• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to "shrink" a Blu-ray-movie to fit on a 25gb-blu-ray-disc ?

I finally got it right! Thanks for all the help. I had set BD Rebuilder to use Imageburn after the fact. For some reason when I tried to use Imageburn after BD_R it didn't record correctly. Selecting the 'Imageburn' option made all the difference. I went through 3 discs before I got one the would read on my Panasonic Blu Ray Player.
The results look fantastic! The many hours of trials and tribulations paid off.
Once again, thanks to all of you that sent me the tips that it took to finally get a great rip that plays back beautifully!

told ya, let BDRB take care of the IMGB settings :) Glad it finally worked out for you. The proverb is proven true once again. Patience is a virtue, and determination pays off in the end :)

Ch3vr0n, you were right. Setting up BD_RB correctly and letting it use IMGBRN to finish off the disc is the only way to go. Also, using the 'Inspect' program that is in the BD_RB is a must for configuring everything correctly.
If you don't have all 'OK's' in the 'Inspect' part, you are screwed. If all else fails read the 'Read Me'. It took me three discs to get it right. That's not bad. I remember what it was like back in 95' learning how to beat the system on 1X CD burning. The discs cost about the same at that time, too.

well considering BD-R DL cost usually 3-4x as much as a single BD25 and it took ya 3-4 discs of BD25 to get it right i'd say thats not a bad trade off. Think of all the future costs you'll save of being able to back up to a BD25 instead of BD50's ;)

I have yet to find the inspect button, maybe I am over looking it. Could someone point me in the right direction please...Thanks

There is no inspect button. Its a small application from JDobbs thats included with BDRB. Just browse to the folder where you placed BD-Rebuilder. Inside the BDRB folder you'll find a small executable "inspect.exe". Double click on that one, then hit the "inspect" button to see if your FFDShow settings are correct :)

Need help in getting BD-Rebuilder to work

Hope some one can help me here.:bang:

I want to make a back-up copy of some BD disks I have to prevent the kids from trashing the original disk. Trying to copy Where the wild things are to a 4.7gb DVD-R disk. I have followed the "The Complete Blu-Ray Backup Guide" by MilOtis and all programs he required are installed and working.
I used AnyDVD HD to rip a ISO image of the disk, then mounted it with Virtual Clone Dive. Did a backup of mounted image using BD-Rebuilder, Phase one Encoding went through without a hitch, then when it finishes it starts Reencoding Pass 1 of 2 and I get a error message that x264.exe has stopped working. here is the log

-----------------------
[15:54:15] BD Rebuilder v0.36.06 (beta)
- Source: WHERE_THE_WILD_THINGS_ARE
- Input BD size: 17.67 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:41:01.930]
- Target BD size: 4.36 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
- Auto Quality: High Quality (Default), Two Pass
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[15:54:22] - Aborted per user request
-----------------------
[15:54:49] BD Rebuilder v0.36.06 (beta)
- Source: WHERE_THE_WILD_THINGS_ARE
- Input BD size: 17.67 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:41:01.930]
- Target BD size: 4.36 GB
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
- Auto Quality: High Quality (Default), Two Pass
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[15:54:52] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [15:54:52] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00008]
- [16:07:05] Reencoding: VID_00008 (1 of 1)
- [16:07:05] Collecting video information
- Source Video: VC-1, 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 145,341 frames
- Bitrate: 5,009 Kbs
- [16:07:05] Reencoding: VID_00008, Pass 1 of 2
- Encode failed. Retrying.
- Encode failed. Retrying.
- Reached retry limit. Aborting.
- BD-Rebuilder v0.36.06 (beta)
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: Ok
- FFDSHOW: 3326, Ok
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok
[16:08:59] - Failed video encode, aborted

Anyone have a clue as to what I am doing wrong here and how to fix this this?

Thanks

MR JEB: Try updating to the latest version, 0.36.09, and try again. If that doesn't work for you, I would take Adbear's advice and post your problem on the doom9 forum. Go under the "DVD Rebuilder" forum, then BD Rebuilder bug reports is in there. They will be able to help you out a whole lot better than we can, especially since Jdobbs, the maker of BD Rebuilder, is always on there and helping people with their issues.

New to the forums as well as blu ray! Have taken given advice with bdbuilder, img burn, and dvdfab but am wondering what normal burn times are. When burning a 25gb to 25gb it seems to take @ 1 hour, but when using the programs on a 25gb+ movie(takers) only to 25gb blank, it seems to take 10 hours+! Is this normal or am I approaching it wrong?
mdrumz

New to the forums as well as blu ray! Have taken given advice with bdbuilder, img burn, and dvdfab but am wondering what normal burn times are. When burning a 25gb to 25gb it seems to take @ 1 hour, but when using the programs on a 25gb+ movie(takers) only to 25gb blank, it seems to take 10 hours+! Is this normal or am I approaching it wrong?
mdrumz

Depends on your computer. The difference is that you are re-encoding the whole disc to fit in the 25GB space. It takes time. I do movie only backups with BD-Rebuilder and the re-encoding takes from 1-4 hours depending on the amount of material (That does not include ripping the disk and then burning the BDR.) I have a 4 core machine. Since you are backing up to 25GB try the High Speed Option (BD-25) and "Quicker" Encode for Extras options.

I have downloaded BD-rebuilder, call me a noob or wateva...I got it on a file, but how do I get it to open and strip down blu-ray disc?

Back