• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to make the purest 1:1 BD copy?

bphem3

My goal is to make the best 1:1 blu-ray copy possible for digital archival purposes. The idea being that if the original disc were to fail I can burn a new physical copy with everything in tact.

All of the Viedo Blu-Ray Settings and Disc Region are unchecked, except "Enable Blu-ray support" and the "Automatic" radio button.

I "Rip to image..." with all three (3) settings enabled.

1) Am I going about this the right way or should I be doing anything different?

2) Does using any of the other Video Blu-ray settings have any impact on ISO creation or do they only kick in when using AnyDVD on-the-fly during playback?

Last edited:
I myself have the keep protection box and the sparse file box ticked.
Then when I need those ISO's again I mount them with VCD and let AnyDVDHD scan and decrypt it.
And to me that is as close to the original disc as you can get.
Of course it's all just a matter of opinion.
But I ALWAYS keep protection. Never know when a bug might creep in and rendering anything ripped w/o useless to me.
FYI:
When keeping protection any changes to disc made with AnyDVDHD like uop's and speedmenu's are NOT permanent and can be undone.

I myself have the keep protection box and the sparse file box ticked.
Then when I need those ISO's again I mount them with VCD and let AnyDVDHD scan and decrypt it.
And to me that is as close to the original disc as you can get.
Of course it's all just a matter of opinion.
But I ALWAYS keep protection. Never know when a bug might creep in and rendering anything ripped w/o useless to me.
FYI:
When keeping protection any changes to disc made with AnyDVDHD like uop's and speedmenu's are NOT permanent and can be undone.

Thanks for the feedback. Anyone else agree or disagree?

2) Does using any of the other Video Blu-ray settings have any impact on ISO creation or do they only kick in when using AnyDVD on-the-fly during playback?
Anyone have any info on this?

I'd say to back up movies with the protection removed, as you specified in the OP. If they play back without issue immediately after the initial decryption, then they will continue to do so for as long as the disc survives. If you don't know whether the backup worked correctly (i.e., you didn't attempt to play the backup) then why perform the backup in the first place?

Back