• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to play forward/backward, stop + jump chapters in ISO-Files/VirtualCloneDrive

SEHRUM

I have installed a BD-ROM Harddrive (virtual) by using VirtualCloneDrive 5.4.7.0.
It works just well due to the fact, that I can watch ISO Files.

BUT:
Is there no way to play forward/backward, jump chapters, stop and play again as if I play a regular DVD on a physical harddrive...?!? Otherwise its really a unpractical mess using a 4-5 hours video with no possibiliy to use the described wishable functions I do miss...

Thanks a lot for potential efforts!!!

I have installed a BD-ROM Harddrive (virtual) by using VirtualCloneDrive 5.4.7.0.
It works just well due to the fact, that I can watch ISO Files.

BUT:
Is there no way to play forward/backward, jump chapters, stop and play again as if I play a regular DVD on a physical harddrive...?!? Otherwise its really a unpractical mess using a 4-5 hours video with no possibiliy to use the described wishable functions I do miss...

Thanks a lot for potential efforts!!!
You play it with a normal DVD player software. There is no difference to a physical drive.

You play it with a normal DVD player software. There is no difference to a physical drive.

Thanks for answering. But I don´t really get your answer, ecspecially after emphasizing the fact that I suceeded to play the ISO-File, but missing any control buttons ("...forward/backward, jump chapters, stop and play again...") whatsoever...?!?

After clicking on the ISO-File it "opens" itself as a Folder inside the BD-Rom "Harddrive": There I open an exe-File (Macromedia Projector), which initiates the "movie"... Seems to be that the ISO File comes with an internal Projector (player).

As well I couldn´t open the ISO File in VLC Media Player which is suppose to be able to handle such files...?!?

Thanks for answering. But I don´t really get your answer, ecspecially after emphasizing the fact that I suceeded to play the ISO-File, but missing any control buttons ("...forward/backward, jump chapters, stop and play again...") whatsoever...?!?

After clicking on the ISO-File it "opens" itself as a Folder inside the BD-Rom "Harddrive": There I open an exe-File (Macromedia Projector), which initiates the "movie"... Seems to be that the ISO File comes with an internal Projector (player).

As well I couldn´t open the ISO File in VLC Media Player which is suppose to be able to handle such files...?!?
You mount the image in Virtual CloneDrive and play the disc with player software as a DISC. You don't play the iso file.

Just for being sure I did reinstall the newest VCD (after deinstallation before), mounting the desired ISO File into the new created
BD-ROM Harddrive but couldn´t find any way to play the disc with a player software as a DISC (as you described). Didn´t neither work in Windows Media Player, nor in the QuickTimePlayer or in the VLC Media Player...????

Last edited:
Once mounted the in VCD the ISO acts the same as if you had a physical disc in a drive, so you use it the same way you would a physical disc. If it's a Blu-ray ISO then you need some proper Blu-ray playback software such as PowerDVD if you want full functionality. Windows Media Player & Quicktime don't play back Blu-rays and VLC is very limited in it's playback.

Once mounted the in VCD the ISO acts the same as if you had a physical disc in a drive, so you use it the same way you would a physical disc. If it's a Blu-ray ISO then you need some proper Blu-ray playback software such as PowerDVD if you want full functionality. Windows Media Player & Quicktime don't play back Blu-rays and VLC is very limited in it's playback.

I principally understood the function of VCD from the beginning, but obviously not into its deep because of my wrong file handling. Its a matte painting tutorial (PS, 3DMax, Vue), so meaningly a simple video... Thanks for your tip!

Back