I used to be able to do all of what I wanted to do with DVD shrink, but newer dvds have somehow blocked dvd shrink.

3. When I click on the red fox I get a simple screen and i click on dafault and go and the screen disappears and nothing happens, or I get the screen that tells me the title of the movie, the encryption, length, blah, blah , blah. and then the screen goes back to my wall paper.

4. When I click on Dolly the clone, I get an opening screen and twice I have been able to get so far that it appears to be ripping the movie and then it freezes and locks the computer... It locks it to the point that I have to shut down the computer and then disconnect the power from my Sony DVD burner.

5. I started out again today, clicked on the fox, clicked status and got the error message that there was no disc in F drive. I opened and closed the gate and still, no disc. I went to my computer, clicked on F drive, same message. Back to the fox, nothing. Is my burner now fried?

3. When I click on the red fox I get a simple screen and i click on dafault and go and the screen disappears and nothing happens, or I get the screen that tells me the title of the movie, the encryption, length, blah, blah , blah. and then the screen goes back to my wall paper.

That's normal. Anydvd just decrypts (or rips, if you use Anydvd ripper). It doesn't burn.

4. When I click on Dolly the clone, I get an opening screen and twice I have been able to get so far that it appears to be ripping the movie and then it freezes and locks the computer

Yeah, but so far you've been telling me that you're using (what is basically a corrupt rip from) your hard drive as the source. Use drive the original disc as the source.

How far does Clonedvd get? Does it only rip to a certain percentage and lockup? Or does it finish ripping and then lockup when it starts to burn?

I started out again today, clicked on the fox, clicked status and got the error message that there was no disc in F drive.

Did you have an original dvd in drive f?

Reboot. Try again to see if Anydvd is recognizing there's a disc in your drive.

If not then,

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Check to see if your system ("my computer") now reports a disc in drive. Do you see a video_ts folder (if you're using a dvd)? Do you see folders or files?

If the answer is "no" to "d)", then Anydvd isn't your problem. As Anydvd is not on your system, Anydvd can't interfere or block the reading process. Possibly your reader or burner is slowing dying, the original disc is bad, or a number of other possibilities exist as well (including messed up ide/sata busdrivers, bad cable on the back of the drive, etc.)

If the answer is "yes", click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 and follow the steps (note that step 4 requires you to post information)

Last edited:
Ok, today I shut down the computer and left it sit for a couple of hours, then rebooted the computer and the F drive is back on board...whew.

I put the Amazing Grace disc in F, clicked on the fox, did the two button click, evidently got a good rip.

went to clone and after about an hour and a half I'm at what i assume to be just about the final page, Writing to recognizable media. The burner is still humming, but the copying DVD files marker is sitting at 0. and says below "processing files invts_01_1.vob037353. We're approaching two hours from the start on this... is this just a case of being patient and it will eventually write the files so that I can put a blank in and start to burn?

I put the Amazing Grace disc in F, clicked on the fox, did the two button click, evidently got a good rip.

Well, you can import that rip into Shrink if you want if you used Anydvd ripper (right click red fox icon-->select "rip video dvd to harddisk".)

You don't need to rip first at all if you're using Clonedvd.

is this just a case of being patient and it will eventually write the files so that I can put a blank in and start to burn?

No.

If you're using single layer blank media (4.7 GB), you need to select "dvd-5" near the quality bar in Clonedvd.

1) What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

2) At what speed are you burning your blank media?

Well, you can import that rip into Shrink if you want if you used Anydvd ripper (right click red fox icon-->select "rip video dvd to harddisk".)

You don't need to rip first at all if you're using Clonedvd.

!!!!???? Oh, well, Ripped and it's still sitting at "Writing to recordable media" I can't open the gate on the F drive, I can't put a blank disc in. Right Clicked on the red fox and nothing happens except ladder that has run as, convert with pdf, pin to Start menu, send to>, cut, copy, create shortcut, delete, rename, properties. Computer appears to be locked, but I haven't hit the red X to close the program as I don't want to loose what may be a good copy.

No.

If you're using single layer blank media (4.7 GB), you need to select "dvd-5" near the quality bar in Clonedvd.

I have 8.6 and 4.7 media available, stuff that has worked well for me in the past.

1) What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

Memorex DVD+R DL 8.5, 240, 2.4x, Windata DVD+R DL 8.5 240 recordable up to 8x, Staples DVD+R 4.7, 120, 16x. I've had nothing but success with this stuff and haven't gotten far enough to test whether it will work with Clone.

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

2) At what speed are you burning your blank media?
Haven't gotten that far yet, we're still taking the film from the original.

Last edited by a moderator:
Memorex DVD+R DL 8.5, 240, 2.4x, Windata DVD+R DL 8.5 240 recordable up to 8x, Staples DVD+R 4.7, 120, 16x.

All that stuff is pretty bad and inconsistent in quality. And if you use that, then you should expect problems.

Bad quality blank media can vary in results from disc to disc, even within the same spindle. With good blank media you can play "find the bad blank" game. With inferior quality blank media you get to play "find the blank that works" game. And even when inferior blank media does work, you can play the "will my backups still play after 6 months (or even after two years)" game.

Use good quality blank media (Taiyo Yuden Premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, Maxell Broadcast Quality). Avoid Ritek, Memorex, regular Maxell blank media that you can find in most stores that are not made in Japan, Fuji, TDK from Costco, and Princo. Also, on average, it's wise to avoid blank media that's made in China or Hong Kong.

This is what you should be using:

CD-Rs = Maxell CD-R Pro (these are Taiyo Yudens with a protective coating), Verbatim Datalife Plus, Taiyo Yuden
DVD±Rs = Maxell Broadcast Quality Series 8x (not regular junk Maxells you find everywhere), Verbatim 8x & 16x, Taiyo Yuden (not Valueline) 8x
DVD+R DLs = Verbatim made in Singapore (not India), MAM-A 8x

I can't put a blank disc in

1. Go into windows task manager. Shutdown Clonedvd. Reboot. Clonedvd is basically hanging at the moment.

2. Again, click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=10715 and follow the steps. There's no need to be ripping first using Anydvd if you use Clonedvd.

Ensure that you have enough blank space on your hard drive.

Last edited:
F drive finally stopped and I got the following message f:/VIDEO-TS/VTS-01-1VOB: read error, copy production error- the read failed because the sector is encrypted

if reading the media has failed please clean the surface and retry. took the disc out, wiped it, putting it back in for second try.

F drive finally stopped and I got the following message f:/VIDEO-TS/VTS-01-1VOB: read error, copy production error- the read failed because the sector is encrypted

if reading the media has failed please clean the surface and retry. took the disc out, wiped it, putting it back in for second try.

I recommend you reboot.

Also do this again, please:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

Back