• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to update AnyStream

Dominick_7

Hi can i install new versions on top of old ones, or does it need to be uninstalled and reinstalled, where i need to relog into the service providers every time with each update?

I never uninstall anything when I install an update, why when I want to keep and just want to renew it.
So as the others said, just do it, as long as you close AS before.
This way that Deepspace does is fine but you can update any way you except with the program open. ;)

I am so glad I read this thread. Up to this point for every new release I had been:
  • logging out of each provider
  • uninstalling AS (keeping registration info)
  • installing the latest AS
  • logging in to each provider
  • setting up my naming conventions
  • reselecting which subtitles I want from each download

Up to this point for every new release I had been:
But how do you even get this idea? I've never done it this way and have no idea why one should do it, unless you have issues and can only resolve them by removing all data and installing it from scratch.
But I just update it, so why should I delete everything? You don't uninstall all programs, delete all files and reinstall Windows on every Patchday as well, don't you? You just let the updates run, restart and done.

But how do you even get this idea? I've never done it this way and have no idea why one should do it, unless you have issues and can only resolve them by removing all data and installing it from scratch.
But I just update it, so why should I delete everything? You don't uninstall all programs, delete all files and reinstall Windows on every Patchday as well, don't you? You just let the updates run, restart and done.
Posted by Deepspace

The above way to install AnyStream by Deepspace is the correct way to do it. But if you want to waste a whole lot of time and energy, you can do it any way you like.

Force of habit from many years of experience updating computers and phones.

In the days of HDDs, I would reformat Windows at least once a year.

When I used to have iPhones, I would fresh install every iOS update. Every release there would be masses of people complaining how their over-the-top iOS update had screwed their phones in some way. I never had an issue with my clean installs. Not once.

I always uninstall my GPU drivers and remove every trace of them using DDU whenever there is a new release. GPU drivers have been notorious for screwing up when installed over the top of old drivers.

Force of habit from many years of experience updating computers and phones.

In the days of HDDs, I would reformat Windows at least once a year.

When I used to have iPhones, I would fresh install every iOS update. Every release there would be masses of people complaining how their over-the-top iOS update had screwed their phones in some way. I never had an issue with my clean installs. Not once.

I always uninstall my GPU drivers and remove every trace of them using DDU whenever there is a new release. GPU drivers have been notorious for screwing up when installed over the top of old drivers.
How do you reformat a Iphone to do a fresh install? Hook it up to a computer or special equipment?

How do you reformat a Iphone to do a fresh install? Hook it up to a computer or special equipment?
You use Itunes to make a back up. Then wipe the phone clean, then reinstall the back up with Itunes.

You use Itunes to make a back up. Then wipe the phone clean, then reinstall the back up with Itunes.
I have used Itunes for a backup before and reinstalled, but how do you wipe it clean? Do you mean do a factory reset? Flymo said When I used to have iPhones, I would fresh install every iOS update. I would take that to mean reformat and just install the new IOS, like installing the latest windows ISO on a clean install.

Last edited:
Factory reset for each IOS update?, really? :D.. I promise everyone that you can install AS on top, AS does not make a mess in registry nor filesystem, for those trying out a lot of programs I would recommend using a VM for that, re-format OS isn't necessary either when using programs like Macrium Reflect, you just reset or snapshot away, you can also take it one step further with programs like "total uninstall" monitoring, then you'll see every change in detail with options of backing up and restoring individual programs.. AS is a tiny program with low footprint, don't worry and just install on top .. unless specified not to, this can be the case with major upgrades usually but rarely minor updates

When I had a cell phone (iphone) I just updated as needed. Thats it. ;) The phone always worked fine.

Do we really need to keep hearing about updating and restoring cell phones?

So we are free to go off topic?

First you post complaining about going off topic then you ask if doing so is OK. Not sure what your point is or what you are after but as a simple community member lets do keep it all sane. The forums are a pleasure to peruse because they are not crazy.

Back